Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:26:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does bitcoin crash occasionally?  (Read 742 times)
patispace

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:55:49 PM

I believe that there are no "occasional crashes". What has been observed are the natural oscillations that can be observed in most markets, although this seems to be maximized in the price of bitcoin given the volatile nature of this emerging market. But I have no doubt that in 2018 the bitcoin market will reach a greater degree of consolidation and we will see a price much less volatile.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Just John

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:18:16 PM

Bitcoin crashes because that is what happens in a market that is this volatile. Bitcoin has never had a stable price which means prices can sway either way and can actually go very low just like the prices can also go very high, all it takes is time.

☁ CRYPTO MARKET CLOUD ☁
【THE FIRST AND ONLY SELF CONTAINED ECO-SYSTEM】 (https://cryptomarketcloud.com/)
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:38:56 PM

Usually crashes are the result of manipulation and market being tired of going up. People are starting to have second thoughts and are prone to selling. If at the same time somebody spreads fake news like the one about Korea banning Bitcoin you got yourself a huge selloff.

I strongly agree on your opinion that, usually crashes are the result of manipulation and market being tired of going up. And people are starting to have second thoughts and are prone to selling. And adding also my opinion that, the bitcoin price sometimes goes down quickly because too many people want to sell at the same time, they do that when they are driven by fear. In addition, recently bitcoins prices increased a lot in very small period of time within 1 year bitcoins prices went from $900 to almost $20k so this drop in price was merely because of correction of the bitcoins price. On the otherhand, Bitcoin is still a new product which is still unregulated in some parts of the world and if it is to be used by people without fear we need regulations but the problem is if the people in charge of putting these financial rules.
keywordsbadge

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:48:49 AM

I knew that the price is going to fluctuate as the end of 2017 was too stable to be annoyed
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:08:15 AM

Weak hands. There were too many of them, and when the planned dump went, they just started to jump out of the market, afraid to lose the last. In general, cryptorines are not about technical analysis and not about short-term inputs: one simply believes in it, but one believes in the head, understanding technology.
BETAWI

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:16:10 AM

Looking at the price drop sharply or price crash, I would like to say that it is mainly affected by bad news and high volume of sales for profit taking. On December 2017 to January 2018 we could see that price drop was affected by great sales of bitcoin from btc holders  whether to take profit  or just to cash their bitcoin for end year to new year party. Besides that bitcoin price will fall down when bad news are suddenly announced that may come from governments banning bitcoin or from social media. As bitcoin lovers or bitcoin holders we should consider it as a normal circle and don't be panic.
mi56374100

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:22:19 AM

The price of bitcoin sometimes drops rapidly because too many people want to sell it at the same time. That's because some bitcoin speculators are panicking when they hear or see some negative news about bitcoin.

The price of bitcoins tends to recover in a few months, so I think bitcoin is a long-term investment.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:32:09 AM

Bitcoin crash occasionally I think because bitcoin is volatile and no fix value so this is normal to crypto, we expect this to happen anyway so we must hold our bitcoin during the down or buy it and sell when it rise.
rye18

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:14:35 AM

So, as many of you are painfully aware, bitcoin crashed around 30% over a couple of days, reportedly due to regulatory pressures in Asia, and a potential ban in China due to energy wastage and tax evasion risks etc. Reports suggest that China contributes as much as 70% of the worldwide hashing power, and yet we only saw a 30% drop.

Source: Report: PBoC Quashes Bitcoin Mining Ban Rumor in China

Furthermore, we saw 30%+ drops in other cryptos, even unminable, non-decentralized ones. So, conspiracy theorists, why do you think bitcoin really suffers these sporadic crashes, could it be large-scale market manipulation? Or is it simply FUD leading to a wide-spread panic selling?
sometimes bitcoin crashes because investors pull out and trying to trade to some new coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: