Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER Exchange - Theft from clients account of over $150, 000 USD  (Read 69 times)
Peaceful_Guy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:09:12 AM

Dear Cryptocurrency Enthusiasts,

I am a Cancer patient, 33 years of age and based in Sydney, Australia. I had suffered a significant loss when BTER seized all the BTC in my account and in the weeks and months following, had also taken other cryptocurrency coins also worth over $30 000USD.
Is anyone familiar with the legal system in China?

Are there any legal protections for foreign clients of crypto currency exchanges who suffered significant losses resulting from the direct theft of their funds in their exchange accounts?

Can I personally sue BTER for stealing 12 BTC along with several crypto currencies from my account? I am planning a trip to Beijing in the next few weeks but need to do my homework first.

BTER chooses not to reply to my communications, although I have records of all my coins to present as evidence in the courts however I really do not want to be wasting more time and money if the chances of success are minimal to nil. Please share your thoughts. I wish for justice in my life time...

Please share your thoughts regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

Peaceful_Guy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: