Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:33:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on a mobile phone?  (Read 158 times)
Axtech (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:04:09 PM

Any coins that could be mined with phone (like OnePlus 5) with some profits to show?

I'm looking to get started with Substratum(hosting) when it does go online.

There's also the security issue to consider as phone is the source of two factor authentication for most people.
lautre

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:05:17 PM

lol no
codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:17:27 PM

I see at youtube about minergate
They can mining with phone
Anyone already try it?

PaulGreenEye

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:11:56 PM

As I know and saw minergate app is good only for monitor your minergate miners. It don't mine, maybe act like a faucet.
Electroneum came to ICO as solely mobile coin. But their mobile miner isn't active so far. BTW Electroneum became popular CryptoNight coin to mine. So it's likely that mobile mining still remain a dream.
micoholic

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:35:31 PM

I've heard that Ethereum will be possibly mined using mobile phones. I'm not sure about this, but phones doesn't have the power that can do so. It will take forever to mine a single coin. Mining success nowadays depends on GPUs, the better video card you have results higher hashrate. Thus, makes mining faster and profitable. I believe that Minergate is the first site that made mobile phone mining possible. However, 100% of those who have tried failed to mine a single coin (including me). Because the hashrate really sucks and makes the phone hotter, which might cause serious damage and eventually destroy it.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:52:59 PM

Absolutely not worth it. Most smartphones have horrible cooling systems and the CPU/GPU inside isn't made to be stressed at 100% all of the time. You can run them at one thread or a couple, but unless you're trying to 'learn' how to mine, you won't make any meaningful amount from mining on your phone. Same goes for laptops and mobile devices, don't mine on them.
powermagic

Activity: 67

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:56:00 PM

Any coins that could be mined with phone (like OnePlus 5) with some profits to show?

There's also the security issue to consider as phone is the source of two factor authentication for most people.
until now I have never seen or heard the news someone successfully mine using handpone and publish his way. because it is impossible.
because we know that handpone does not have enough features to add an electronic currency that desperately needs the features and specifications of a sophisticated tool and in addition to a large resource to mine
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:54:05 PM

Actually, once the mobile app for XSPEC (SpectreCoin) is out, you will be able to mine on your mobile. It uses Proof-of-Stake, thus no need for computational power and heavy power consumption. And it gives you 5% dividend. At present, there is a desktop wallet only, but the mobile wallet is in development and will be released shortly.

The added benefit is that XSPEC is one of the leading (if not THE leading [technically]) anonymity coin out there, AND is still a hidden gem which can be picked up for a bargain.

Check it out:

https://spectreproject.io/
http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

No. Plus this must be the 10737383 thread asking the same question.
As stated above maybe staking works out but thats different from mining - another process.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: