Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Avoid High Fees When Exchanging Currency?  (Read 410 times)
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:10:42 PM

There,s no way to escape bitcoin fee's since btc dominates the world of cryptocurrency, If you have btc better hold for long long time to gain much profit, I am confident enough to state that btc will pumps up and exceed to its record weekly,monthly and so on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wildwest

Activity: 1704
Merit: 315

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:18:33 PM

One way is to find exchange that has a low fee. And the other alternative is swap coin that wants to be withdraw into altcoin. Altcoin is probably one of the best ways to avoid high fees. Most altcoin has a low fee than Bitcoin.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
mhaecel

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:23:51 PM

So I should convert my Bitcoins into another coin, let's say Litecoin, then exchange that for alternative coins? Wouldn't that just make me loose even more? How come I can't buy alternative coins for USD on exchanges? I can only buy Bitcoins.

Yeah most of us have no choice but buy bitcoin before being able to trade for other alts but you can check on stellarterm you can buy Lumen coins (XLM/STR) there using USD, CNY, and other supported fiat by anchors then trade your xlm in exchange like polo and bittrex
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:27:14 PM

Instead of swapping the BTC through some scam machine why don't you use the popular exchanges to buy whichever Altcoin and how much ever you like. The fees are obviously too less on the exchanges. Bittrex has just 0.25% as the trading fee to buy any altcoins.
If you want to transfer the coins to some other exchange you can do that as well by using altcoins which are much faster and cheaper.
Bitcoin should now be bought just to be HODL and not make transactions as the fees will eat up your profits.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:21:06 PM

One way is to find exchange that has a low fee. And the other alternative is swap coin that wants to be withdraw into altcoin. Altcoin is probably one of the best ways to avoid high fees. Most altcoin has a low fee than Bitcoin.
i am agree with it that altcoin are lower fees than altcoin , for me the way on how you are able to avoid is where you are able to take that on how you exchange each of it make sure and maybe that you know what you are doing for with it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:47:49 PM

i don't take into consideration the trading fees cause i'm not used to trade a lot
but if it's your case you should try exchanges like binance(BNB) or kukoin where you can use their own platform coins to cut the fee costs
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:03:26 AM

A few days ago I made a transaction via Xapo that shocked me, because I had to pay a fee of $25 to be able to get a minimum amount of bitcoin. But now returning to the same wallet, just a couple of weeks after my previous transaction, I find the surprise that to carry out the same operation, the rate has increased to $51. So this has no remedy and the rates will continue in a continuous and exponential rise?

By the way, it is not clear to me why there is such a large differential between the different exchanges. Today I made other transactions in different wallets and exchanges and the fees to tansfer bitcoin were $15, $17 and $2. Could it be that only Xapo has these excessive costs?
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:15:40 AM

I have tried several times do that looking for exchange at the cheapest cost and of course, the exchange must have the same coin because sometimes I find some incomplete items and I tend to do experiment not just choose one Altcoin. another point is the coin in a stable radar in price. well, this all to reduce the cost of withdrawal Bitcoin increasingly insane, but if your situation is not so pressed

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:32:37 AM

I have tried several times do that looking for exchange at the cheapest cost and of course, the exchange must have the same coin because sometimes I find some incomplete items and I tend to do experiment not just choose one Altcoin. another point is the coin in a stable radar in price. well, this all to reduce the cost of withdrawal Bitcoin increasingly insane, but if your situation is not so pressed
Yes that's right, it's been given the answer above. Bitcoin is the only best cryptocurrency and has the most cuts. Unlike the other cryptocurrency. You should know that the price of Bitcoin has reached thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars, while the price of other cryptocurrencies still reach the point of hundreds of dollars. That's the difference in fees you can see. Actually you can still reduce the cuts that occur, but it seems you need a lot of patience and money. If the transaction with a large amount, then the fee you get will be minimized. Fee will remain great, but it will be nothing with the big profit you get.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:47:54 AM

change to ltc or monero. get coins out and change back. problem are %trading fees. u ll loose coins...
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:43:29 AM

To avoid high fee when transfer, you should use exchange like Wex.nz , Bittrex, Binance. Dont use Jaxx or changlly because they have high fee.

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
Rezgar (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:13:37 AM

Yea I realised the mistake I made so far, lost about half my investment due to fees and most of the profit I made. Bitcoin is a definite no-no for small investers. What has it become? It's yet another tool to make the rich richer and make small buyers like me poorer. And those damn miners are getting heftier paychecks (not small miners) every day. Just watch youtube and you'll know what I mean.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:40:00 PM

To avoid high fee when transfer, you should use exchange like Wex.nz , Bittrex, Binance. Dont use Jaxx or changlly because they have high fee.

All exchanges now are in a way, getting higher fees, even those that you've mentioned. One way would be to convert your btc to an alt that has lower fees, do the transaction, and then convert it again to btc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:45:18 PM

Bitcoin transactions are quite expensive nowadays. It is better if you convert to another less expensive coin and then trade it for Bitcoin on another exchange.

It is likely that the rise in price of Ethereum and Ripple are at least a bit related to that ridiculous fee. Miners are greeding thenselves to death.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:14:15 PM

what you're paying for with jaxx (shapeshift onboarding) or changelly is wallet-to-wallet trading. this way, you don't need to keep your funds on deposit at an exchange, which carries third party risk. it's basically the equivalent of depositing X to wex.nz, swapping for currency Y, and withdrawing it to your own wallet.

if you're comfortable leaving funds on the exchange, then use centralized exchanges. but the less time you do so, the better. these exchanges are prone to hacks, exit scams and seizures.

kalakabgr

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:15:32 PM

So I'm totally new to this, I researched on some currencies and thought to myself that I should invest while they're at such a low price. I buy like 200$ worth of bitcoins. I pay 20$ worth of fees for the exchange (changelly). Then I download a wallet so I can exchange for other currencies, using Jaxx a.t.m. So when I swapped like 45$ worth of bitcoins to another currency, I had to pay 19$ worth of mining fees. I don't mind the swapping fee but the mining fee is ridiculous. Why am I paying almost the double just to buy a freaking currency? I feel very much scammazed. There are like 3-4 other currencies I want to buy as well, but at this rate I'm going to loose whatever I invested to begin with. What the heck is going on?

How do you guys avoid this? The mining fee rate was on low by the way. Just checked with other swaps, it's all the same. Whatever I swap there's a 0.00095 BTC mining fee, now that's huge for me considering what I swapped was only worth 0.00200 BTC. All the profit I'm making is going to some damn fees that according to most people are going back to the system. I mean don't the big companies own most of this system anyways? Also I can't buy other currencies other than bitcoin with Changelly, why?

"Help me obe one kanobi, you're my only hope."

Have you tried to use Poloniex ? Low fees, 0 inconvenience.
I've traded in between altocins and bitcoins the whole year without problems.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:30:48 PM

Today I decided to cashout my other bitcoin but in the coinbase the transaction fee is very high and I dont think why the fee now is very high it's all aboit is $15 fee and thats not good to the people can earn only enough bitcoin. So idecided to not cashoit my other bitcoin so I will save it try to transact one to save miner fee. I have it will lower like before.
fat buddah

Activity: 329
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:16:27 PM

Guys i will give you a tip: Just deposit all your funds on localbitcoins, they will charge you 0.001 for doing so.
But you are never going to need to pay fees, everytime that you want to send money, it will always cost you one dollar o so to send money, doesnt matter how many transactions you make.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:30:32 PM

Guys i will give you a tip: Just deposit all your funds on localbitcoins, they will charge you 0.001 for doing so.
But you are never going to need to pay fees, everytime that you want to send money, it will always cost you one dollar o so to send money, doesnt matter how many transactions you make.

This is bad advice for two reasons. First, you don't control the private keys on Localbitcoins. If they get hacked or the site goes down, your funds may be lost or you may not be able to access them. Secondly, I've seen many complaints about Localbitcoins sending out low-fee transactions that take a very long time to confirm on the blockchain. Personally, I've never been impressed with their service.

Crypto-Bridge (in beta with open markets) is a decentralized solution with orders executed on another blockchain (graphene), which is very fast/low fees. Interesting premise, but the markets aren't very liquid yet.

ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:24:47 PM

To avoid the cost of bitcoin exchange you have to exchange in local exchanges because although the exchange fee is high but bitcoin price there is quite high from the market price outside, it can be up to 5% as in bitcoin exchange site indonesia. bitcoin co.id, bitcoin prices are quite expensive compared to the outside market so that it can reduce the exchange rate.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: