Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:53:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do i buy Bitcoin?  (Read 288 times)
sann111 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:00:33 PM

Hey guys,

How do i buy Bitcoin in USA with US dollar with less fees? Coinbase charges me foreign transaction fee as they are in UK.
Can you guys guide me?

Thanks a bunch
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:03:22 PM

Hey guys,

How do i buy Bitcoin in USA with US dollar with less fees? Coinbase charges me foreign transaction fee as they are in UK.
Can you guys guide me?

Thanks a bunch

Find a USA based exchange then. Gemini is one, or just find someone on local bitcoins totrade with. This forum also has a currency exchange board but only deal with trusted users or a trusted escrow or you'll very likely get scammed.
londonglory

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:07:13 PM

Localbitcoins is a good option for you. Or you could try:
c-cex.com
cex.io
bitpanda
livecoin
poloniex
lakeBTC
Gemini.com
kraken
bitstamp
bitfinex
iram701

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:09:39 PM

i think you should find trusted member that provide escrow if you want to buy bitcoin through forum member. or you may try localbitcoins, as it use many ways to accept payment. it will help you much, try to visit the site.

sann111 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

I have a bittex account, but i am not able to purchase with dollar, is there a way to do this?
btcmayumana

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:25:26 PM

Try searching at this link point https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0
Perhaps you can found that seller from USA region which can easily making trading with you
promat123

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:37:33 PM

LocalBitcoins, you just find best sellers there and buy Smiley
sann111 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:53:23 PM

Hey guys,

Can you guys guide me?

Thanks a bunch

Find a USA based exchange then. Gemini is one, or just find someone on local bitcoins totrade with. This forum also has a currency exchange board but only deal with trusted users or a trusted escrow or you'll very likely get scammed.

Thank you. After I use Gemini to buy the cryptocurrency, can i trade on gemini as well? Why do people use bittrex and other sites like that? Is there an advantage to that? Should I transfer my coins from gemini to other bittrex?

ALso i just noticed on Gemini you can only buy bitcoin, etherium. I want to buy the rest of the cryptocurrency, how do i do that?
Yalanx

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:59:30 PM

Local bitcoins and pay cash

almightylarvas

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:04:41 PM

any well known exchange that would let you pay with local currency to obtain bitcoin, also on this forum you will find people wanting to trade btc for stuff you might have
peopleupsetmeup

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:05:31 PM

I have a bittex account, but i am not able to purchase with dollar, is there a way to do this?

What about bitstamp , these are trusthowrty exchanger for BTC purchase since the first days,
engrawaz

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:08:25 PM

you can also use Gdax it is owned by coinbase but you would save alot $ in fees if you use it instead of coinbase.
sann111 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:14:36 PM

you can also use Gdax it is owned by coinbase but you would save alot $ in fees if you use it instead of coinbase.

But would I be able to only buy bitcoin, etherium and litecoin on Gdax or many more currencies? whats the difference between gdax and gemini? why people prefer one over another?

And these are just markets, am I right?

penetrak

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:18:12 PM

Try bitstamp.net, bittrex.com, poloniex.com or livecoin.net. Verified and reliable exchanges with USD deposit.
sann111 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:24:50 PM

Try bitstamp.net, bittrex.com, poloniex.com or livecoin.net. Verified and reliable exchanges with USD deposit.

These are markets right? I tried bittrex it doesnt accept dollar transfer. Where do i click.
engrawaz

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:32:15 PM

But would I be able to only buy bitcoin, etherium and litecoin on Gdax or many more currencies? whats the difference between gdax and gemini? why people prefer one over another?

And these are just markets, am I right?

Yes only those 3 currencies are available on Gdax as of now. But Gemini Doesn't offer Litecoin.
here is a comprehensive review on these two exchanges https://coincentral.com/gdax-vs-gemini/

If you are willing to get into other alt-coins, buy Bitcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin in one of those exchanges, then transfer them into binance or bittrex, they offer hundreds of alt-coins.
penetrak

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:38:54 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 10:52:29 PM by penetrak

These are markets right? I tried bittrex it doesnt accept dollar transfer. Where do i click.
There is a possibility but there is a high deposit. The minimum is 100K USD. You can still try bitstamp.net and deposit USD in small amounts.
Here's the bittrex link https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001293992-Purchase-USDT-via-Wire-Transfer
Or, see https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@jerrybanfield/8-digital-currency-exchanges-with-usd-to-bitcoin  Try to read and decide.

I do not have the exact experience with this Bittrex process because it's a pretty high amount. Bitstamp is very reliable and recommend, but it's up to you how you decide.
sann111 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:07:10 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 07:28:20 PM by sann111

What altcoins does Kraken, bitstamp and poloneix have? and what is their fee to deposit dollar and purchase with dollar?
ZeroDrifting

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:02:30 AM

The easiest way for you to purchase bitcoins is by buying an Itunes gift card, Use Paxful, they have 300+ ways to process a payment!

Here's the link: https://kb.paxful.com/knowledgebase/what-payment-methods-can-i-use-to-buy-bitcoin/
rphk

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:55:53 AM

you can by bitcoins by localbitcoins ,but need to have trusted seller , and other sites like bitfinex, bitstamp , polonix are the popular  sites to buy bitcoins by exchanging USD, you can also check on currency exchange topic in the bitcointalk forum ,there are more information available to buy bitcoins and exchanging currency. just check feedback from every one given and decide yourself the best one.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: