Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:17:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What can I do to get an email before launch of a new coin?  (Read 387 times)
jasontaylor7 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:53:27 PM

Is there something better than just logging in here and finding 300 posts of a coin that is already being mined by everyone?  By the time I learned about primecoin it was already being mined by the nsa computers with a difficulty in the stratosphere.
HollowIP

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 12:55:41 PM

Try a different website such as https://cryptocointalk.com/

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
Max Guevara

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Quark developer

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:42:54 PM

Is there something better than just logging in here and finding 300 posts of a coin that is already being mined by everyone?  By the time I learned about primecoin it was already being mined by the nsa computers with a difficulty in the stratosphere.

Check the alt coin forum in about an hour or two  Wink
Martel

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:14:22 PM

By the time I learned about primecoin it was already being mined by the nsa computers with a difficulty in the stratosphere.
It is likely the scenario you described plays over and over again. This is because those who establish a new coin, have a strong financial interest to fill their own pockets first. Whoever jumps on the mining bandwagon first, gets the easiest ride. Only later, when the easy mining is gone, it pays to spread the message.
chuhuue

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

I advise checking out altcointalk.co.uk. Also, a lot of devs make prerelease threads for their coins so make sure and keep an eye out for those
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: