Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie getting seriously involved in altcoin -- What Exchange To Use?  (Read 134 times)
bitcoinbaldwin (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:59:33 AM

hi all, been a lurker of the forums for a few weeks. really excited to join the discussion around here.

like the title says, I'm just now getting seriously involved (bought my first btc three days ago) and am now looking to actively trade up and coming altcoins.

But I am struggling to find a exchange to use! Bittrex is not accepting new users right now, Polynex is failing my verification over and over and over and I'm getting tired of it.

What do you guys recommend?

Best

BitcoinBaldwin
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:17:35 AM

You can try Bitfinex and Coinbase.

Coinbase is well established but only has 2 altcoins
Bitfinex has many altcoin pairs for trading but they seem to have some issues with withdrawing fiat either in the form of USD or USDT.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:34:47 AM

hi all, been a lurker of the forums for a few weeks. really excited to join the discussion around here.

like the title says, I'm just now getting seriously involved (bought my first btc three days ago) and am now looking to actively trade up and coming altcoins.

But I am struggling to find a exchange to use! Bittrex is not accepting new users right now, Polynex is failing my verification over and over and over and I'm getting tired of it.

Best

BitcoinBaldwin

Depend what do you want to trade. My suggestion is to choose a coin, then check it in coinmarketcap and check the coin 'markets' tab. There you will find all exchanges who are trading that particular coin.

As you are new by your own words, I suggest you take it easy and to experiment only with small amounts.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:37:14 AM

Personally, I like Bittrex, they don't do fiat so you have to buy elsewhere. But they have really good security. Every time there is a threat they've upped their security. There is also United Traders, the one in my signature. You can give that one a try, they look like a good up and comer.

taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:46:00 AM

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency introduced to the world. All Altcoins are more or less following bitcoin currency, they are like shadows of bitcoin currency. But bitcoin currencies are gone out of reach of new & common investors. So they are now diverting their attention to altcoins. For them many options are available. Litecoin is introduced in 2011 by Charlie Lee, a former Google employee. Currently its price is $327. Its showing constant increase since march 2017. It is a good option of investment foe new investors.
jaredl

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:05:00 AM

I am going to recommend that you go for bittrex for volume as there are plenty of coins and they rake up good volume for ease of buying and selling.

And another relatively new exchange kucoin. The provide sign up bonus as well as income when traders u sign up trades.
So you can benefit when others sign up under u by getting a small percentage of the coin that was traded.

This is my referral link https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=E3cEC-

but if you prefer not to use my referral link, it is not a problem. Go try it out. it is pretty fun getting a few coins now and then

TPay Wallet: TENd3idLWQq95Z1MSf2cK3JgeLUoqDf8wX

ETH Wallet: 0xa8A8106959931018E3cacFD511dAD5E1c659ea54
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:05:15 AM

cryptopia, liqui, maybe etherdelta and such little exchanges. I don't recommend poloniex or bittrex, you might have lots of problem with them  Undecided.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:08:25 AM

I would recommend to wait just one more day, as a zero trading fee exchange is launching on 18th, you need to trade at CobinHood for maximum gains without any fee.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

Best

BitcoinBaldwin
I don't know that bittrex is not accepting new users right now, my friend made his bittrex account some days ago and he's trading just fine. If you can't trade at bittrex then i recommend binance, a great exchange with friendly interface and the volume is huge as well although it's still pale compared to bittrex.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:22:38 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 04:05:31 PM by AVAMONEY

Best

BitcoinBaldwin
I would advise you to open acct on trading exchanges below:
- Yobit
- Bitfinex
- Kraken
Verification is important thing to break your deposit and withdraw limit amount. Would be better before joining/registering new account on any of exchanges, you giving time to reading their terms conditions.
popeye95

Activity: 398

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:26:09 AM

Best

BitcoinBaldwin
hitBTC is good choice after Bittrex and Polo.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:37:26 AM

I would say binance,yeah its chiniese exchange but they are really good and fast with verification and not to mention a lot of coins to trade there.They are based in Hong Kong and not really conected to mainland,bitfinex is good but they have so much truble lately with ddos atacks and not being able to withdraw you founds(except ltc)and not to mention the tether fuss.Also it depends from where you are since some countries have problems with banks and crypto releated money transactions
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: