Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase deposit with UK credit card  (Read 117 times)
Ringtoo (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:27:54 PM

Hi

Anyone knows,  if I deposit in Coinbase using my interest-free master credit card, will I have to pay any extra fee? Like cash withdrawal fee etc.? is it a good idea? Roll Eyes Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:40:30 PM

IT tells you exactly how much you will pay here: https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2109597-buy-sell-bank-transfer-fees

For the UK you will pay 3.99% on card deposits, then there are selling and withdrawing fees as well I believe.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:46:25 PM

There are fees at every step, but the main fees is the deposit fee if you use your credit card, depending on  your bank it should be something between 2 to 5% with a minimum I think, all the informations are on the coinbase website
Ringtoo (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:52:00 PM

There are fees at every step, but the main fees is the deposit fee if you use your credit card, depending on  your bank it should be something between 2 to 5% with a minimum I think, all the informations are on the coinbase website

I am aware of the coinbase's credit card deposit fee which is 3.99 %. But I am wondering about the creditcard fee. If I use my credit card to buy stuff, the credit card company doesn't charge anything, but if I want to withdraw money from credit card, then it charges a high-interest fee. So my question is if I use my credit card to deposit money in caoinbase  do I have to pay the credit card withdraw money fee?

many thanks  Undecided
Sutters Mill

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:55:14 PM

There are fees at every step, but the main fees is the deposit fee if you use your credit card, depending on  your bank it should be something between 2 to 5% with a minimum I think, all the informations are on the coinbase website

I am aware of the coinbase's credit card deposit fee which is 3.99 %. But I am wondering about the creditcard fee. If I use my credit card to buy stuff, the credit card company doesn't charge anything, but if I want to withdraw money from credit card, then it charges a high-interest fee. So my question is if I use my credit card to deposit money in caoinbase  do I have to pay the credit card withdraw money fee?

many thanks  Undecided

How can anyone possibly answer this question for you when we have no idea what card or bank you're using? Every bank will be different with many different accounts and fees as well so go ask them not us if you're so concerned about bank fees and stop being so godamn lazy  Roll Eyes.
Ringtoo (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:00:30 PM

There are fees at every step, but the main fees is the deposit fee if you use your credit card, depending on  your bank it should be something between 2 to 5% with a minimum I think, all the informations are on the coinbase website

I am aware of the coinbase's credit card deposit fee which is 3.99 %. But I am wondering about the creditcard fee. If I use my credit card to buy stuff, the credit card company doesn't charge anything, but if I want to withdraw money from credit card, then it charges a high-interest fee. So my question is if I use my credit card to deposit money in caoinbase  do I have to pay the credit card withdraw money fee?

many thanks  Undecided

How can anyone possibly answer this question for you when we have no idea what card or bank you're using? Every bank will be different with many different accounts and fees as well so go ask them not us if you're so concerned about bank fees and stop being so godamn lazy  Roll Eyes.

I have to wait until Monday for this .lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin      lazy
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:03:08 PM

I am aware of the coinbase's credit card deposit fee which is 3.99 %. But I am wondering about the creditcard fee. If I use my credit card to buy stuff, the credit card company doesn't charge anything, but if I want to withdraw money from credit card, then it charges a high-interest fee. So my question is if I use my credit card to deposit money in caoinbase  do I have to pay the credit card withdraw money fee?

many thanks  Undecided

Depends on your credit card company ToS.

I have one credit card that refuses purchases at Coinbase.com ,while my two other cards work completely fine.
However I'm sure most credit card companies will consider this type of purchase as "standard digital goods" purchase, hence no money withdrawal fee.
Sutters Mill

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:06:51 PM

many thanks  Undecided

I have to wait until Monday for this .lol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin      lazy

Can't you call them or speak to them online? If you're worried about fees though I would leave credit cards well enough alone.
Ringtoo (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:03:21 PM

many thanks  Undecided

Depends on your credit card company ToS.

I have one credit card that refuses purchases at Coinbase.com ,while my two other cards work completely fine.
However I'm sure most credit card companies will consider this type of purchase as "standard digital goods" purchase, hence no money withdrawal fee.

oh, that what I want to hear. ...because I don't mind coinbase charges 4% because I probably will make that money there. but if credit card company also charge it probably not worth it.
MR2O4

Activity: 76
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:05:30 PM

I didn't get charged any extra on my MBNA credit card.

lakisc

Activity: 174
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:10:38 PM

I got charged with visa 5%
Ringtoo (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:01:10 AM

I got charged with visa 5%

its a huge one. which card is it?
lakisc

Activity: 174
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:54:12 PM

not uk, but the problem is that when i want to transfer bitcoin it wants a miner fee of 15 pounds!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: