Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:59:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex vs. Gdax  (Read 230 times)
sann111 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:15:41 PM

Why choose Bittrex over Gdax?
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:18:26 PM

What is Gdax, I have never heard of this exchange for 5 years.  Huh
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:24:07 PM

Bittrex - Because everything is smooth once you pass the enhanced verification process. They also have a good selection of altcoins.

GDAX - Because of low trading fees and no network fees. They only support BTC,ETH,LTC and fiat.

Depends on what altcoins you trade, if you only trade BTC,ETH or LTC, then go for GDAX all the way.
sann111 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:28:25 PM

If I keep bitcoin in blockchain.info  will I profit or is it just a wallet and not exchange?

If i transfer bitcoin from blockchain to bittrex, is there a fee?
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:33:27 PM

If I keep bitcoin in blockchain.info  will I profit or is it just a wallet and not exchange?

If i transfer bitcoin from blockchain to bittrex, is there a fee?

Blockchain.info is kind of a hybrid, they are a wallet provider which allows their users to have control of their private keys. Also they use Shapeshift as their internal exchange.
You will profit as long as you hold BTC, and BTC rise in price.
Yes, you have to pay a network fee for the transfer between blockchain.info's wallet and bittrex's wallet.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:58:04 PM

GDAX is relatively new compared to the other well known Bitcoin exchanges. It's acquired by Coinbase to serve as a seperate exchange initially dedicated to professional traders, but it has been growing nicely where now even non professional entities trade there too. In current times GDAX is probably the best and most capable exchange in the market.

OP; If you consider to make use of Bittrex, or even GDAX, you must understand that you have to verify your account. Bittrex has been dealing with a whole lot of complaints recently due to their idiotic behavior, causing accounts (even legacy accounts) to be blocked for quite a long time. I also read stories that those who successfully verified themselves at the first level, they suddenly had to deal with even lower daily withdrawal limits. All to force people to verify themselves where a scan of their ID and a selfie is needed. Think it through before you decide to sign up.
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:09:02 AM

Bittrex and Gdax are two absolutely dissimilar exchanges. Bittrex is much versatile exchange which has enormous amount of coins listed while Gdax limits its listing to merely top few coins but has large volumes for such pairs.

Bittrex: Bittrex is for traders most of the trading is done on this platform therefore you won't see much USDT pairing up here most of the traders settle for btc trading. Bittrex however limits your withdrawls and requires certain level of verification which they call basic verification where you merely need to verify your mobile number. This gives you 1 BTC withdrawal limit similarly they have a enhanced verification for higher withdrawals limits.

GDax: Its much more of a saving types exchange for new comers. People come here with their USD to buy some bitcoins for the first time. Gdax generally comes on top in volume moreover has various fiat pairs with btc like USD, EUR, GBP. But its not a traders exchange as they have limited coins listed.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:19:22 AM

Bittrex has lots of altcoins and tokens to trade. GDAX doesn't. If you want to trade BTC, LTC or ETH as fiat pairs, then you'd want to use GDAX (better liquidity, better fees, and Bittrex only has USDT). There are no maker fees or network withdrawal fees on GDAX. I also feel like it's a safer exchange, given its licensing and VC backing.

GDAX is operated by Coinbase. It's their order book exchange. Coinbase is just the wallet interface with simple buy/sell functions where they fleece newbies with high fees. It's really not for trading. GDAX has much lower trading commissions.

eyesopen

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:52:31 AM

gdax has zero fees but bittrex has a greater amount of coin listings.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:44:16 AM

kind of hard to compare them really. bittrex has millions more coins than gdax but it doesn't have the backing that gdax has. gdax's behavior is also influenced by it being the first stop for noobs which is why often prices are very different to other exchanges.

i would assume that if i had a serious problem i'd have a better chance of getting it resolved eventually with gdax.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:36:47 PM

i would assume that if i had a serious problem i'd have a better chance of getting it resolved eventually with gdax.
Bittrex, like all other altcoin exchanges is incapable of properly maintaining a good status. It was all fine when they were still in the smaller form, but everything changed once they have grown bigger.

Poloniex has gone through the exact same problems. For some reason the altcoin exchanges can't deal with everything legally, which shows why they are struggling so badly with everything.

I was quite a fan of Bittrex, like how I was initially a fan of Poloniex, but they didn't manage to operate their exchange like other main Bitcoin exchanges do, which is something I find quite worrying with an eye on the future.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: