Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:38:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help ! Bitcoins not showing in transaction history in Electrum Wallet  (Read 134 times)
Kris89 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:07:41 PM

Hi,

I think I lost my coins as they have not shown up in my transaction history. The coins were bought in April 2015 and on the same night I did an update on electrum, this could have been stupidly done during the transaction . I seen the amount flicker in the corner of the screen then disappear :/ I have my password and seed phrase. I have also tried numerous things like exporting the private keys and sweeping the wallet but no joy but then again I'm not sure I'm doing it properly  Undecided

Has anybody out there had any similar issues?  Or could steer me in the right direction to at least so I know if these coins can still be retrieved or are they lost forever HuhHuh  Huh

The coins are in the block chain and my broker says they are still under my control if I can find a way of accessing them, so he pointed me here.

To make matters worse my old laptop has been restored  Cry

If anybody can guide me through what went wrong, I'll gladly make a btc donation !

K.
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:12:34 PM

Move it to technical discussions. You think someone there will help you. Also I think is better to start to post Trx Id for see if your broker said the truth
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:22:11 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 05:44:50 PM by OmegaStarScream

If your bitcoins were not moved and you have the seed and private keys like you claimed, there is nothing to be worried about. Do you know the address where you received the funds and can you actually see the bitcoins in a blockexplorer? If the answer is yes for both questions, try to go to console and run the following command (not sure If the version you're using support this though):

Code:
ismine("put_the_address_here")

If the address is in your wallet then It should return 'true' and If you don't know the address, try this:

Code:
listunspent()

It's still unclear to me what's your issue exactly is. It's simply that the balance and transaction history are not displaying correctly?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kris89 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:48:18 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the fast reply! Smiley I cant see my address in electrum but I know it was copied to the broker and I have the block chain here

https://blockchain.info/address/1CJWJxj9ojCgSmZVh4FfT12RxfMxvM9Bqh

Is this what you mean by answering yes to both. If so is this in the console tab I run in the command???

K.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:52:49 PM

If so is this in the console tab I run in the command???

Yes like this and hit enter:

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Kris89 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:16:31 PM

I'm getting this :/

Is this bad?

ismine("1CJWJxj9ojCgSmZVh4FfT12RxfMxvM9Bqh")

minmine(1CJWJxj9ojCgSmZVh4FfT12RxfMxvM9Bqh)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 316, in exec_layout
electrum_gui.qt.installwizard.GoBack

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 81, in func_wrapper
  File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 396, in request_password
  File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 389, in pw_layout
  File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 316, in exec_layout

File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 81, in func_wrapper
  File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 396, in request_password
  File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\installwizard.py", line 389, in pw_layout

File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\console.py", line 214, in runCommand
  File "<string>", line 1
    mine(1CJWJxj9ojCgSmZVh4FfT12RxfMxvM9Bqh)
                                          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

File "site-packages\electrum-3.0.2-py3.5.egg\electrum_gui\qt\console.py", line 222, in runCommand
  File "<string>", line 1
    mine(1CJWJxj9ojCgSmZVh4FfT12RxfMxvM9Bqh)
                                          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:19:46 PM

You're using version 3.0.2 now? you restored your wallet from a seed? If yes, which version you were using before? I'm not sure why you're getting this error though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:24:17 PM

You are posting this in a wrong forum so first move it to technical discussion forum as there are many people who can help you and don't trust anyone with your private key or wallet seeds. Did you tried importing your wallet to blockchain? or try creating new wallet and import your seeds on electrum.
Kris89 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:31:54 PM

Importing my wallet to block chain?Huh Yes, I created a new wallet and import your seeds on electrum.

Sorry I'm new here, have you a link to the technical discussion?

K.
Kris89 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:53:44 PM

You're using version 3.0.2 now? you restored your wallet from a seed? If yes, which version you were using before? I'm not sure why you're getting this error though.

version 3.0.2 now. On the night of transaction 2015-04-25, either one of these versions;

Electrum 2.0.4  133  Friday, April 17, 2015  approved
Electrum 1.9.8  167  Thursday, February 5, 2015  approved

Any idea what's happened?
Kris89 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:24:33 PM

If your bitcoins were not moved and you have the seed and private keys like you claimed, there is nothing to be worried about. Do you know the address where you received the funds and can you actually see the bitcoins in a blockexplorer? If the answer is yes for both questions, try to go to console and run the following command (not sure If the version you're using support this though):

Code:
ismine("put_the_address_here")

If the address is in your wallet then It should return 'true' and If you don't know the address, try this:

I'm getting this;

>>
>> ismine("1CJWJxj9ojCgSmZVh4FfT12RxfMxvM9Bqh")
false
>>

Code:
listunspent()

It's still unclear to me what's your issue exactly is. It's simply that the balance and transaction history are not displaying correctly?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: