Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A crazy day! Who can explain?  (Read 711 times)
ariosky (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:22:40 PM

BTC jump From $17400 to $19300. Almost $2000 a day. Too crazy to catch it.
Is it a work of the Wall Street? Any correction expected?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
annoying_tiger1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:26:38 PM

its all on trading volumes https://data.bitcoinity.org/markets/price_volume/30d/USD?t=lb&vu=curr
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:30:30 PM

No, it is just FOMO, no one wants to stay out from this incredible opportunity to earn easy money, that is why "everybody" is trying to join as fast as they can.

And the CME futures are coming by monday, that is why there is + volume than usual.

But yes $2000 is nothing compared to how it growth during the last week (from $12000 to $16000 in a day and a half)

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
DontDoItUs

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:35:04 PM

Probably this is caused due to the amount of people using bitcoins for transactions, more holders and traders.
The current hype is amazing.
eth9888

Activity: 291
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:37:49 PM

Not so crazy... it's just a little more than 10%. BTC has done 20% move in one day before..... as the nominal value of BTC becomes larger, the absolute dollar movement will be bigger too.

player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:49:31 PM

No, it is just FOMO, no one wants to stay out from this incredible opportunity to earn easy money, that is why "everybody" is trying to join as fast as they can.

And the CME futures are coming by monday, that is why there is + volume than usual.

But yes $2000 is nothing compared to how it growth during the last week (from $12000 to $16000 in a day and a half)

Yup, this is essentially the same reason I've seen people follow for the past few weeks as well. I live in a pretty populous area, and the buzz has been going crazy just about the bitcoin rises. People are trying to hop on the train asap. This creates demand for the coin, which drives the price up as people are willing to pay higher and higher amounts for the coin itself. Now, this is leading into a bubble, and we may see another little burst, but it seems like for the most part that bitcoin is always able to get back on its feet very quickly. This will probably start being tested soon.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:51:37 PM

The price is only going up because of the next futures, nothing more.

There is a lot of volume on the whole market because of this, everybody is moving their alt's money to bitcoin to make more profit than before, they do not want to miss the train.

This is a simple explain of why it has been going up, but seriously, 2000 dollars in a day is insane.
dominikas18

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:00:45 AM

Yup, this is essentially the same reason I've seen people follow for the past few weeks as well. I live in a pretty populous area, and the buzz has been going crazy just about the bitcoin rises. People are trying to hop on the train asap. This creates demand for the coin, which drives the price up as people are willing to pay higher and higher amounts for the coin itself. Now, this is leading into a bubble, and we may see another little burst, but it seems like for the most part that bitcoin is always able to get back on its feet very quickly. This will probably start being tested soon.
I guess the correction will happen after the NY.
Take into account that there is an example of CBOE futures launch on 10th December, when Bitcoin made one of the largest growth in % in 5 minutes time, I think the same will happen upon CME launch. I have a quick video proving my point, would be glad to hear your feedback:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsR9N-TDBWM

Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:08:27 AM

The simple explanation because people who use bitcoin nowdays grow very high more than we think.
It makes bitcoin climb very fast in a day. And after climb correction is undenable.
cryptoblackhat

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:15:18 AM

Like @eth9888 was pointing out, I think a lot of the time people overreact to the rise in Bitcoin price by looking at the absolute increase, instead of the percentage.

Both ETH and LTC have had dramatic increases in price recently, but there wasn't so much hype partly because it made the difference between say $500 and $700, which seems less impressive than $15,000 to $17,000.

As a percentage though, the recent price activity for Bitcoin hasn't been so unusual.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:20:57 AM

So the bubble has burst and is being blown up again.
bitcoin has gone from the FUD rusulting in the fall last week to the FOMO helping the price rise.
bitcoins price is almost up to the price it was at last week.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
qq1041414104

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:58:26 AM

The rate of increase is indeed alarming, I hope this is not a bad phenomenon. Many people want BTC to rise rapidly while worrying about the negative effects of the rise. I am not a person who knows BTC very well, but I still have confidence in it and I hope it will get better and better!
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:19:24 AM

This is the time when in our trust in btc will be tested because of this sudden increase value of btc in such a short period of time. Many are afraid because of this thing called bubble. Many people also are now in a state of decision whether to sell or hold their btc but if I where to decide I will still hold btc because I know this is not yet the real value.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:43:26 AM

Well it's a crazy too to some alts skyrocketed high like bitcoin just like DigiBytes (DGB) it went out to almost a 120% increase in just 4 hours in this day. I don't know how could it last long for it's hype bit I guess it would be over. What I am waiting this time is LTC, DASH, XRP, XMR and ETH to light up on its price. If ever Bitcoin slow down its surge then altcoins will be in the run too, so don't miss this rally and buy some dip right now.
ariosky (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:45:00 AM

This is the time when in our trust in btc will be tested because of this sudden increase value of btc in such a short period of time. Many are afraid because of this thing called bubble. Many people also are now in a state of decision whether to sell or hold their btc but if I where to decide I will still hold btc because I know this is not yet the real value.

I guess I will see you on the moon.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:47:57 AM

A common day for me.
I sell some Bitcoin.
I ll keep some.

I like it
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:51:12 AM

I would expect a correction at any point. We just rose over 10% in one day so a 30% dip is most likely just around the corner. I hope it's not, but it's usually the case when you keep seeing so many huge rises.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:02:06 AM

Some investors are already have a mind set that they will only pour their investment in bitcoin because they fully trust the yield and efficiency outcome until now that inspite of many bombardment and attacks against bitcoin to full it down the result are all failures that instead the price boom high in which it attracts more investors as the result.
mainta

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:04:09 AM

i sold at 17950  Sad
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:59:40 AM

Yeah the reason is that CME is listing bitcoin futures today? Markets are highly volatile and this is not the first time that the price has increased more than 2000$ in a day. Get used to it, people are starting to get familiar with bitcoin and hence that should clearly explain everything. Economically I don't know exactly how is it going to work out but let's just go with the flow right now and not worry much.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: