Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1080 ti's, Winminer and Awesome Miner/MPH  (Read 212 times)
modestminer (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:31:08 PM

So I just upgraded my rx480s to 1080 ti, and have some questions.

First; Winminer wont seem to run the Lyra miner. No matter how many time I benchmark, or even manually select that miner, it refuses to use it. Frustrating, as that seems to me the most profitable algo according to Whattomine.

Second: Since it wont use the Lyra miner, Zen seems the next most profitable currently. When comparing the results of Zen in Winminer against Awesome Miner/MPH, Winminer reports $3.90-ish usd per card, while MPH says I'm getting around 5.75-ish usd per card. Hash rates were nearly identical.

Id heard rumors that Winminer wasn't reporting the full production, and really hoped that wasn't the case.

These results, although anecdotal, are not reassuring.

Neo-Geo

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 12:16:21 AM

Why use Winminer if you're setup with AM + MPH? When NH closed, I used Winminer for a day and mined ZEN for stability/reliability. Love their flexible payment system, but not their fees. Earnings were about 50% < NH. Been using AM w/ (MPH + zpool + hash refinery) for past 10 days and profits are consistently > NH was.
leojoyms

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:50:03 AM

use sniffdogminer 3.0.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:58:58 AM

You will benefit from this? How much did you pay for the 1080 TI? It is beneficial? Now the price of the GPU is very high. The manufacturer doesn't want to announce recommended price for dealers because the real prices are much higher. I don't see any reason to buy a new GPU in terms of speculative demand.
zimmix

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:20:36 PM

I guess it will all depends on where you live. For example, here where I live GPUs were always overpriced, as expected because of high taxes, but while the price is rising outside my country, here the prices are more or less the same as it was a year ago, it means that the profit almost doubled compared to the past few months.

Mining have it's pros and cons, but IMO mostly of the pros comes to those that benefits from currency parity value: your country's currency x USD for example. If the rate is good the profit will usually surplus the cons, but if you live in a USD-based country or similar in price, the real income will occur only with high investments, I will put down a few numbers.

Imagine 3x 1080 Ti rig, right now it gives you $6/day per card average before electricity cost (at least I'm earning it), it gives you $18/day total and $540/mo total. With $540 you can pay some bills at an average place, yes, but you have to consider the electricity bill as well, so you will have in the end +- $430 to $450, with this you can pay some other stuff but usually not even rent plus house bills. If you convert it to BRL, then you have R$1530, enough to pay for all bills if you live on an average place. The same goes if you live in places like Venezuela, China, and so on.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 02:13:52 PM

Why u cant take normal pool nearest to your location for good ping, with top hash power and take its miner? This is not very hard. Programs like minergate and others take a very big part of your income for nothing. It will take no more than hour to understand how to handle with miner.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: