Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:56:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your altcoin goes up 50%. Options:  (Read 183 times)
kasunmadhush92 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:31:07 PM

Your altcoin goes up 50%. Options:
1. Hold. You think your alt will beat BTC returns.
2. Sell initial investment to BTC, leave rest in alt. You think BTC will beat your alt (or you are unsure).
3. Sell initial investment to USD, rest in alt. You think BTC and alt will go down....??
bosses

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:33:29 PM

2. Sell initial investment to BTC, leave rest in alt. You think BTC will beat your alt (or you are unsure).
3. Sell initial investment to USD, rest in alt. You think BTC and alt will go down....??

At the moment, I would have chosen option 3, because the market is very unstable, and in the near future there should be a serious correction of what I have no doubt about.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:54:06 PM

if investors was attaining beginning early of terms with the LHCrypto ico
then the fund has grows of the higher with 40 percent extras confronts to the initials

LHCrypto coin has with the initial price on offering with the price of $0.10
and now moves of the higher price ($0.144 )as investors might sees to gains with involvesment with the projects
as the ico schemes begins as 12/4/2017

details with the projects please visit http://lh-crypto.io

Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:24:24 PM

I invested on altcoin because I believe it is a good project and that it could mean something someday. 50% profit is too small if it will be big in the future. So I am holding.

But if it is just for trading, then 50% is enough profit. Dump and move on to the next investment.
Gloria_16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:05:53 PM

Pick up what was invested this important, and distribute the rest, part of the other coin and part of leave in growth.
drudeyoungsong

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:11:27 PM

If you have invested in altcoins with solid dev. team, a unique product solving a real world problem and good marketing, their value will  increase in the future as adoption increase. Such coins should be hodled as it is difficult to predict market swings (especially against btc) in the cryptocurrency market.
drudeyoungsong

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:20:45 PM

For an altcoin you only trade for financial gain, I would sell of a part of the btc gain, but leave some value in the altcoin, as it may continue to rise. Would also put a stop - limit at a price little above the price you bought the coin  for risk aversion.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:27:56 PM

The first question, was this alt a project that has a great development team and a plan to become useful? If not, it's just a pump so you should cash out.

Secondly, do you think that this is sustainable?: https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

The backlog is so bad, the site that tracks backlog is backlogged.

So BTC doesn't seem like a good option to me. I'd say hit a useful and dynamic alt with solid programmers and developers. Ones that have a business plan structure and not an amateur project with limited use. But take a little bit, invest in tons of long shot alts that you can cash out from later.

Use coinmarketcap and coingecko to analyze alts. Sort by trading volume, if a very low ranked coin has high volume and is on decent exchanges, it will probably rise.

Use Coingecko, they rank coins on market cap, developer activity, social media activity and so on. You can get a realistic picture of which coins are going to move up.

alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 08:45:53 PM

I sold all my altcoins
left only those who bought on ico
I hold 66% of the deposit now in bitcoin, 33% in usdt
scary when everything grows so fast
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:21:44 PM

For what is happening now into the flow of the value in the altcoins in the exchange site was very unstable actually. Only few of them are can be considered as real stable in price value which is Ethereum.  So I'm not sure if there is 50% goes up in the altcoin while bitcoin was being dumped now so far.
ahmetsusar

Activity: 70
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:32:54 PM

it depends volume  if volume still goes up same dont leave it
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:36:09 PM

If every time bitcoin went up by 50% people would have sold they would have given up huge gains by now though.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:36:13 PM

In the last week I have seen some of my altcoins rise up over 250%, then go all the way back down to under 10%....if I had taken the change to sell them during the climb, the re-buy once they reset again, I would have made a decent profit. In the future I will try and set a % I am looking for and once it hits I will sell and then buy again with those profits once it crashes back down again. With this market being so volatile you can certainly make a ton of cash doing what I just described. It would take a lot of patience and discipline though.
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:36:19 PM

Actually I am not in any hurry to get fast dividends, because when I decide to invest in an altcoin I always do it with knowledge of the great potential it can have, and all of us involved in this business know that an altcoin with good acceptance can multiply its value x100 or more in the medium term, which is why I prefer to be patient and not waste my precious investments by selling them with a 30 or 50% profit.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:28:09 PM

I never suppose for so high growing rates. As for me it is better to get guaranteed profit less than 20% than take a risk. I hold my savings in some well-known currencies and I am don’t worried at all.
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 02:34:07 PM

It is good news. I am glad to hear it. We must ready because this news will happen until the next year. I think option one is not bad. Just waiting for many time Altcoin will increase guys. Come on and don't miss about it Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:35:01 PM

Dash has been on fire lately, it'll be climbing that market cap to the top soon enough. Just a bit of advanced advice, pick some up and hodl. The talent is there, a plan is in place.

denysrodman

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:06:32 PM

The market is growing very fast. Why is that? People buy gifts in the form of Crypto-currency for the New Year? Literally, +150 billion capitalization per week. We see the violas fly straight up. But Bitcoin stands still. Many now are afraid to go into Bitcoin, because they choose altas. Do not forget, if there is a strong correction in Bitcoin, no violas will save us, they will fall even harder. I, as before, have a negative attitude towards such a take-off of the market, although I myself am making good money on it.

I think one day I will go to the Fiat, because I feel there will be something wrong with the market before NG, many will withdraw money for gifts, financial organizations will record their profits, etc.

Too much we have earned in the crypt in recent months, so you should not be greedy, this is the main rule of cryptology. It is better to fix profits and not chase all the money in the world. Everything has its time.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:18:13 PM

One coins goes up,My strategy is to take profit and allow the remaining to flowing in the space.To avoid dumping untimely I do detailed research on different altcoin,to decide when best to sell and buy
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 11:25:18 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 10:12:39 AM by bitcub

Before the movement of BTC from 6k to 8k usd,  or 8k to 10k will give you 20% to 40% movement percentage which makes altcoins fell so hard.

Now if BTC moves from 16k to 18k,  20k to 22k, or 44k to 46k,  77k to 79k or higher will give only a very little percentage. So the result both alts and bitcoin will go up.

#altcoins-season

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: