Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone with issues closing their BitPay Card?  (Read 161 times)
wwwxyz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:22:24 PM

Hello, I have emailed them both at support@bitpay.com and bitpay@cardholdersupport.com and they have been looping me around those 2 emails and answering VERY VERY slow stating I have a 1.58 EUR balance on card that support@bitpay.com must look into to send me a check (lol) and when I e-mailed last time support@bitpay they told me:

Dec 13, 8:00 AM EST

Hello,

We have completed an initial review of your support request and have escalated your issue for priority review.

We have changed our support process to better solve your issues. In the future, please use our new support form to get your issues resolved faster.

Thank you for your patience!

It's been 3 days already!
I am wondering if calling the phone number on the back of the card (UK number) will help me more than their email support which is practically useless.

I really need to cancel the card before 19th January or it will start getting feed for dormancy.

Anyone any tips on what should I do? Also, on the back of the card it says it's issued by WaveCrest Holdings United.
cryptoarena

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:57:53 AM

I believe Wavecrest is experiencing problems. This is causing all cryoto debit cards problems. Not sure what the solution will be but I hope there will be a solution fast so we can use the debit cards again soon.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1176

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:03:01 AM

Just received this:

Hello, BitPay Card users,

Yesterday our European BitPay Card issuer Wave Crest Holdings, Ltd. received direction from Visa® to immediately close all accounts of its prepaid Visa® debit card programs.

The BitPay Card (non-US) is one of these programs, along with other cryptocurrency-related and standard prepaid Visa® debit cards. Unfortunately, Wave Crest was unable to provide us or cardholders with more time to prepare for this change.
What does this change mean for you?

Your BitPay Card account is now deactivated, and you will not be able to use it for further payments or withdrawals.

You can continue to log in to your BitPay Card dashboard for access to payment history, load history, and other important information.
What happens to your money?

You will get a refund for your ending card balance and for any outstanding card loads. We will be working with Wave Crest to make sure that all card balances return to our cardholders quickly.

If you ordered the BitPay Card recently, you expected to have much more time to use it. BitPay will offering card order fee refunds for all users who ordered on or after 1 December 2017.

We will be sending you another email in the coming days with more details on claiming your refund(s). We appreciate your patience as we respond to this sudden change. We will be working hard to assist our full international cardholder base through this transition.
What is next for the BitPay Card?

We are already in discussions with potential alternative issuers for the BitPay Card which will allow us to serve customers in Europe and beyond. The BitPay Card will continue to be available for users in the United States without interruption, and we expect to be back in your country soon.

As part of our commitment to BitPay Card users, we will send you an email when the BitPay Card becomes available in your country again. If you still want a BitPay Card, we will give you a card free of charge.

We're disappointed that we can't serve you anymore (for now, at least). And we're sorry that this change is going to take away a tool which many of you rely on. But we want to sincerely thank you for using our card. We appreciate having had the chance to work with you, and we hope you'll continue to get value from BitPay's bitcoin wallet app and payment processing tools.

If you have any questions or issues in the meantime, please reach out to our team.

Best,

The BitPay Team
Asteriks

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:42:25 AM

Dear Cardholder,

We, WaveCrest, are the issuer of your Visa Prepaid card, which you have enrolled for through one of our program partners. Visa have today instructed us that we must close all WaveCrest issued Visa Prepaid Cards with immediate effect.

How will this affect you?

Your WaveCrest-issued Visa Prepaid Card will no longer function.  However, as your funds were stored in your e-wallet they will remain accessible to you via your wallet provider.

We thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

WaveCrest

Using Unichange - acces frought Mychoice mychoicecorporate com - cardholderonline com

How to recieve back my money what a on Mychoice cardholderonline site account ?

Any sugestions ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: