Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:02:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Term Investment  (Read 1503 times)
enes2

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:14:50 AM

I think your strategy is definetly correct. As you say you did a long term investment and the possibility of making profit from your portfolio is very very high.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:22:47 AM

Unfortunately, we have lost sight of the fact that the main purpose of cryptocurrencies is to provide a more practical, efficient and reliable monetary alternative than fiat money, and today they have only become speculative investment schemes without practical use. Therefore I am not very supportive of long-term investments in cryptocurrencies, they are a bubble that is about to burst, a trending business that will soon be displaced by another business model where everyone will want to move their money.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:55:08 AM

Hey all,

Been investing in crypto for the last few months as well as trying to learn more about it. Initially downloaded Coinbase and deposited $1000 (50% - ETH, 35% BTC and 15% LTC). Since the initial investment I've been topping up each crypto depending on the market conditions (usually between $25 to $150).

Just wanted a little advice on whether it's better to carry on with this strategy and concentrating on these 3 cryptos for long term profit (1-5 years) or would it be advisable to increase the number of alts I have in my portfolio. Was looking at DASH, Ripple, Cardano, Monero, Stellar, NEO, Siacoin and OmiseGO.

Any advise is welcome  Smiley
Just keep it up and maybe add some investments later and keep it growing until your content or satisfy with your profits on hand. And maybe put up some additionals to Btc and keep it as a priority coin for you.
allowance1219

Activity: 134
Merit: 106

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:02:02 AM

I would like to join in some signature bounties and get some free coins as my long term investment, since I do not put in any money and the tokens will be not much, so I think it is suitable for long term investment.

arakosta

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:05:36 AM

Long term investment I would focus on altcoins if I were you.
Tron, XRB, ADA, NEO are all good choices, but in the end you must do your own research and come up with a good portofolio that suits you.

pikecara

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:06:08 AM

Ripple and SIA may be the choice of value when talking about long term investment. Behind them are projects which can get really massive if adopted by the audience these are meant to. You did a good coin selection, if you really believe in the projects invest and hold.
Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:14:54 AM

You have a good strategy for real, long term investing, but I would advice to add small amounts of risky coins from ICOs, they can grow much more than BTC or ETH. Here is my advice from another topic:
Rule of thumb, compose your portfolio of low-risk cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, others from top 10), moderate risk (solid projects after ICOs with working products) and high-risk (ICOs, pre-sales, etc). The key to strategy is distribution of your funds between these three classes in accordance with your strategy. It may be conservative, like 50/40/10, or risky like 33/33/33, maybe even 0/0/100. To avoid losing money, don't trade actively. Buy and hold for at least few months and don't read any news. And try to buy after price drops. Simple, but hard to follow.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:18:24 AM

As i look in the crypto currencies this time, only Cardano and Ripple from the top 10 crypto currencies in terms of market cap are still pumping while the rest turned red in color in the last 24h Change column. I will invest on these 2 cryptos with the same amount of money to pour in respectively while they are still cheap because i believe in the potential of these 2 cryptos.

hah

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:20:30 AM

Bitcoin, ethereum, monero are my picks they all do something different to eachother and both got great devs with their own niche markets.

TalkToomuch

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:26:47 AM

Hey all,

Been investing in crypto for the last few months as well as trying to learn more about it. Initially downloaded Coinbase and deposited $1000 (50% - ETH, 35% BTC and 15% LTC). Since the initial investment I've been topping up each crypto depending on the market conditions (usually between $25 to $150).

Just wanted a little advice on whether it's better to carry on with this strategy and concentrating on these 3 cryptos for long term profit (1-5 years) or would it be advisable to increase the number of alts I have in my portfolio. Was looking at DASH, Ripple, Cardano, Monero, Stellar, NEO, Siacoin and OmiseGO.

diversifying your portfolio is always a good idea. If you buy 10 different coins of projects you believe in, there might be one which will be the next facebook or amazon in between. just my 2 satoshis
iamMhew

Activity: 688

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:30:53 AM

Hey all,

it is up to you if you want an additional cryptos in your portfolio, those 3 altcoin you been choose to invest for a long term are good altcoin, and no doubt that after 5 years from now, those 3 altcoins you have are pump and become more profitable. and the other altcoins you want to add are a good altcoin too. many of us are not just investing on some good/popular altcoin but we are trying to choose more than that we knew that those alts can be survive for 2-3 year for more better profits.
rynah011991

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:36:50 AM

If you are aiming for bigger profit, you need to focus on long term investment. You need to have patience on waiting so that after many months you can gain what you want.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:10:29 AM

Hey all,

Well I really like your plan. I am sure your portfolio is quite up now. Also what I like is that this is one of the least riskiest portfolio. Patience is the virtue and I am sure you will do really well in the future based on this plan alone.

However I would still suggest to add couple other coins with different use case than these three.
greg458

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:13:12 AM

Hey all,

i think rdd, ltc, solaris, xrp good for long term
shiningstar

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:18:22 AM

I think your choice of investment already good and i don't have any problem with the split, i don't like buying too many coins with only $25 worth of amount because it's too little, so u suggest a minimum of $100 each coin if you want to add something into your portfolio. Your choice is solid, keep holding at least until next year.

Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:20:32 AM

I think your strategy is definetly correct. As you say you did a long term investment and the possibility of making profit from your portfolio is very very high.
Yes, I also think his investment strategy is reasonable. If you are investing in some ICO projects, the earnings will be substantial in a few years.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
mrproblem

Merit: 24

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:24:35 AM

For one year but XRP and XMR to your list. Especially XMR and its family will be most wanted in exchanges
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:30:05 AM

Hey all,

Any advise is welcome  Smiley

For long-term strategy, you have chosen the correct coin. I would advise you to switch the ETH and BTC position though. You should invest the most in BTC, like 50% or 60%. But overall I agree with your choices, BTC LTC and ETH. The latter coin that you mentioned wouldn't be suitable for long-term holding. They're great too, don't get me wrong, but they will work best in shorter-term IMO. Buy those coin now and see 6-12 months from now, you should already get a considerable profit from those coins. Waiting too long on these coins might not be the best strategy. Also, if I may add my choice of alts for short-term hold: VEN, ELF, and MSP. You can thank me later Wink
maydna

Activity: 2982
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:30:19 AM

Bitcoin, ethereum, monero are my picks they all do something different to eachother and both got great devs with their own niche markets.

I still hold my bitcoin, ethereum and monero for a long term investment because I know if I can hold it, in the future, I can make a huge profit especially today the price is not yet increased too high. besides that coin, I have another coin that I think could help me to gain more profit and I still buy the coins if the price is down. I have my patient to waiting the time is come and I don't have to be panic when I see the price is down and this is just my chance to buy more amount.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Butchick

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:31:04 AM

your portfolio actually looks good but diversifying it more is better since it will increase your chances of gaining some profit especially that you are planning a long term investment. Ripple and monero are good coins to invest in especially long term and i got an addition to that which is avt. Its a new coin but its  progress is astonishing and i see some potential in this project. However, last pick is on you so better choose wisely.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: