Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Term Investment  (Read 1503 times)
NUP (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:10:49 PM

Hey all,

Been investing in crypto for the last few months as well as trying to learn more about it. Initially downloaded Coinbase and deposited $1000 (50% - ETH, 35% BTC and 15% LTC). Since the initial investment I've been topping up each crypto depending on the market conditions (usually between $25 to $150).

Just wanted a little advice on whether it's better to carry on with this strategy and concentrating on these 3 cryptos for long term profit (1-5 years) or would it be advisable to increase the number of alts I have in my portfolio. Was looking at DASH, Ripple, Cardano, Monero, Stellar, NEO, Siacoin and OmiseGO.

Any advise is welcome  Smiley
Dowmah

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:19:59 PM

On the subject to minimize risks by spliting ones investment the best number is about 30.
That is saying that the risks are not correlated (have relation or connection). In general if you split it you will minimize the total risk.

With that said, I would invest in more cryptos BUT all investments need to be carefully studied and analyized otherwise you are blindly picking.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:26:54 PM

Hey all,

Been investing in crypto for the last few months as well as trying to learn more about it. Initially downloaded Coinbase and deposited $1000 (50% - ETH, 35% BTC and 15% LTC). Since the initial investment I've been topping up each crypto depending on the market conditions (usually between $25 to $150).

Just wanted a little advice on whether it's better to carry on with this strategy and concentrating on these 3 cryptos for long term profit (1-5 years) or would it be advisable to increase the number of alts I have in my portfolio. Was looking at DASH, Ripple, Cardano, Monero, Stellar, NEO, Siacoin and OmiseGO.

I think all of the main bitcoin competitors will be huge in 1-5 years. I can;t tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I'm doing: 40% in BTC, 60% in alts. Alts distribution: 25% ETH, 25% LTC and then 5-10 coins by 5-10%, depending of current value and coin swaps.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 08:48:22 PM

You may want to put something on xrp as well beside the obvious btc eth (even etc ltc imo are good)
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:03:33 PM

If you can wait for a few months then invest in the new high potential tokens like powr, evx, amb, cob, astro and cnd etc.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:06:47 PM

Hey all,

You are Setting you numbers right in here . Those 3 coins are the only coins worth investing in right now and weither LTC survive or not you will absolutly make profite with BTC and ETH . They are both widely used as a payment method ,If they crash all the other cryptos are going to crash for sure .So BTC and ETH are the heart of cryptocurrency just be patient on your investment and don't cash out that often.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:07:42 PM

U have ready a lot of altcoins with good project and still their price is too low, for example Komodo, Ark, Pivx also Verge but in this week Verge had very big pump but for long term u can invest to them.
integrap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:08:31 PM

For long term invesment I think you should put %50 of your money to bitcoin. Because bitcoin keeps going up and up. And you should put other %50 of your money to altcoins such as ethereum, litecoin, waves, dash or any other. I put all my money to altcoins when bitcoin was going down but 1 month later I realized that if I would put only to bitcoin I would earn much more. For short term you can try altcoins.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:10:12 PM

Hey all,

What I noticed is you put even more with ETH rather than bitcoin but if I were you, I'll put more capital with bitcoin and if possible more than ETH. If you'll just buy and hold with the three coins that you prefer to hold for 5 years then just stick to it while those other coins that you are getting interest of are good coins too, you can do the same strategy with what you are doing with the three ones. Diversifying your investment is a good one and you seem to have a good potential portfolio. I can't say a thing anymore, I think you know what you are doing.
Xie89

Activity: 229

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:14:59 PM

For starters, I think you have excellent choices there with your alts that you would invest in, if you would choose to do so.

I'd choose for example two of them (my top choices would be Ripple and Stellar, because the are still low priced and have huge potential) and expand your portfolio, just to diversify a bit. If one goes down, you always have backup.

On the other hand, I wouldn't do all of them. I have about 11 different altcoins now and I notice it becomes too much to all follow closely (I can almost hear people laughing now  Grin) if you  don't want to put too much time in it. Therefor, I'm looking to make my portfolio smaller.
xpashtetx

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:25:36 PM

I would not go too far from Bitcoin, it still shows its power, and can easily reach the moon, so I would advise you to keep 50% -60% in the BTC, and the rest is already on the situation
USScrypto

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:27:52 PM

For long term Komodo looking very good because of project and very low price for this kind of project I think 2018 will be year of Komodo. Also ARK is coin with bright future and Syscoin with good project.
TwoSides

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:31:30 PM

I've read somewhere that ADA is a promising coin. I haven't research well about it but you might want to consider it.

You've got good altcoins on your list and if I were to make a top 10 I will surely include those ones. Diversifying those coins is also a good technique in my opinion so if worst came to worst, all your eggs are not on the same basket. I'd make BTC on top though as it is the father of all coins and still promising when it comes to its price.
drakegon

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:31:38 PM

Hey all,

So far I didn't give much attention to the big guys (BTC, ETH, XRP). I focused on the risky little ones (30 millions USD market cap). I must say, I had some lucky shots, but, above all, pretty much anything is lucky as all coins go up together. Smiley
blankledger

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:33:32 PM

Hey all,

You have a good portion of portfolio. Better  to add Monero 10%   and NEO 10% and lessen your Ethereum to 30%.  Bitcoin must always have a bigger portion in your pie. In my portfolio I have 50% bitcoin and half of it are altcoins.
pressureonme

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:33:51 PM

Hey all,

Most of the counted ones in above are good ones to buy in long run. But the problem is that you can have limited profit from them. The best is to get potential 5x 10x ones, which are found hard.
membis

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:45:39 PM

Tron is with very good project this coin will have very bright future, also Verge have very promising project with Komodo also Syscoin have great project for future.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:53:37 PM

I recommend to see on Aion and Enigma. My opinion that those projects will develop and get much profit on long-term in 1-2 years horizon. You must see on technology  or platform but not highly specialized coins. Try to get more info about
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:21:27 PM

Hey all,

Why you put some beginner amount on ETH while bitcoin only 35%, i think most profitable is bitcoin when you wan't holding in long term than altcoins.
Bitcoin has a big potential to earned you more when it comes of investment in long term compared that altcoins.
Don't focus on altcoins they have more risky to the investors less risk is bitcoin ever.
Just add on you portfolio for long term investment WAVE.
MP4

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:23:08 PM

Long term investment make you all top 20 cryptocurrencies. Decide wheter is good and bad for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: