Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Wallet - 6 years later  (Read 132 times)
FloridaBoy (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Hi All,

I'm FloridaBoy. Love freedom, hate govt.

New to the Crypto markets.
I'm an investor and software developer of web, games, and most things I find interesting (and money is the most interesting I find to code with now!)
I've spent the last 2 weeks getting up to speed on altcoins, wallets, miners, rigs, block chains, blocks, and everything.  (Wish I had done so back in July 2017 when I first looked into it.)

But, this ancient post here brings up a good point... what happens to "dead" wallets that owners have lost or abandoned?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14607.msg197015#msg197015

I laugh because in the post, the poster mentions someone throwing away a wallet with 0.01 BTC in it.  LOL Yeah, as of this writing, that is tossing 180 USD!

And while we are at it (because I'm an developer looking to help build the next service that doesn't exist)
Does every Alt-coin have its own wallet?  Meaning you have to keep track of them all if you wish to mine for them?  (Serious, blockchain storage!)
Are there services that you can add your wallets info to for tracking investments?
The one I started with is CoinBase... which I'm finding out is not a wallet at all (noob mistake)

"Dead" wallets, is there any self-cleaning to them at all or does this all need to be developed?

And finally, I might be looking to help work with those trying start up a new alt-coin for the right reasons.  PM me up if interested.

Best fortunes to all!
FloridaBoy (FB)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the_observer

Activity: 393
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 07:18:49 PM

There are many software and hardware waĺets out there which support many alt coins in the same wallet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: