Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be a programmer or gain bitcoin?  (Read 331 times)
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:27:36 PM

Why not both? You can be a programmer to gain more Bitcoin as your salary. For example, a programmer to create website or maybe detect some bug and get Bitcoin as salary

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:42:36 PM

Be a programmer then invest in bitcoin with your salary. Being a trader is hard work and takes a lot of your time especially if you are a day trader. With a regular job, you can just invest money and hold while having s steady income.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
samimot

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:43:32 AM

for me its both because be a programmer you can earn money and be a programmer you can earn bitcoin then you can exchange it in $ or php
snowwyjonny

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:24:09 AM

In my own opinion, doing both is not impossible. Programming while investing in bitcoin could earn you much more profit by just choosing one. But why take a job if you can earn profit with just an internet connection and laptop? Well this is just my opinion. But I would like to do both. Smiley
elfoldo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:30:06 PM

And what prevents to be a programmer and invest in bitcoin? You work, you get money every month, put some money into investments each month. As a result, you live without risk and with the chance to go to a big plus for a certain time.
Luke101

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:35:41 PM

you can do both, learn while working on bitcoin as proggrammer and earn bitcoin when your are out of the office.
Option 3.....
Good Luck!!!
MarkusIsaiah

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:35:50 PM

In my opinion, I will choose being a programmer because it is an active income. I know programmer have a high salary. but if you can do both do it both use your salary to invest bitcoin. you can earn more if you do it both.
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

What is more efficient? Be a programmer than gives you huge salaries for every project and codes? Or a Bitcoin trader, earner, etc.?
I suggest you take a look at quantitative trading and high-frequency trading, and in cryptocurrency markets, these two skills are fairly lucrative.

Bonakid

Merit: 121

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:43:40 PM

What is more efficient? Be a programmer than gives you huge salaries for every project and codes? Or a Bitcoin trader, earner, etc.?
Both of them can give us huge salaries.Being a programmer is a good work ,we can earn monthly by huge salaries but we need to study and learn the skills for being a programmer,more things to know about this work.Being a trader or a bitcoiner can gives us also a profit to work on it and invest on it,we can earn here a lot of profit but we need to wait patiently for the increasing price value.Both of them are worth in earning money we need to use it in a wise and manage idea,,its hard to earn money now in every salary we have use it in worth way for not loosing it all.
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:44:21 PM

Well lets's say you taught yourself calculus when your were 8 years of age, and wrote a compiler at 16, and then went to U, and studied advanced math for 4+ years, U may become a 'programmer'

Look at BUTERIN of Ethereum, wrote ETH at 19 years, of age, won programming game contests at 14 years of age,

If your not a child prodigy by the time you were 14 years old, and certainly not an expert at math, or you didn't try to learn calculus on your own at 12, you have a snow ball in hell's chance of ever become a 'programmer'

There is simply too much to learn, especially the block-chain biz here cryptography at master-level math, bitcoin written in C++, obscure at that all the most arcane data structures to be found, this is an old programmers game, or a genius like Buterin

IMHO the majority of so called 'programmers' here at best might be running miners, or compiling software downloaded on github, but they're not programmers.

BITCOIN is combo of TOR, and TORRENT, and Discrete-MATH, and ETHERNET, and WEB, and database,  it pretty much brings in all of computer science, I couldn't imagine someone without 10+ years on COMP-SCI being able to seriously grasp this shit.

Again, none of this is a problem if your 16 years old, and you already wrote your own C++ compiler in GO, without anybody's help, including all the code generation, I think it only took Stallman about 20 years to write GCC/C++, and he too is/was a genius

Yes, to answer your question if you were a programmer, you could 'clone' your own BTC and hype it and get rich, if you buy this shit, you will most likely end up a pauper.

Most ppl have a skill, its best they focus on their own skill, and intelligently invest their money, the number of ppl who get rich in BTC is a joke, most of the rich are ppl who were here in 2011 and got their coin for free, the ppl day-trading the majority here you see on this forum, are never going to make more money than a guy with a paper route.

The problem with BITCOIN is that its way beyond the shoeshine boy stage, now every moron on earth thinks he get rich on the bitcoin wave, and this always ends badly for all.
GothicTauren48

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:46:11 PM

You can still be a programmer while investing on bitcoin. Although its not a good idea to do both since you are referring to trading. I guess it still could work if the salary you will get as a programmer will be used on investing bitcoin.
paolo099

Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:49:44 PM

both, like for us grumpy old men with a stable job/income, nothing is blocking us to work and invest/buy/trade into crypto and i'm fairly sure, unless you hold tons of coins, none want to leave a stable income to jump into crypto both feets.
It's essential to have money to live and if you are asking yourself what to do, you definitely need to work to get money so my advice as old men is to do both.
rvrl_23

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:51:25 PM

I'm both actually  Grin I study BS Computer Science I have a fair knowledge in VB.net, Java, HTML,CSS,Java Script and C++ and now I'm trying to learn things about bitcoins, because I though that, it would be an awesome par-time job, while I'm finishing my studies.
Avispeat

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:55:29 PM

Why don't do both?

Programer by day and trader by night.

Fun a side trading might be easier in a sense that you will just learn trading. With programing you have to try and stay on top by learning new things technologies and programming languages. Both require time to gain decant skill and both are worth it.

As some mentioned previously in this thread programming "stable" income, and trading is "risk" income although when note risk is involved you could earn more money. If money is what you are after I'd say trading, but listen to your gut rather than opinion of others.
rvrl_23

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:55:52 PM

Well lets's say you taught yourself calculus when your were 8 years of age, and wrote a compiler at 16, and then went to U, and studied advanced math for 4+ years, U may become a 'programmer'

Look at BUTERIN of Ethereum, wrote ETH at 19 years, of age, won programming game contests at 14 years of age,

If your not a child prodigy by the time you were 14 years old, and certainly not an expert at math, or you didn't try to learn calculus on your own at 12, you have a snow ball in hell's chance of ever become a 'programmer'

There is simply too much to learn, especially the block-chain biz here cryptography at master-level math, bitcoin written in C++, obscure at that all the most arcane data structures to be found, this is an old programmers game, or a genius like Buterin

IMHO the majority of so called 'programmers' here at best might be running miners, or compiling software downloaded on github, but they're not programmers.

BITCOIN is combo of TOR, and TORRENT, and Discrete-MATH, and ETHERNET, and WEB, and database,  it pretty much brings in all of computer science, I couldn't imagine someone without 10+ years on COMP-SCI being able to seriously grasp this shit.

Again, none of this is a problem if your 16 years old, and you already wrote your own C++ compiler in GO, without anybody's help, including all the code generation, I think it only took Stallman about 20 years to write GCC/C++, and he too is/was a genius

Yes, to answer your question if you were a programmer, you could 'clone' your own BTC and hype it and get rich, if you buy this shit, you will most likely end up a pauper.

Most ppl have a skill, its best they focus on their own skill, and intelligently invest their money, the number of ppl who get rich in BTC is a joke, most of the rich are ppl who were here in 2011 and got their coin for free, the ppl day-trading the majority here you see on this forum, are never going to make more money than a guy with a paper route.

The problem with BITCOIN is that its way beyond the shoeshine boy stage, now every moron on earth thinks he get rich on the bitcoin wave, and this always ends badly for all.

cloning your bitcoins could be almost impossible, because now one company or organization is managing bitcoins, it would be a difficult job hacking it, when I say difficult I mean VERY DIFFICULT! that's why in the silk road it is the most preferable way of payment. you can't just hack in to a system just because you are a programmer, hacking takes SKILLS, I know about programming a little, and I still dont know how to hack.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:58:33 PM

well I will be a programmer being a programmer is a great job and you can earn high salary, stable income than investing and trading in bitcoin or some cryptocurrencies its like gambling to me you can win and you can lose. But you can do both after job then you can start trading or investing.
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:01:07 PM

Depends on where you are good at. You can even possibly combine it all at the same time. I want to be a good programmer but currently I find it better to focus on trading and other land based business.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Easx

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:05:10 PM

You can both of them with big rush. But if you need full time job with btc seller-trader, I think thats a bad idea.
Learning programming language better than btc trader.

AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:17:24 PM

Just go and be a programmer. Imagine that large opportunities are laying there. If you became a professional programmer, you can earn a lot not just as a full time programmer. Here in the forums, you can do sidelining by advertising yourself as a programmer with just showing your previous projects that either belongs to you or not.
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:23:21 PM

It is depend. It depend on salary you have on programming. It is also depends on what kind of thing that you get from using bitcoin or some campaign that you get paid. It is good to be a programmer if it is sure or fix because in bitcoin life such as trading or investing, it is too risky to do because the salary you has was not sure and it is depend on famous coin because it either dump or pump. then, in investing it is not sure that a project that you invest was not a trusted person, it is not good. you don't have a money then a money that you only have was a chance to gone.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: