Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 02:25:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how do bitcoin futures contract work?  (Read 147 times)
BullRider (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:29:05 PM

Can anyone explain how the cme futures work. I didn't know anything about futures before this and i seem to be reading conflicting information on them.

The CNBC guy in the following link seems to be saying i would buy a contact at the current price and could set a SL and TP. It's done on 5 coins so any up or down is multiplied by 5. This to me is exactly the same as a cfd with 5x leverage. Is this not the case?

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/12/15/bitcoin-futures-are-about-to-get-another-big-boost.html

The other explanation i've seen is that i would agree to pay a certain amount for a bitcoin in the future. So say the current price is $20,000. I would agree that at the end of the month i would pay $22,000 for a bitcoin. If the price is $24,000 on this date i would make $2,000 and the person on the other side of the contract who is shorting bitcoin would lose $2,000.
BullRider (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:02:10 AM

I now understand how these contracts work after watching a video about them.  Grin
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:06:34 AM

Good you learnt yourself otherwise I was about to explain you.  Grin

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: