Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best exchange for new traders?
Bitfinex - 2 (6.7%)
Bittrex - 8 (26.7%)
Bitstamp - 2 (6.7%)
EtherDelta - 1 (3.3%)
GDAX - 3 (10%)
YoBit - 2 (6.7%)
Binance - 6 (20%)
Poloniex - 2 (6.7%)
HitBTC - 0 (0%)
Cryptopia - 3 (10%)
Coinbase - 1 (3.3%)
CoinsMarket - 0 (0%)
LocalBitcoins - 0 (0%)
Virwox - 0 (0%)
Paxful - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Exchange For New Traders  (Read 270 times)
ZCoinTalk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:36:40 AM

As cryptocurrency becomes more popular, there are exchanges popping up all over the world. It is difficult to make a choice where to safely trade your coins and tokens. Some sites have lenghty verification procedures, others have high fees to ensure their future.

Please select up to 3 exchanges that you have experience with and that you like. Feel free to make suggestions for exchanges that I haven’t listed. I’ve tried to select at least most big ones.

It would also be great if you could explain your choices in this topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bamselk

Activity: 69

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:19:27 AM

Well, they'd have to choose a totally different altcoin exchange to the fiat-related exchange that they chose.

For fiat, I suppose a newbie could try Coinbase or Bitstamp.  They do have KYC procedures but as time goes on that's going to be more and more necessary - it might make sense to start now.  If they really value their privacy though, they could go for something P2P like LocalBitcoins.

For an altcoin exchange, there's no one reliable exchange and all of them have a lot of complaints.  But the closest thing to a reliable exchange that I've used has been Bittrex.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:25:38 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 10:35:44 AM by mjglqw

I personally chose Bittrex and Binance as my two first options. Pretty straight to the point and quite noob-friendly if you ask me, as I've used both since the start of my crypto journey, and never had a problem with both(besides withdrawal fees are quite high depending on which coins). Though you cant trade fiat with both exchanges, only through USDT(tethers).

My 3rd option would be Bitfinex. Why? Because it's pretty much only one of the few exchanges that accepts IOTA.

EDIT: Just found out right now. Didn't know binance already accepted iota. whoops.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Norcal2020

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:07:56 PM

I only use Bittrex and Binance for mainstream and alt coins. Simple UI's and feel they can be trusted not that they've been around for a little bit. Happy trading and always do your research and never spend more than you are willing to lose.
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

Most of the time I am using Bittrex to buy and sell my altcoins, but there are some coins I wanted to buy and they didn't have any, for that I used Binance. Amd for the low market cap coins that could increase in price for 100x I use Cryptopia, they have tons of these hidden gems.

These are the 3 exchanges that I trust the most although I don't keep any of my coins in them.
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:26:17 PM

Among the ones you posted in your poll, I really prefer etherdelta because it is decentralized. Yet it is not so user-friiendly and easy to use for newbies...
damir10

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:39:53 PM

I use Binance and Bittrex.

But I would suggest Poloniex and Binance for beginners. Their tools are easy to understand.
testyourinvest

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 03:45:42 PM

I have been using Polo for over a year now , but i usually just send money there , exchange and take it back out .
So i am not a daily user .
I heard that polo is really strict on verification by now .

How tough is it with verification on Bittrex ?
or , better asked . in terms of not wanting to verify anything , what exchange is best ?
KathNips

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:25:06 PM

I am using hitbtc for a long time also use ed and polo sometimes if hitbtc is on maintrnace or alts I want to trade is not listed there. I suggest hitbtc because it is the most ui friendly and don't have lots of limits like minimum trade balance or whatsoever but if looking for cheap transaction fee the go on polo just be patient on slow transaction. I wont recommend yobit, its somehow messy and have listed lots of shitcoins newbie could easily get confused on coins with same name.
SuperPower

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:57:18 PM

you missed a best trading site. Etherdelta.com is one of the most usable exchange platform. I like the delta platform for trading.
ArtPt

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:02:58 PM

Bittrex - not the choice, since verification is disabled
 EtherDelta - is real hell, especially when ethereum network is full
 YoBit - slow & always maintenance for cheap tokenss
 Cryptopia - CRYtopia, freaking bots shuffle orders like total mess

Poloniex -  my personal choice among others listed
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:22:17 PM

For new traders I have a clear vote: Cryptopia, because:
1. Many cryptocurrencies are listed.
2. A chat is implemented (trollbox).
3. A forum with many useful topics is implemented.
4. An info site about each coin is implemented.
5. An arbitrage page is implemented,  where prices of coins can be compared.
6. Deposits and withdrawals work proper.
7. Support is quick and fine.
You only should not withdraw Bitcoin there, because fees are very expensive.
apvmoreira

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:45:46 PM

Nobody uses Coinsmarket?
ZCoinTalk (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:04:32 AM

I've added a few exchanges you've guys mentioned. Thank you for voting!
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:31:41 AM

As cryptocurrency becomes more popular, there are exchanges popping up all over the world. It is difficult to make a choice where to safely trade your coins and tokens. Some sites have lenghty verification procedures, others have high fees to ensure their future.

Please select up to 3 exchanges that you have experience with and that you like. Feel free to make suggestions for exchanges that I haven’t listed. I’ve tried to select at least most big ones.

For me it's

1) Binance
2) Bitfinex
3) Bittrex

These are the ones that i actually have used and the others i honestly do not have any experience with. Yobit/cryptopia/etc. should be out of the question. Their spreads are high and support is unresponsive as hell. For a newbie that's the stuff of nightmares.

Bittrex has issues as well, but as long as you get verified before you deposit anything you should be okay.

Bitfinex after hte hack actually has stepped up their game and made it super friendly for new traders, but you do need lots of money to even enter with their small deposit and withdrawal limits.

Smiley
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:47:32 AM

Surprised that you didn't include virwox in there. And also localbitcoins and paxful.

If we're just looking at how good an exchange is for newcomers then my list would be localbitcoins, virwox, paxful, and then coinbase. All of them do not have good fees, but a new trader or new bitcoin user probably does not trade much anyways and is in it for the long term. All he needs is a convenient, guaranteed transaction and i feel like LBC offers that every single time. Coinbase is convenient as well, albeit being overall a bad exchange.

Please consider adding them to the list and i'd be looking forward to seeing the results.
ZCoinTalk (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:15:45 AM

Surprised that you didn't include virwox in there. And also localbitcoins and paxful.
Thanks, I've added those to the list.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:26:27 AM

For inexperienced traders who are dealing with cryptocurrency for the first time, I usually recommend Bitstamp or GDAX. They are highly reputable and licensed, so I feel safe recommending them to newbies, and their UI is good.

My logic is, if they want to venture off into the world of unlicensed altcoin exchanges, that should be a decision they make for themselves--hopefully with some experience and basic knowledge under their belt first. I think there are real regulatory worries for Bitfinex, Poloniex and Bittrex, for example. I've also heard many horror stories about newbies sending cryptocurrency to the wrong address type (e.g. Tether to a BTC address), so I hate the idea of newbies rushing into trading on exchanges that list 100+ coins.

sprtcrdlui

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:16:52 AM

Hello, I am new to Bitcoins.  I signed up with Metamask, But now sure if that was a good thing to do.  Things i am curious about. Is Bitcoin accounts don't want  cash. They would rather have you deposit Coins.
My problem is that i dont have coins.  
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:41:20 PM

Hello, I am new to Bitcoins.  I signed up with Metamask, But now sure if that was a good thing to do.  Things i am curious about. Is Bitcoin accounts don't want  cash. They would rather have you deposit Coins.
My problem is that i dont have coins.  

Is this trading site or exchange dude. No one will look these kind of unpopular and cheap exchange buddy, if you having fine attention on trading you have to invest on multiple altcoins in bitrex site. As coins value fluctuates you will find the better trading experience according to the coin you have chosen on it.

If you want use the bitcoin and cash directly best option is localbitcoins.com. You have to maintain the some amount bitcoin in your wallet to open a trade. As price changes if you fix the perfect value in your trade you will get the decent profit everyday.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: