Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the standard for cryptsy.com choosing new altcoin?  (Read 2241 times)
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:40:56 AM

OK, I want to re-initiate this discussion, BigVern/BigJohn, can you please let us know what are the standard to get listed in cryptsy?

I see ORB get listed: it is a coin with 1 mil premine and 1.5 total coins, so 66% are premined, is this a joke? If this can be listed, which one can not?

I see GIL get listed: didn't we say that coins with premine will be less priority to be listed in cryptsy? GIL premined 300K. Is it because Hydro and his company chant "GIL" in the cryptsy chat every day?

Why not list GLX? 0 premined
Why not list HBN? 0 premined
Why not list STR? 0 premined
Why not list PHS? 0 premined
Why not list GDC? 0 premined

There are so many great coins out there, I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I like cryptsy, and I traded almost daily there, but as many other people, I also want to see cryptsy be fair and we want to trade good coins there too. Thank you cryptsy.

QFT

You gotta wonder about the logic behind Cryptsy's selections. GIL - IMO just pre-mined junk and its listed overnight. Theres numerous other coins too that shouldnt be on there, and plenty that should be. At the end of the day Cryptsy doesnt give 2 shits about the miners. Move over to Coins-E. Its just as good an exchange as cryptsy and given the volume it could be much better.
ur1highmotherfuckerifyouthinkcoinseisbetterthancryptsy.

A lot of miners in Cryptsy chat chanted GIL, because a lot of miners, like GIL, and wanted GIL to be added to Cryptsy. Because BigVern cares about miners, and miners wanted GIL, BigVern decided to add GIL. I'm not going to talk about premining, because I'm tired of repeating myself.
I am an extremely active coin dev. I continue to support my coins, long after they hit an exchange.
I don't think you really pay that much attention to what's going on around here. GIL was released about 3 week's ago. Coins-e adds coins, that have nothing new, or offer nothing, in terms of being useful, ever, pretty much hours after release. I'm sure there's nothing shady going on there. I guess coins-e must have added coins that you had large stakes in, for you to say it's better than Cryptsy, considering Coins-e is the most crooked exchange around.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:55:12 PM

Needs a higher standard because of too many shitcoin these days!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:26:48 PM

OK, I want to re-initiate this discussion, BigVern/BigJohn, can you please let us know what are the standard to get listed in cryptsy?

I see ORB get listed: it is a coin with 1 mil premine and 1.5 total coins, so 66% are premined, is this a joke? If this can be listed, which one can not?

I see GIL get listed: didn't we say that coins with premine will be less priority to be listed in cryptsy? GIL premined 300K. Is it because Hydro and his company chant "GIL" in the cryptsy chat every day?

Why not list GLX? 0 premined
Why not list HBN? 0 premined
Why not list STR? 0 premined
Why not list PHS? 0 premined
Why not list GDC? 0 premined

There are so many great coins out there, I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I like cryptsy, and I traded almost daily there, but as many other people, I also want to see cryptsy be fair and we want to trade good coins there too. Thank you cryptsy.

QFT

You gotta wonder about the logic behind Cryptsy's selections. GIL - IMO just pre-mined junk and its listed overnight. Theres numerous other coins too that shouldnt be on there, and plenty that should be. At the end of the day Cryptsy doesnt give 2 shits about the miners. Move over to Coins-E. Its just as good an exchange as cryptsy and given the volume it could be much better.
ur1highmotherfuckerifyouthinkcoinseisbetterthancryptsy.

A lot of miners in Cryptsy chat chanted GIL, because a lot of miners, like GIL, and wanted GIL to be added to Cryptsy. Because BigVern cares about miners, and miners wanted GIL, BigVern decided to add GIL. I'm not going to talk about premining, because I'm tired of repeating myself.
I am an extremely active coin dev. I continue to support my coins, long after they hit an exchange.
I don't think you really pay that much attention to what's going on around here. GIL was released about 3 week's ago. Coins-e adds coins, that have nothing new, or offer nothing, in terms of being useful, ever, pretty much hours after release. I'm sure there's nothing shady going on there. I guess coins-e must have added coins that you had large stakes in, for you to say it's better than Cryptsy, considering Coins-e is the most crooked exchange around.

chat in cryptsy used to be a nice to exchange info before you guys changed it to an advertisement place, I felt annoyed to see these ads especially from you each time just chant this stupid Gil, so I use no more chat these days. What is even a more shame is that this stupid ad even works.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 12:38:22 AM

Cryptsy chat is now filled by promoters/haters/trollers and so on  Sad

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Alex P

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:21:30 AM

The standard for any coin to be listed on Cryptsy or any other exchange if MONETary incentives!  Isn't is so obvious?  Any world you live in will be motivated by MULA.  Denaro.. Chen!, YEN, EURO..etc

Cryptsy chat is now filled by promoters/haters/trollers and so on  Sad
wantrepreneur

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:14:50 PM

Like any exchange, the bigger it gets the more effective trolling/advertising is.

logicalogic

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:36:44 PM

I too was wondering this and why Cloud Coin hasn't shown up on crypsty,  It doesn't have the orphan or stale problems like fast coin or digicoin, its got a good balance of features and a solid algorithm with POS/POW that should make it safe and last a long time.
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:06:12 PM

I too was wondering this and why Cloud Coin hasn't shown up on crypsty,  It doesn't have the orphan or stale problems like fast coin or digicoin, its got a good balance of features and a solid algorithm with POS/POW that should make it safe and last a long time.
Its on the list it just has a 1Mil premine so will weight it down under any fair release coin.
coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:13:50 PM

Its on the list it just has a 1Mil premine so will weight it down under any fair release coin.

Unless it's FOR SCIENCE!!

Wink
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:19:44 PM

or orphans premines for the orphans is also a good cause.

Folks should premine out of pocket in BTC and pay bounties to pools with that to be honest. From what I have seen most of the good pool providers don't require a bounty anyhow and cryptsy doesn't require a bounty for listing. So whats the point?
coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:27:54 PM

or orphans premines for the orphans is also a good cause.

Folks should premine out of pocket in BTC and pay bounties to pools with that to be honest. From what I have seen most of the good pool providers don't require a bounty anyhow and cryptsy doesn't require a bounty for listing. So whats the point?

Yeah - there are a couple of coins where I think the owners would have been better off to avoid posting bounties.

I might do something for fun, or "for crypto" - But when someone offers the equivalent of $1 - 3 for a shitload of work I just leave it alone.

monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 11:34:19 PM

Agree, no premine is needed for any legit reasons except to give devs a quick pump and dump. Cryptsy should really put premined coins to the bottom of the list and any chants or advertisements in the cryptsy chat should move the corresponding coins downwards in the list and not upwards.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:08:16 AM

Agree, no premine is needed for any legit reasons except to give devs a quick pump and dump. Cryptsy should really put premined coins to the bottom of the list and any chants or advertisements in the cryptsy chat should move the corresponding coins downwards in the list and not upwards.

For the most part with a few exception any fair release coin will always be at the top over any premine now. All coin decisions in the end are a business decision and can change at anytime.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: