Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoin ? which one will be the best to invest in 2018?  (Read 508 times)
maxamus (OP)

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:18:21 PM

As the year 2018 has been speculates to be the year of altcoins will it be better to invest into bitcoin or altcoins ? Which one will give more return in both short term as well as long term ? I am bit puzzled whether to go for well established bitcoin , Litecoin, ethreum or Ripple, Dodge coin, Dash.

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Typogre12

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:30:16 PM

It is a hard question to answer. LOL
Try to invest to both of them. altcoins will just ride the rise of bitcoins market value. Afterall, it is because of the altcoins why its price is going up.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:32:01 PM

Why can't it be both?
Typogre12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:37:52 PM

Why can't it be both?

Yeah right. Try to invest in both of them. Choose an altcoin that you think has potentials to climb up in the market. Try to study the coin market.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:52:41 PM

As the year 2018 has been speculates to be the year of altcoins will it be better to invest into bitcoin or altcoins ? Which one will give more return in both short term as well as long term ? I am bit puzzled whether to go for well established bitcoin , Litecoin, ethreum or Ripple, Dodge coin, Dash.
I've watched some videos and a lot of articles about some altcoins that are gaining attention lately like Litecoin and Ripple. Their prices increased a huge percentage and it is possible that it will still continue to grow due to the many investors that got interested in its growth. Although there are good altcoins to invest with, investing in bitcoin is still a good idea because there is still a huge possibility that it will continue to rise.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:54:06 PM

Bitcoin and choose some altcoins this will lead always as cryptocurrency. Both are profitable but ofcourse pick altcoins that has the potential to boost its price. Also if in doubt do some research which will be the best to invest in 2018.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

It seems like bitcoin has grown a staggering amount in the last year and people are looking at other cryptocurrencies to replicate the results. Bitcoin has the biggest market share and overall popularity but it 's surprising how much other altcoins like Ethereum, Litecoin and others are gaining traction.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Typogre12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:01:28 PM

Bitcoin and choose some altcoins this will lead always as cryptocurrency. Both are profitable but ofcourse pick altcoins that has the potential to boost its price. Also if in doubt do some research which will be the best to invest in 2018.

Right! A good research will help him decide what altcoins he should invest in 2018. Try to invest on coins that have recently gone down but still stays stable.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:02:43 PM

It seems like bitcoin has grown a staggering amount in the last year and people are looking at other cryptocurrencies to replicate the results. Bitcoin has the biggest market share and overall popularity but it 's surprising how much other altcoins like Ethereum, Litecoin and others are gaining traction.

All of the alts have insanely outperformed BTC since 2014. You'd have to be very stupid or unlucky to have done worse with alts. That makes me wonder whether people feel entitled to alt gains that will no longer be in the bag. You can go a long way on empty promises but I wonder how far.

It depends on whether you believe in a rising tide raising all boats. I suppose there are so many newcomers now that's possibly more valid than ever. Let's see.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:51:14 PM

I mean, a lot of people are getting excited that Coinbase is going to add more altcoins next year, and I would be too since we can expect a massive increase in the price of some altcoins. But I doub't it's going to be the year of altcoins, Bitcoin will still be around, you know? and stronger than ever once SegWit and the Lightning Network are fully working. If anything, is going to be year of Bitcoin.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:51:59 PM

until a real altcoin is created that is something apart from being a pump and dump, the answer to your question is the same:
bitcoin for both short and long term.
and altcoins for short term only.

in fact in short term, specifically in a couple of days to a week (mostly day trading) altcoins can be much better than bitcoin because they get pumped and rise >100% in a day or so. and you can make profit only if you catch the pump.

and at the end of the day, it depends on you. for most people are not traders, so they choose a safe option and go with bitcoin instead.

There is a FOMO brewing...
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:49:40 PM

Each of of coin you can expect a good return. I have a little doubt on Ripple and Doge coin. You can subdivide your investment into the each coin and that is a better idea than investing in a single coin.

Typogre12

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:02:30 PM

Each of of coin you can expect a good return. I have a little doubt on Ripple and Doge coin. You can subdivide your investment into the each coin and that is a better idea than investing in a single coin.

Your correct. It is always a good idea to invest to all of the coins that have potentials than focus on one coin.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:14:04 PM

I will choose both as an investment, I see that when I rely on one of them then it will be quite risky. So choosing Bitcoin and altcoin could be the best choice, I might divide the portion by 70% for Bitcoin and 30% for investment in Altcoin.

That is one strategy that can make me get the best results because in 2018 we will not know what will happen. While currently Bitcoin and Altcoin are experiencing a positive trend and movement looks green, which means an increase compared to before.
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:16:06 PM

I think 2018 too will be a great year for Bitcoin.You can not go wrong with investing in Bitcoin if you hodl long term.Don't invest in non recongnized ico.Investing in altcoin in not bad either provided it's a well established crypto and have some good community support to back up the price Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:22:52 PM

Bitcoin, of course.

I've got rid of most of my altcoin stash on Bittrex last night. They can increase the price in fiat over time, but they will always be behind bitcoin, and you'll lose fractions of bitcoins in the process.

But I'm not a radical purist. I have a litecoin node and I still let my dash in Bittrex.
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:31:58 PM

Bitcoin and ethereum are still the best to invest your money on 2018. Bitcoin is in demand many people have recognized it, there will be more investors getting into bitcoin and Ethereum is next to bitcoin everytime that bitcoin rise up ethereum does it too.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:49:45 PM

Why can't it be both?

Same, I think choosing one is much riskier than having both bitcoin and altcoin investments. It’s better to have two option and can also lessen the probability of losses because two is better than one. But you must choose the best and promising alternative currency like litecoin or ethereum. So always take time to think to eventually get the best.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:12:51 PM

Why can't it be both?

yes why not?
there are so many threads of people asking for a choice between 2 or more cryptos,
like Litecoin and Ethereum for example, same question applies, why cant it be both?

bitcoin should be in everyones portfolio.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:30:55 PM

Both are great to be invested in, but if compared, Bitcoin still holds the tag to remain one of the safest investments in 2018 knowingly.
Speculators have claimed that Bitcoin can give a hyperbolic $60k shot during mid-term 2018 and if that's going to be true (even if we see a $40k which is >200% of the current price), I guess Bitcoin still holds majority of investments to be held during next year too as well as altcoins may conquer the "pump" competition in terms of price surge, but the way they will crash will be worst and so, Bitcoin remains the safest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: