Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:22:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryto-mining from university hostel!!  (Read 123 times)
kartikeyat (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:13:01 PM

Hi guys,
How should I start mining crypto currencies? Right now I just own a macbook pro.
Since the fee is high and electricity is free I should totally be doing this!
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:00:06 PM

No you should not, not only will you only make pennies using your macbook you will also fry it rather quickly which will just ended up cost you a new laptop after a little while.  If you are going to mine invest in the proper equipment up front.  There is not get rich quick way to do it.  Please do not mine with your laptop.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:22:00 PM

As flip4flop mentioned, mining with your laptop is not going to provide for much revenue.

If you have a laptop with hardware that's capable of producing a remotely decent hashrate, and it's one you don't mind running into the ground as you peg it 24/7, then you may as well sell the laptop and put together a real rig, or buy coins to speculate with.

However, since you're in school, you probably need the laptop and don't want to run it into the ground.

Large-scale mining with free electricity at a university is a bad idea. However, you could probably get away with a normal desktop with 2-3 graphics cards inside (you could remove the side panel, but once you have risers going all over the place, it'd be harder to claim that your desktop is serving a "legitimate" purpose, in the eyes of your university).

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
ralukony

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:23:45 PM

this is a good one ..free electrycity from campus Smiley i need to become a student again

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: