Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:49:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FTC Attack Again (?) | Heads up |  (Read 1501 times)
ohiwastedmylif (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:05:40 PM

it was about 12 when you posted on that page i checked before that other guy posted the link Wink
look at it now lol

notice when the auto pool hoppers move / difficulty changes..
the point i made is very real so you do have to take that into account, it's a fact !
whether that is what is happening or just happened i am not too sure.
don't jump to conclusions.. posts like this is like a weak attack on the coin.
it almost seems like your trying to stir up some controversy to damage the coin or your just being a nub lol

Auto pool switchers do not switch much more hashing power than all alt coins excluding LTC combined. Catch my drift? FTC was in position 3 or 4 at the time and would not be the #1 choice or auto switchers. It hit 26 Gh/s when I was watching it. That is more than LTC's global hashing power (23 Gh/s - 24 Gh/s) for comparison. FTC normally sits around 2 Gh/s - 3 Gh/s.

I was trying to do something nice and notify people that an attack may have been occurring.

It seems the only thing people can do is lie 24/7 and be douchers.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
Entimp

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:11:32 PM

You are a terrible miner, and you are hurting your PXC investment via UNOCS partnership.

FTC needs real miners more than anything to fight it.
How could you make a, clearly, wise and insightful comment whilst knowing nothing about the launch details of UNOCS?

Folks are scared, thus the attacks and 24 hour launch delay. Childish.
ohiwastedmylif (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:29:49 PM

You are a terrible miner, and you are hurting your PXC investment via UNOCS partnership.

How could you make a, clearly, wise and insightful comment whilst knowing nothing about the launch details of UNOCS?

My comment had absolutely nothing to do with details about UNOCS.

My comment was that you do not understand how an attack works. When a coin is under a large hash attack, one of the best methods of mitigation is to maintain the real miner hash power and try to add to it if you can. You told people to bail on the coin and go mine your pool so you can make money instead. That negatively impacts a coin under attack(potential attack) and helps the attackers.

When 3 coins partner up, their value becomes connected. If someone controls 33.3% of a company or entity or group and has issues, it typically effects the other partners as well. Same theory that everyone is banking on in that combining 3 coins provides positive reinforcement to the pricing. The positive end is that all 3 collectively add and benefit each other, the negative is that each coin poses an additional layer of risk. The combining of 3 coins is not the same of providing redundancy for protection since they are all working in unison but separately.

If you support one of the three coins, and support UNOCS, you should support all 3 coins equally to get the most benefit.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
Entimp

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:59:26 PM

My comment had absolutely nothing to do with details about UNOCS.

My comment was that you do not understand how an attack works. When a coin is under a large hash attack, one of the best methods of mitigation is to maintain the real miner hash power and try to add to it if you can. You told people to bail on the coin and go mine your pool so you can make money instead. That negatively impacts a coin under attack(potential attack) and helps the attackers.

When 3 coins partner up, their value becomes connected. If someone controls 33.3% of a company or entity or group and has issues, it typically effects the other partners as well. Same theory that everyone is banking on in that combining 3 coins provides positive reinforcement to the pricing. The positive end is that all 3 collectively add and benefit each other, the negative is that each coin poses an additional layer of risk. The combining of 3 coins is not the same of providing redundancy for protection since they are all working in unison but separately.

If you support one of the three coins, and support UNOCS, you should support all 3 coins equally to get the most benefit.

Wires crossed then - you are hurting your PXC investment via UNOCS partnership. - Sounds like a dig at UNOCS. But if you didn't mean that, fair enough.

As for the partnership, I can't comment. That will have to be seen when it all goes live.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: