Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] PHP Coder for implementing BTC shopping cart  (Read 3564 times)
rizzn (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:08:04 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 09:51:35 PM by rizzn

I'm looking for a coder to build a site for the purposes of selling a few items.
* Payment will be in bitcoin only.
* The system should know when payment has been made.
* The fulfillment doesn't need to be automated, just a daily report (with the ability to mark fulfilled items).
*  You can use either myBitcoin.com or a server-based solution.
* PHP preferred, though my server situation can accommodate most other platforms?

I'm looking for bids on the project. Hourly rates are fine as long as estimate on total project length is included. I'm not made of money, but I'm not looking to squeeze anyone, either. All fair bids considered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 01:29:09 AM

Do you not want to use one of the existing systems?

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
rizzn (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 03:59:19 AM

I'm open to someone coming in and implementing an existing system, not looking for a ground up re-invention of the wheel, necessarily. I don't really have time to do more than project manage an implementation (demanding day job), so I hoped to support the community a bit by going with a BTC friendly developer.
error

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 04:06:29 AM

I'm open to someone coming in and implementing an existing system, not looking for a ground up re-invention of the wheel, necessarily. I don't really have time to do more than project manage an implementation (demanding day job), so I hoped to support the community a bit by going with a BTC friendly developer.

Fair enough. But if you don't have time to even be familiar with your options, are you sure you'll have time to sell things online?

Cablesaurus

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 06:09:47 AM

I recommend bitcoinwebhost.com. Good service, helpful support.

PCIe Extender Cables; Dummy Plugs, Fans; PSU Cables; Cases & More
Visit www.Cablesaurus.com and our forum thread at http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6128.0
rizzn (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:24:29 AM

Fair enough. But if you don't have time to even be familiar with your options, are you sure you'll have time to sell things online?

1) I expect whomever I work with to be familiar with the options out there. While I have the chops to code, I'm not on the ground coding on a daily basis. I'm hiring someone else to help me because I recognize that I'm not the best person for the job. Henceforth, I am attempting to hiring someone familiar enough with the options and the methods to help me make those calls. If I had time, I'd just write it myself.

2) I really don't see the connection between not having time to code and not having time to sell something online. You don't have any visibility into what it is I'm planning other than the broad strokes of what I want the project to include, so I'm not sure why this is even a question.

3) Are you offering your services as a coder, or are you just griefing me?

I'm trying my best not to come off like an ass here, I'm just looking to hire a coder and figured there might be one or two hanging around here that were interested in earning some BTC.
rizzn (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:25:50 AM

I recommend bitcoinwebhost.com. Good service, helpful support.

Thanks - I'm square on hosting for now. I'll keep it in mind.
rizzn (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:38:49 AM

If you already have the shopping stuff itself set up, I could fix up some payments for you Cheesy
Feel free to PM me..
But don't think you'll get any "Fancy Shmancy Portfolio", as this is my first "Commercial" product...

I'm looking for the full deal, needs the shopping cart system as well. I'm talking maybe only a few products.
rizzn (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:43:18 AM

If you already have the shopping stuff itself set up, I could fix up some payments for you Cheesy
Feel free to PM me..
But don't think you'll get any "Fancy Shmancy Portfolio", as this is my first "Commercial" product...

I'm looking for the full deal, needs the shopping cart system as well. I'm talking maybe only a few products.

Hmm, that might take a little longer, but I can do it.. Although it won't have any fancy graphics and stuff.. A table listing for items, and MAYBE the ability to buy more items.. That's harder though.
But meh, I have nothing to do so I'll begin prototyping

That's fine - no fancy graphics needed. Going to have one of my graphics guys do the images and branding for it.
error

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:43:59 AM

1) I expect whomever I work with to be familiar with the options out there. While I have the chops to code, I'm not on the ground coding on a daily basis. I'm hiring someone else to help me because I recognize that I'm not the best person for the job. Henceforth, I am attempting to hiring someone familiar enough with the options and the methods to help me make those calls. If I had time, I'd just write it myself.

2) I really don't see the connection between not having time to code and not having time to sell something online. You don't have any visibility into what it is I'm planning other than the broad strokes of what I want the project to include, so I'm not sure why this is even a question.

I'm trying my best not to come off like an ass here, I'm just looking to hire a coder and figured there might be one or two hanging around here that were interested in earning some BTC.

Sorry, but I can't tell the difference between "not well thought out" and "details intentionally omitted" without asking. Unfortunately 95% of what I see posted around here is in the former category. As a rule I try to avoid "not well thought out" projects; if you've ever written code for someone else, you will certainly realize why.

And yes, as a coder I'm very picky as to what projects I'll take on.

rizzn (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:50:45 AM

Sorry, but I can't tell the difference between "not well thought out" and "details intentionally omitted" without asking. Unfortunately 95% of what I see posted around here is in the former category. As a rule I try to avoid "not well thought out" projects; if you've ever written code for someone else, you will certainly realize why.

And yes, as a coder I'm very picky as to what projects I'll take on.

I assure you, it's fairly well thought out (or at least as well thought out as it can be having spent a week of evenings investigating product and fulfillment and making sure once it's theoretically in place I don't lose my shirt), and if the project turns out to be a rabbit hole, well, I'm assuming the risk by commissioning it.

The one aspect I didn't fully investigate (and figured I'd be safe putting in a developer from the community's hands) is the shopping cart side of it. Shopping carts are fairly common on the internet, to say the least, and there are several options I've passingly seen for BTC centric sites.

I can see why you may perceive it as an ill-thought out plan, but from my perspective, I figured it'd just be more expedient to outsource my research and development than to do it myself.
error

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:54:16 AM

I assure you, it's fairly well thought out (or at least as well thought out as it can be having spent a week of evenings investigating product and fulfillment and making sure once it's theoretically in place I don't lose my shirt), and if the project turns out to be a rabbit hole, well, I'm assuming the risk by commissioning it.

The one aspect I didn't fully investigate (and figured I'd be safe putting in a developer from the community's hands) is the shopping cart side of it. Shopping carts are fairly common on the internet, to say the least, and there are several options I've passingly seen for BTC centric sites.

I can see why you may perceive it as an ill-thought out plan, but from my perspective, I figured it'd just be more expedient to outsource my research and development than to do it myself.

OK, that sounds much more reasonable. Smiley

Unfortunately I don't have time for this right now, though I'm quite sure you'll find someone around here who will be able to help you now that it's clear what you need.

Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 01:48:53 PM

PM'ed you.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 05:09:33 PM

I'm looking for a coder to build a site for the purposes of selling a few items.
* Payment will be in bitcoin only.
* The system should know when payment has been made.
* The fulfillment doesn't need to be automated, just a daily report (with the ability to mark fulfilled items).
*  You can use either myBitcoin.com or a server-based solution.
* PHP preferred, though my server situation can accommodate most other platforms?

I'm looking for bids on the project. Hourly rates are fine as long as estimate on total project length is included. I'm not made of money, but I'm not looking to squeeze anyone, either. All fair bids considered.

If you're interested, I will be open sourcing Coin Cart, the software that powers Bitcoin Bodega, sometime this week, through the Github account of Geekworks LLC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: