Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aren't ICOs driven by racism?  (Read 82 times)
bountyjunkie (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:10:50 PM

I say so because I hear and see that ICOs with white team members and white advisors seem to have better trust than say a full black or brown team.

I have not  seen a single successful ICO with a full black or brown team though there are many with white teams. Forgive me if I'm wrong, in fact I want to be proven wrong.

MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:29:08 PM

I say so because I hear and see that ICOs with white team members and white advisors seem to have better trust than say a full black or brown team.

I have not  seen a single successful ICO with a full black or brown team though there are many with white teams. Forgive me if I'm wrong, in fact I want to be proven wrong.
Sadly what you said is kind of true . But the problem is not that people are generally racist ,but they would prefer a white team because they seem more trust worthy . The reason being is that the bad reputation that most of the soth asians or africans got is due to the big numbers of scammers . I mean lets be truthful here ,the majority of the scammers we come across are either from poor asian countries or africans.I'm not saying that white people can't scam you but we just see and hear about that stereotype of scammers more often. Me personally i would read and eveluate the project on its goal,how they are going to acheive it,If the team is knowledgable and knows what they are doing .Everything but race.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:29:08 PM

Really? Does race really matter? Equality of gender? What matters is talent, entrepreneurship. You could say that the world is racist because there are more world leaders from one race than from others. I could argue that asia is racist because there are more asians than white people? Does not make sense.
bountyjunkie (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:27:45 AM

Sadly what you said is kind of true . But the problem is not that people are generally racist ,but they would prefer a white team because they seem more trust worthy . The reason being is that the bad reputation that most of the soth asians or africans got is due to the big numbers of scammers . I mean lets be truthful here ,the majority of the scammers we come across are either from poor asian countries or africans.I'm not saying that white people can't scam you but we just see and hear about that stereotype of scammers more often. Me personally i would read and eveluate the project on its goal,how they are going to acheive it,If the team is knowledgable and knows what they are doing .Everything but race.

Reputation - yes that makes sense mate. Completely agree but unfortunately that would mean you must have white team members to be trustworthy. Which means however honest and talented  you are, with a colored team you have got an unfair struggle.

Blockchain is all about being Trustless, ICOs are all about being Trustworthy. An irony of sort.

bountyjunkie (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:33:48 AM

Really? Does race really matter? Equality of gender? What matters is talent, entrepreneurship. You could say that the world is racist because there are more world leaders from one race than from others. I could argue that asia is racist because there are more asians than white people? Does not make sense.

I get your point. All I mean is it looks like so and I will be glad to be proven wrong.

According to a report 47%% ICO funds went to Europe, 28% to North America - http://fortune.com/2017/11/30/ico-initial-coin-offering-bitcoin-europe/

Don't you think Africa and Asia should get counted as well?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: