Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:53:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralizing centralized exchanges  (Read 85 times)
mayuri27 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:49:38 PM

Virtual currencies seem to be the way of the future.  It offers decentralized freedom from both greedy governments and handsy financial corporations who are ready and willing to take your hard-earned money.

Even though this is a common sentiment among crypto enthusiasts, these very same users are actually using centralized exchange platforms to keep their money.  It may not be the bank holding their funds, but those funds are still being held, only now by the operators of the exchange.

An additional threat to these centralized exchanges are hackers.  Security breaches have been reported by many well-known exchanges, including Bitfinex, and more recently, NiceHash.

As crypto’s popularity and adoption grows, so too does the need to have a safe and secure decentralized method to convert your fiat to crypto and vice versa.  Blockchain seems to be the answer as its completely decentralized, which is one of its selling points, which will allow users complete control over what happens to the funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:09:35 PM

Virtual currencies seem to be the way of the future.  It offers decentralized freedom from both greedy governments and handsy financial corporations who are ready and willing to take your hard-earned money.

Even though this is a common sentiment among crypto enthusiasts, these very same users are actually using centralized exchange platforms to keep their money.  It may not be the bank holding their funds, but those funds are still being held, only now by the operators of the exchange.

An additional threat to these centralized exchanges are hackers.  Security breaches have been reported by many well-known exchanges, including Bitfinex, and more recently, NiceHash.

As crypto’s popularity and adoption grows, so too does the need to have a safe and secure decentralized method to convert your fiat to crypto and vice versa.  Blockchain seems to be the answer as its completely decentralized, which is one of its selling points, which will allow users complete control over what happens to the funds.

Yes, I always recommended to use decentralized exchanges if you need to trade. Good choices include Waves and Etherdelta. P2P exchange on this forum can also be beneficial for small purchases.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: