Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.bitcoinza.com - BitFury Asic Units!  (Read 15547 times)
leadnor (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

For the Community! By the Community!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 11:43:11 PM by leadnor

Hey everyone.

We have been in talks with Bitfury for a while now and are proud to announce that we will be supplying BitFury asic units to the community.

A bit about us.
We are a community based project here in South Africa, that decided to come together to create www.bitcoinza.com

As a lot of the current ASIC manufacturers out there only ship to the UK, or USA or certain parts of the globe. We decided to bring in Asic units to South Africa, and supply Africa with Asic miners. We will be using Bitfury's chips as well as his PCB designs, which at the moment are the 8chip pcb units.

We are also busy setting up the African bitcoin foundation that will be run from South Africa through volunteers, and our goal is to get a system in place here in South Africa that is Bitcoin friendly, which will in turn be a BTC safehaven. This includes legal issues and talking to the banks etc.

Thanks to Bitfury we will be extremely competitive in the market when it comes to price and also timeframe as our units are expected to be finished by October and ready for shipment.
We will be using C-scape PCB design and control chips.

*UPDATE*

25GH/s   : 12BTC - Bitfury Minion
50GH/s   : 20BTC - Bitfury Gargoyle
100GH/s : 40BTC - Bitfury Goblin
200GH/s : 70BTC - Bitfury Ogre
400GH/s : 120BTC - Bitfury Wizard

We will not open ourselves up for Pre-Orders, as we want to finish our testing phase. Which should be done within the next 2 weeks. And hopefully we will have a few other units available other than the 24GH/s option.

We will be selling the units in 4 initial batches which will be in batches of 25TH/s each. So as not to flood the market, and to give the network time to stabilize.
Should the 4 batches be sold before the end of the year, we will not ship any more units until next year, (probably February march) once again, to give the network time to stabilize. This is a promise we make to everyone.

We will be shipping worldwide.

Please message me if you have any questions.
Post them here on the forum.
Send me a personal mail to dewet@bitcoinza.com
Or to our support mail support@bitcoinza.com

And visit our site, www.bitcoinza.com
Any suggestion from the community to the SA community let us know.
Check our our new Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/BitCoinZA

**edit
Please note our goal is not to undercut other asic manufacturers. But our goal is to stay competitive with prices for the international market. Plus giving our local community the option of getting an asic without having to pay the extra Import tax. And on top of that, we will be helping the South African and African bitcoin Foundation with funding and assistance where we can, and also providing them with monthly support. That is why we say,
For the community, By the Community Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
BitCoin : 15e1QneZebxTZKwexnGmQMN9VzwR9DCsTf
LiteCoin : LcCKETJgjCVYoBc8Ep4JuaZKrPoQvZz6Vp
YAC - YL8SrYKDeS8NXAj7gQsLXTP5dXFgy63Txz - Yacoin Forum Moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:54:19 PM

Good luck.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
bitfury

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:45:01 PM

reserved
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:59:22 PM

Looks good

Message me if you have any problems
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 03:17:43 PM

Thanks. Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
dawie

Activity: 115

BTC for a better world

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:20:15 PM

Hi leadnor

This is exciting news for Bitcoin in South Africa, Africa and Bitcoin mining in general.
In the spirit of getting Bitcoin’s footprint rolled out throughout the world, being part of the South African initiative is absolutely spectacular.
We are all looking forward to working together to make this a great success.

I am indeed bookmarking this post.

Bitcoin FTW

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

Thanks Dawie Smiley if you need any information let me know

www.bitcoinza.com
icebear888

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:15:45 AM

This is GREAT news!!

I am definitely going to want to order some of these units!!
Rora

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:06:17 AM

Absolutely great news!
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:04:51 PM

Thanks for all the support guys. To give South Africans the opportunity to get local asic miners. As well as being one of the lead asic unit suppliers worldwide(in terms of cost/ghs/timeframe) is an honor.

We have also dedicated roughly 20+ percent that will go to the company and the South African,  and African bitcoin foundation. This is to help them with any legal fees, etc that they might come across.

www.bitcoinza.com
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:25:59 PM

As well as being one of the lead asic unit suppliers worldwide(in terms of cost/ghs/timeframe) is an honor.

You have to earn that title, you don't gift it to yourself.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:39:55 PM

Thanks for all the support guys. To give South Africans the opportunity to get local asic miners. As well as being one of the lead asic unit suppliers worldwide(in terms of cost/ghs/timeframe) is an honor.

We have also dedicated roughly 20+ percent that will go to the company and the South African,  and African bitcoin foundation. This is to help them with any legal fees, etc that they might come across.

By my calculations, aren't you twice the $cost per Gh as Megabigpower.com?
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:54:57 PM

I do apologize. The previous post was supposed to say
"that our goal is to become... " hehe mistyped.  Smiley

As well as being becoming one of the lead asic unit suppliers worldwide(in terms of cost/ghs/timeframe) iswould an honor.

There Cheesy thanks for pointing that out.

www.bitcoinza.com
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 01:09:41 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2013, 01:33:27 PM by leadnor

We have also dedicated roughly 20+ percent that will go to the company and the South African,  and African bitcoin foundation. This is to help them with any legal fees, etc that they might come across.

By my calculations, aren't you twice the $cost per Gh as Megabigpower.com?

Please explain your calculations?

Megabigpower is as follows
$1300 (Or 13BTC working off a $100/btc mark) for 25 GH/s "starter kit"
Our price is
10-12BTC for a 24GH/s unit? So we are cheaper.

How is that twice the cost per GH/s? Plus with megabigpower you still have to assemble etc.

The 400GH/s "Starter kit" is $8000  * Please note that this is a Full kit, but as far as I know you would still need to assemble the chips and the unit. I am unsure though of this one. **edit** if I am not mistaken this is also ex vat. We are trying to get these prices vat inclusive. we might need to show the ex vat prices if we are going to ship overseas. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, so that we can make this clearer on our site.**We are 110btc "estimation" (we are waiting for our final quotations)

Our hope is to get the 400GH/s units price down by quite a lot. But that will be confirmed in around 2 weeks.
That means we are just a bit more expensive on our estimations on the 400GH/s unit.
So please explain how when we are cheaper on the 24-25 unit. plus we dont give the starter kit. We give a unit. and on the 400 units(estimations from our side please remember. full prices will be up in 2 weeks) we are just a bit above them. but once again we supply full asic miners.

I appreciate your comment and we are working towards getting our 400GH/s units price down. In negotiations with the PCB manufacturers and assemblers to get the price down.  

Smiley let me know if you have any further queries, or suggestions

www.bitcoinza.com
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:14:04 PM

It isn't clear from your post that you are including the m-board and raspberry pi with all your models.

Do you have any plans to sell just the m-board (i.e. no asics).
If so, how much would you be charging?
Also, since those won't require bitfury asics, would they be available sooner than the H-boards (which do required Asics).
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

It isn't clear from your post that you are including the m-board and raspberry pi with all your models.

Do you have any plans to sell just the m-board (i.e. no asics).
If so, how much would you be charging?
Also, since those won't require bitfury asics, would they be available sooner than the H-boards (which do required Asics).

Hi jspeilberg,

thanks for the comment. This is why we brought out this thread before our final pricing and final models are out. We want feedback from the community regarding what they would like to have available.

Our initial thoughts where to have full "units" being sold and not just the PCB's.
But if the community would like that we could think about adding that option as well.
Where we would just have the m-boards being sold.

I will also see that we make a change regarding the wording to make it more clear as to what we are offering. As the other companies show a certain price "excluding vat" and our prices are vat inclusive which pushes the competitors prices quite a bit above ours. I will have a look at specifying the pricing in a more clear fashion. Thanks. (*this will come in when we make our full pricing available*)

Let me know if I did not answer something clearly
thanks Smiley

www.bitcoinza.com
MadHasher

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:32:58 PM

Give the network time to stabilize? Is everybody insane? Do give ASIC Miner and company time to keep gobbling up hashrate and then panic when a large entity has amassed a big enough of the network's power.
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 01:48:19 PM

Give the network time to stabilize? Is everybody insane? Do give ASIC Miner and company time to keep gobbling up hashrate and then panic when a large entity has amassed a big enough of the network's power.

Hi MadHasher, I understand your frustration and worries regarding this. I just think that it would be beneficial to the community if asic dont just keep being pumped out. But gets released steadily , while giving time to adjust. I know this might be a pipedream and we will of course adjust our policies when the time comes and ask the community to give us feedback.

But it is good to "hope" that this will happen, and that everyone will join in the venture isnt it? hehe

www.bitcoinza.com
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:55:24 PM

Good luck getting all the greedy chinese to agree on any network stabilization efforts, as soon as Avalon gen2 is ready it will be pumped out like crazy. The idea is to sell ASICs as much as possible before people understand that buying one isn't profitable anymore. All sales are final is a great fooling phrase in this matter (guess who invented that...).
leadnor (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:14:55 PM

Good luck getting all the greedy chinese to agree on any network stabilization efforts, as soon as Avalon gen2 is ready it will be pumped out like crazy. The idea is to sell ASICs as much as possible before people understand that buying one isn't profitable anymore. All sales are final is a great fooling phrase in this matter (guess who invented that...).

Haha very true. But at least we are going to give it a try. Smiley

It would be beneficial to the btc community if that could happen. So let's give it a shot Cheesy

www.bitcoinza.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: