Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:43:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ridiculous BTC Prices Predictions by Experts?  (Read 272 times)
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:42:20 PM

With the adoption of Japan the price started to move forward and the same has now made several unpredicted values to be reached. So, possibly the price will increase making the ridiculous predictions come true.

Japan has indeed been a massive source of growth for Bitcoin, and I strongly believe that we haven't even seen 5% of what Japan is capable of. With lightning network Bitcoin more than ever will be a worthy tool for conducting smaller purchases, which now isn't possible. Well, it is possible right now, but no one in his right mind will use a fee of $15-$20 to purchase a coffee or whatever other drink or snack valued at just $5 -- it makes no sense. Bitcoin deserves to be used like how it initially was praised for, where I strongly believe that altcoins will suffer from this movement to Bitcoin. I consider everything till $100k before the end of 2020 to be more than realistic.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:55:32 PM

Yes btc has went up all the way to 1k and then 5k and then 10k and then upwards etc.  People are talking about btc hitting 50k or 100k.  Okay i could see people talk about 50k.  But to even say 100k, aren't we getting way too ahead of ourselves.  Then people talk about 200k, 250k or 500k and 1 million.  I mean in my opinion, until btc hits say 75k per btc, 200k and up per btc shouldn't even be discussed... do people here agree?  I mean isn't there a good chance btc might hit say 25k but just say there or go to 30k and then go right back down.  

I mean isn't there a good chance that btc would never go over say 30k?  Obviously people couldn't think about btc hitting 5k or 10k when btc prices were a few hundred only.  Yes that is ridiculous.  But to think a coin that is over 10k... to say it could hit 500k... i mean look at that number.  That just seems ridiculous to even say that now.  I think if you want to talk about 500k per btc... you need btc to hit at least 100k minimum for you to even say 500k.  And for it to go to 500k... i mean that would take very long don't you all agree?

Some people just understand that bitcoin can still grow a lot in the coming years. We're not even past the stage wherein the big financial firms are already having their eyes on the tech. Back when bitcoin was in $200 a piece, everyone is screaming that we can't get past $5000 since it would be ludicrous, or in economical standards, unacceptable. Look at where we are right now. Most are still in doubt while bitcoin is busy making moves with the help of adept and newbie traders. $100k is yet another psychological barrier, but watch when it gets breached, everyone will be saying "I told you so" even when they doubted bitcoin first.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:06:00 AM

It is very funny people without the technical knowledge or pure understanding of bitcoin are the ones making predictions for bitcoin. I see there are tons of bitcoin predictions by different guys on YouTube without any specific insight or proven calculation. they were just predicting bitcoin price just like that without making any sense. 
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:17:56 PM

Some people simply make their predictions without any specific reason. Cannot always trust the words of crypto experts which is why I feel that our own research and predictions are what matter at the end of the day. John Mcafee has been making some pretty optimistic predictions about bitcoin in recent times and I do agree with him in some ways. I do feel that bitcoin has the potential to touch 100k in the next 2 years, but 500k is way too optimistic.
Most of us here doesn't always depend on somebody's opinion even those came from the experts, we tend to do our own researches in order for us to answer our own questions, but there are also few that are dependent about the news and from those opinions. It is also true that because of those experts advice there are also some big impact happened and that is why most of the people get interested into listening about predictions.
Yes, some do not even have a basis on their prediction, which is why right now, bitcoin has just become another speculative asset and unless the currency part of it becomes really useful, there is just no way we may experience some pretty huge price and even if we do, it can burst anytime.

However, I would prefer to see bitcoin to be value driven. The prediction by experts though, may end up happening, but we just have to keep our fingers crossed anyway.
PricklyPear1

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:20:12 PM

Some people simply make their predictions without any specific reason. Cannot always trust the words of crypto experts which is why I feel that our own research and predictions are what matter at the end of the day. John Mcafee has been making some pretty optimistic predictions about bitcoin in recent times and I do agree with him in some ways. I do feel that bitcoin has the potential to touch 100k in the next 2 years, but 500k is way too optimistic.
Most of us here doesn't always depend on somebody's opinion even those came from the experts, we tend to do our own researches in order for us to answer our own questions, but there are also few that are dependent about the news and from those opinions. It is also true that because of those experts advice there are also some big impact happened and that is why most of the people get interested into listening about predictions.
Yes, some do not even have a basis on their prediction, which is why right now, bitcoin has just become another speculative asset and unless the currency part of it becomes really useful, there is just no way we may experience some pretty huge price and even if we do, it can burst anytime.

However, I would prefer to see bitcoin to be value driven. The prediction by experts though, may end up happening, but we just have to keep our fingers crossed anyway.

I always go back and forth with the utility of BTC itself and what ‘value’ that would bring. If large-scale common commodities were easily purchased with BTC, why would people do that versus using their own native country’s currency? What would be the incentive for the common person? Over the years, whenever we fell into a bear market, the sentiment is always the same... people get bored with the stagnant price and many slowly exit until the next boom cycle. I wonder if this crypto experiment may have other expected outcomes outside of the current understanding and expectations.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:03:34 PM

Yes btc has went up all the way to 1k and then 5k and then 10k and then upwards etc.  People are talking about btc hitting 50k or 100k.  Okay i could see people talk about 50k.  But to even say 100k, aren't we getting way too ahead of ourselves.  Then people talk about 200k, 250k or 500k and 1 million.  I mean in my opinion, until btc hits say 75k per btc, 200k and up per btc shouldn't even be discussed... do people here agree?  I mean isn't there a good chance btc might hit say 25k but just say there or go to 30k and then go right back down.  

I mean isn't there a good chance that btc would never go over say 30k?  Obviously people couldn't think about btc hitting 5k or 10k when btc prices were a few hundred only.  Yes that is ridiculous.  But to think a coin that is over 10k... to say it could hit 500k... i mean look at that number.  That just seems ridiculous to even say that now.  I think if you want to talk about 500k per btc... you need btc to hit at least 100k minimum for you to even say 500k.  And for it to go to 500k... i mean that would take very long don't you all agree?

Technically any speculation you convince others of about Bitcoin ends up being "too far." There is no true way to predict what the price of Bitcoin will be. You can predict stocks because of the 10k's and knowing how companies are doing. With Bitcoin, you don't get these documents. That's why I say that when it comes to bitcoin you can believe what you want but you should always know that there is nothing backing it. It's a dangerous game that many jumped on too quickly without really knowing about it.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:09:47 PM

For bitcoin to go to 50k or 100k or 200k, there is a requirement for huge amounts of money. Only big whales and institutional buyers will buy for sometime and then what price will automatically go down because whales would run out of money if ever they use such a strategy but they aren't stupid.
Speaking of "experts", McAfee claims that he'll chop his manhood off if bitcoin doesn't reach 500,000$ by the end of 2020 or something. So, one asshole is going to be dickless cunt.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:32:23 PM

Yes.Such predictions seem to be ridiculous.such baseless predictions must be ignored.They don't do any analysis and don't provide any solid reason due to which they predict bitcoin to reach such a higher price.

Even predictions of big economists fail mostly.Even with previous price charts,we could not predict price movements since the previous situations does not exist now also.

Even technical analysis,fundamental analysis nothing works all the time.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:48:34 PM

There are no experts if we're discussing price in the future, only some analyst who predicted about bitcoin price.
Yes, $500K or $1 Million seems impossible for now as bitcoin still struggle to holds its position above $12K.
But, it ever happens when bitcoin starts this year with the price $980, even myself can't believe if bitcoin could reach $20,000 as I thought the best price maybe around $2K. If you don't want to talk about it, just don't but let others imagine about bitcoin in the future, that's a long way to get in there though.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:06:48 AM

Here's the thing, there is no such thing as a 'bitcoin expert' these people barely know anything about Bitcoin itself, the currency. They may know a tad bit about buying and selling Bitcoin, if they've made the money themselves or if they have just been studying it -- this doesn't make them an expert in the least.

These people are making these claims to make the market more bullish then it is and to make themselves more money. It's all bullshit though.
Most people making predictions are just making it to drive the market while using their position, same with those speculating FUDs. This does not mean anything, as what would occur, ends up happening eventually and there is just no way can anything change it. However, there is no need being too expectant based on what some of those who call themselves expert do say as they know nothing. The best is just to follow the trend and blend in with it.
HappyLocust41

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:07:53 AM

I totally agree that high profile people are either paid to make a prediction in order to hype the unknowing public. It's best not to believe them entirely especially since you are risking your own money and not theirs.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:10:34 PM

You must understand that most predictions are not really predictions but the wishes of the one saying that number, second the only limit that bitcoin price has regarding its price is the total money supply if you consider all types of money then the price bitcoin can reach is a lot higher than 30k so there is not really a hard limit that limits bitcoin, especially since governments keep increasing the money supply.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: