Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:29:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice/tips to recover access to Blockchain wallet  (Read 115 times)
JB0011 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:18:09 PM

I had a bitcoin wallet on blockchain.info several years ago. I have the identifier. I lost/forgot the password. I want to do two things:

1. Check the balance in that wallet (I don't have any wallet addresses). Is it possible to check balance using identifier only?
2. Recover access to the wallet.

I have the identifier from the welcome email. I have the 344B wallet.aes.json back up file in that welcome email. I don't remember the password. There was no 2FA enabled. When I try to recover balance from this json file in another wallet, it asks for password. I don't remember what that password was. Maybe its the same as the wallet password but I don't remember. I don't have the pass phrase, I never generated that as far as I remember.

Please advise on how to go about 1) finding the balance in this wallet and 2) recovering access to this wallet.

I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:29:13 PM

1. Check the balance in that wallet (I don't have any wallet addresses). Is it possible to check balance using identifier only?

As I checked you don't have wallet address with Blockchain so it is impossible to check balance using identifier.

Second thing as Blockchain supports for back up wallet with multiple ways but user must have to take proper precaution before using blockchain wallet service. If you have backup of wallet with paraphrase or private keys then only it possible, otherwise recovering wallets from blockchain is also impossible task.

If have Bitcoin wallet address then can check balance on any bitcoin explorer with specific BTC address.
JB0011 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:30:42 PM

As I checked you don't have wallet address with Blockchain so it is impossible to check balance using identifier.

Second thing as Blockchain supports for back up wallet with multiple ways but user must have to take proper precaution before using blockchain wallet service. If you have backup of wallet with paraphrase or private keys then only it possible, otherwise recovering wallets from blockchain  is also impossible task.

I have wallet.aes.json backup file, but it seems to be encrypted and I do not remember what password I put there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: