Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin fees so high?  (Read 342 times)
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:35:16 PM

why has the bitcoin fee for each transaction recently been so high?
It was easier to send 10-15 usd before but these days the fees are more than that.
Any wallet which takes less fee?Im fine with delayed confirmation.
Bitcoin transaction fees are getting higher every day because millions of people are conducting transactions over bitcoin blockchain network. The more people on the network the slower the network is going to be. But if you can pay the higher transaction fee (miner fee) your transaction gets processed quickly. you should try Xapo i think their transaction fee is more affordable. 

Xapo tried to rob me over 1 million of satoshi

they attracted me without transaction fees.
They have set transaction fees
And now the forbid me to accec my account because I have not an android mobile phone.

To attract me it was not necessarary...
You are right. Xapo really want to switch completely to the use in smartphones. Now this seems like a Scam but maybe it's due to the fact that they want so to protect your money from hackers. I also had a problem with this wallet. I had an Android but the app no longer supports version 4 Android. To access your account I had to buy a new smartphone.
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:38:13 PM

It was easier to send 10-15 usd before but these days the fees are more than that.
Yes you are right that nowdays the transaction fees increased too much.The main reason of increasing fee is that the nowdays the price or btc is also increasing too much.And nowdays many new miners come to the market.So the difficulty of every block increased than the before blocks.so it's take more time and. It's also consume the more electricity therfore the mining fee is also increased.And therfore the fee of transaction alsoincreased. I suggests you to use zabpay wallet beacause  it's fee is very law than any other wallets.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:42:31 PM

Bitcoin transaction fees are getting higher every day because millions of people are conducting transactions over bitcoin blockchain network. The more people on the network the slower the network is going to be. But if you can pay the higher transaction fee (miner fee) your transaction gets processed quickly. you should try Xapo i think their transaction fee is more affordable. 

They have set transaction fees
And now the forbid me to accec my account because I have not an android mobile phone.

You are right. Xapo really want to switch completely to the use in smartphones. Now this seems like a Scam but maybe it's due to the fact that they want so to protect your money from hackers. I also had a problem with this wallet. I had an Android but the app no longer supports version 4 Android. To access your account I had to buy a new smartphone.

I agree,it's a very good protection...even meself can not take my BTC.
But I can not spend for an android more than I have on Xapo.

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:47:51 PM

The reason why transaction fees are increasing is there are lots of individual who are making Bitcoin transactions and most of them are still unconfirmed transactions, that will makes Bitcoin network congested, more unconfirmed transaction expect higher fee. You can't avoid to pay higher fees if you want you transaction gets confirmed in short period of time. You can try using wallet that have a segwit features it may not solve the high transaction fees but it can reduce it. I don't know any wallet that support segwit except ledger and trezor. If delayed confirmation is fine for you then pay low priority fee then you can use transaction accelerator service.
Lilija

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:49:02 PM

Get bonuses from yobit.  You will like it. https://yobit.io/?bonus=tcOBV
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:50:07 PM

IMHO you can send 100 satoshi per byte and try to push the transaction with free accelerator like viabtc. That way you could somehow save a few dollar if you are worrying about transaction fee.

P.S At the time of writing this the bitcoin transaction minimum fee is 0.001BTC
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:03:24 PM

Demand of bitcoin is increasing and people who transact on it everyday is increasing too so that affects the fee when we are sending to other address. The wallet that I use now is blockchain.info and it's recommended fee is changing from time to time so I tried to transact today and fee isn't that much.

IMHO you can send 100 satoshi per byte and try to push the transaction with free accelerator like viabtc.
If you did not mean to pay a very small fee for your transaction viabtc will not accept and also it's hard to get accelerated there it's always try again later.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
iostreamhs

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:09:50 PM

Whenever a bitcoin transaction happens, a miner needs to verify it. A miner will do it for some fees, so as the prices of bitcoin rises and the number of bitcoin transaction increases, the miner's cost will increase. Whenever you are making a transaction make sure you include the correct miner fee, many wallets give recommend what fee's to be paid.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:10:53 PM

No wallet take less fee. The wallets help to tweak the transaction fee in order that your transaction gets confirmed in as few blocks as possible according to the current rate hence the high transaction fee. Even if you are fine with delayed confirmation you still need to pay some fee all the same. The last transaction I did of $47 last Tuesday, I paid $3 as transaction fee (low priority) and the transaction was only confirmed this morning. The wait was not worth it for me.

Cammo01

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:29:37 PM

From what I know, most exchanges have about a 0.5% fee, no?
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:43:56 PM

Then they have set transaction fees
And now they forbid me to access my account because I have not an android mobile phone.

For me Xapo is my biggest scammer.
LOL. I just used Xapo for few days before and I never using it one more time Smiley). Xapo users have to pay too much fee, with other wallet we just need to pay the transaction fee but with Xapo we have to pay transaction fee and deposit fee. LOL. When I received about 0.0001 or 0.0002 BTC from few twitter tasks, It's just enough to pay the deposit fee.

AngelJoshua

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:00:50 PM

It's because of the bitcoin price I guess Smiley I think the more in rise the more fees needed, or I think it's because of the wallet you're using? Try to use some exchanges, as a wallet who has a low fee and transferred it if you need to withdraw or theres some wallet who has a low fee try to explore Smiley

At your service
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:26:43 PM

It doesn't matter which wallet you're using there's a way to decrease the fee. I my self use the customize option to pay low fee, and the wallet which i used is block chain. Also i would like to add more there's limit of customize like you can't pay 0.01$ fee for big amount. You can blame the networks also which is growing and price which is causing so high fee.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:37:06 PM

I dont worry now cause of  increasing the fee, i advise you just to wait till the blockchain will not so be overloaded. Crazy bitcoin price rally attracted attention of many new investors and traders, so there is nothing you can do with. Here we see the work of the basic  market law of supply and demand. The more people are ready to pay these transactions fees, the higher these fees are going to be. Don't make small not urgent bitcoin  transactions and no problem.

Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:57:57 PM

Mine too the transaction fee is so high , like let's say 1000 something like that on ph , the transaction fees on coins.ph is almost 1500k pesos. But I don't know in some other wallet , my question to is there any wallets that have less transaction fees? And as far as I know why the transaction fee is so been high , is because of the price of bitcoin to I guess , the price of the bitcoin is extremely high so I guess the transaction fee would be too. Because of the demand of it.
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:58:16 PM

If you want to pay less for transaction fee I think you should use Bitcoin wallet that you can set up your own transaction fee like Electrum. But for now when Bitcoin mining difficulty is really high, I think we need to pay more for transaction fee to complete our transaction fast as normal cause it'll take longer time to mine a block. Although you can customize transaction fee but you should pay at least 0.0003 for it.

btc or eth

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:59:59 PM

Can anyone create a way to charge BTCs easily adjusted like ETH? At present, the high BTC fee is too difficult for investors because I was rejected too!
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:15:34 PM

If you want to pay less for transaction fee I think you should use Bitcoin wallet that you can set up your own transaction fee like Electrum. But for now when Bitcoin mining difficulty is really high, I think we need to pay more for transaction fee to complete our transaction fast as normal cause it'll take longer time to mine a block. Although you can customize transaction fee but you should pay at least 0.0003 for it.
In Bitcoin Core you could set your own fee, but then you risk not getting confirmed for days,maybe weeks.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:21:12 PM

Can anyone create a way to charge BTCs easily adjusted like ETH? At present, the high BTC fee is too difficult for investors because I was rejected too!

Hope there is a way to have less fees in every btc transactions. These days every doing transactions is in large fees and some users hesitate for doing transactions because of this. I hope their would come up for a resolution of charging this high fees.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:23:32 PM

I am already using Bitcoin Cash for making most of my transactions. Even after calculating for the fee in converting BTC to BCH, and then back to BTC, it is still profitable (for small and medium sized transactions).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: