Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC usage  (Read 415 times)
GobanGuru (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:09:53 AM

Hi folks!

I have no BTC so far.
'Wondering what is the real usage and benefit?

Sry if I missed the point on wiki or using search...

Thanks
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 08:15:30 AM

You can buy or sell goods or gambling purpose by using BTC. BTC is digital currency and its price are high in market

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:16:08 PM

The main "practical" benefits of Bitcoin (other than ideological or socio-economic factors that Joe Sixpack couldn't care less about) are:
* It has much lower fees than other electronic payment systems (currently BTC0.0001 (about 1 U.S. cent at present exchange rates) per transaction)
* Payments are settled much faster than other electronic payment systems (about 10 minutes on average)
* It is "push" based, eliminating the risk of chargeback fraud for merchants
* No personal information is needed make payments, eliminating the risk of identity theft for consumers
* It can be used in any country
* It doesn't close on weekends or holidays

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:26:24 PM

It's anonymous and literally impossible to shut down the biggest benefits imo.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:32:30 PM

Hi folks!

I have no BTC so far.
'Wondering what is the real usage and benefit?

Sry if I missed the point on wiki or using search...

Thanks

You can just about instantly transfer value to anybody around the globe for a low fee, totally ignoring arbitrary things like national borders.

I use bitcoin to invest at places like BTCT.co and BitFunder.com.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:05:23 PM

It's anonymous and literally impossible to shut down the biggest benefits imo.

False, it's not anonymous, it's pseudonymous. All transaction data is visible to everyone, but you only see the Bitcoin adresses.
(Better than giving out your real name like in bank transactions though, but less anonymous than paying with cash)

Another really big benefit:
The amount of Bitcoins is limited, thus it cannot be devalued like other currencies by a government printing more money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: