Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:21:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable Mac client  (Read 1141 times)
jprice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:55:51 AM

Is the an ETA on a stable mac client?

ETH: 0xd346FA8977c9833aD72213e2165815069a81f026
joecascio

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Semi-retired software developer, tech consultant

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 03:25:47 AM

And one that will run on Snow Leopard? ie, 10.6.8

Joe Cascio
Python/Django & Android developer
Twitter: @joecascio
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:34:41 AM

Is the an ETA on a stable mac client?

https://bitcoinarmory.googlecode.com/files/armory_0.88.1-beta_OSX.dmg

I use this and it is actually really stable. I use it daily and I use it on another OSX as a offline transaction creator computer. So this is really stable, and have yet to have any problems.
jprice (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:25:43 PM

I've tried it, it crashes right after I open it.

ETH: 0xd346FA8977c9833aD72213e2165815069a81f026
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 01:44:07 PM

There appears to be an issue with the way it is packaged.  It seems to work flawlessly for 50% of Mac users, but fails to even start for the other 50%.  It sounds like you're in the wrong 50% Sad

A few different people tested it before I "blessed" that result and paid the bounty, before we realized that was a lot of systems on which it didn't work.  It sounds like we need another bounty to finish figuring out how to bundle everything properly.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:50:11 AM

I've tried it, it crashes right after I open it.

Me too. MBP 8.3 running 10.7.5

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:10:49 PM

OK, so I am having these issues with 0.88.1 on Mavericks DP6. Armory doesn't even pretend to open any more... open the app and then nothing.

I am sure that I had it working at some point on Mavericks, but anyway, like others it has been weeks since I last got Armory open Sad (although I was having Bitcoin-QT issues too, though I have them sorted now Smiley )

I am currently waiting for Xcode 5 beta to download so that I can build Armory from source code kinda, so will report back later this evening perhaps if I can get this built on OSX at last...

Would be nice to be able to use armory again... I will contribute what little I can to a bounty for a proper OSX app if that will help? Perhaps it is time to start a vocal collection; I'm sure there are plenty of Mac users who want to use (what used to be the best and) most functional bitcoin client Cheesyπ

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:19:32 PM

OK, so I am having these issues with 0.88.1 on Mavericks DP6. Armory doesn't even pretend to open any more... open the app and then nothing.

I am sure that I had it working at some point on Mavericks, but anyway, like others it has been weeks since I last got Armory open Sad (although I was having Bitcoin-QT issues too, though I have them sorted now Smiley )

I am currently waiting for Xcode 5 beta to download so that I can build Armory from source code kinda, so will report back later this evening perhaps if I can get this built on OSX at last...

Would be nice to be able to use armory again... I will contribute what little I can to a bounty for a proper OSX app if that will help? Perhaps it is time to start a vocal collection; I'm sure there are plenty of Mac users who want to use (what used to be the best and) most functional bitcoin client Cheesyπ

Source code: https://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory

Also you may want to look at this script to package. https://gist.github.com/bsmt/5130568

Also I don't see how Xcode will help you build armory, I think it better to use scripts.
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:25:08 PM

OK, well I have been following this guide: https://gist.github.com/WyseNynja/4200620

I have got so far as:

Code:
Now you are ready to actually install armory-qt!
$ brew install wysenynja/bitcoin/armory-qt

At this point my installer fails - I have tried everything my extremely limited knowledge can think of, but QT is failing (I think because I have Mavericks DP5).

I have now cloned the source from the Qt Git, compiled and successfully installed Qt5. However when I go to run:

Code:
Now you are ready to actually install armory-qt!
$ brew install wysenynja/bitcoin/armory-qt

It is still looking for a version of Qt in the brew directories (I think), as it begins to download Qt 4.8.2 from brew repositories, how can I tell it to use the version of Qt I have compiled and downloaded from source (5.0.1)?

Sorry, I am quite new to all this terminal business

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: