Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:07:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for improving post quality?  (Read 4809 times)
King_G_

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:26:36 PM

I have some suggestions for making a good quality post.
As a jr.member I know I have to make constructive posts and for that I make sure that my posts do not contain any irrelevant things like repeating the question many times or any extra lines unrelated to the topic.
The most important advice would be that do not copy anyone's posts or ideas , that is not going to help.
The new Merit system is great for getting good quality posts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:40:26 PM

Creating the "serious discussion" section can be good idea before removing signature globally. If it can be done without this poster restrictions then that would be better (everyone should have equal right).

This has already been created: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=250.0

Now I can smell it  Grin

ImageLoading...

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
RzeroD

Activity: 272
Merit: 107

Paranoid In Chief

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:31:30 PM
Merited by hilariousetc (2), JayJuanGee (1)

The main flaw of the ranks is to have focused exclusively on the activity of the users since having a lot of activity doesn't imply that you publish a lot of quality content. In this way, you are encouraging the publication of a lot of content instead of the publication of quality content.

Now that you have implemented the merit system, I would harden as much as possible the requirements for obtaining new ranks by increasing the requirements of merit. For this, you should configure the sources of merit so that they encourage the creation of good content and, in my opinion, also giving priority to other users giving you merit (similar to a +1 system, as mentioned above). During the configuration, you must take into account which sources can be exploited automatically with bots and which ones can not and you will have to maintain a good balance so that the ranks are obtainable but without it being very easy.

Then, the signatures and other additions in the upper ranks would be the reward for good behaviour and for contributing to the forum. Those who want to earn money with signature campaigns should be useful to the forum and contribute, otherwise, the purpose of the forum is completely distorted and it becomes a money-making machine.

- Removing signatures or sig ads globally. Requiring payment to wear sig ads.
Integrating the changes I mentioned above wouldn't require removing them and would be a less abrupt change for the community. I'm curious about how you would implement it to differentiate between users who participate in a signature campaign and those who don't.

Banning account sales.
This should be banned and prosecuted. Many here say that it wouldn't solve anything because, in the end, the sales of accounts would move to other forums. But it's a question of authority and common sense: don't allow in this forum activities that are not wanted.

Merit points would be awarded in a monthly vote on best posts of the previous month, with various measures (TBD) to prevent gaming of the vote. Winning merit points might also come with a BTC prize.
This would be too tedious and wouldn't solve anything: either the restrictions to vote are very soft and the system can be abused, or the restrictions to vote are very high and this becomes an oligarchy. In addition, the "prize" doesn't have to be BTC, it has to be a common incentive that shows the appreciation that the forum makes of the user, without the prize being succulent enough to be worth automating.

Create or designate some sections as "serious discussion" sections, with no signatures.
This would be just a patch, users would stop spamming in those forums but wouldn't cause users to participate in them to create quality content. They could continue to be used to increase activity.

In those sections or maybe in different ones, also have poster restrictions such as Member rank or above only.
Same error as before: a high rank doesn't imply (currently at least) that you post quality content. It would be an entry barrier to the forum and, if widely used, would increase account sales in order to participate in those threads.

And/or allow topic-creators to set these restrictions on their topics, similar to selfmod topics.
If you make signatures and be able to participate in signature campaigns to become a prize, it would take away the advantages of the effort made to achieve it. Also, it wouldn't be necessary because only good content creators and contributors would have access to them.

Maybe at the beginning it will be quite restrictive, but it will make the forum grow healthy.
subduedworsted

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:25:36 AM

Write the words "quality post" and post it and Voila! You have created a quality post LOL
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:18:05 AM

~all his content
I'm not sure about you being allowed to insert GIF, but care to review this.

Signature Restrictions

Is this supposed to be a sarcastic answer or you're just being stupid?

Write the words "quality post" and post it and Voila! You have created a quality post LOL

This is the reason why people like you exists in this forum, you're one of those people thought that spamming posts would earn Merit in the long run. But no, in truth you don't understand the Merit System even in a bit.

Work on improving your self to make quality posts and not like this kind of post that means nothing and can only be considered as a spam post, that is obviously not contributing anything to the forum.

EDIT:
Read first what is the topic all about. Reply what is really in your heart...express it through a good grammar and quality post. Select word which is common and do not used unfamiliar word. Just be your self in answering the topic.

Being yourself, expressing what's in your heart is not enough. Even if you use good grammar that makes it a quality post its still not gonna do the job. The most important element you need is knowledge, if you have the information about the topic you can easily say what is needed.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:20:38 AM

Read first what is the topic all about. Reply what is really in your heart...express it through a good grammar and quality post. Select word which is common and do not used unfamiliar word. Just be your self in answering the topic.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:40:30 AM

Though this kind of constructing post do not work out these days(it don't really work but sometimes it is). You must be really knowledgeable not only someone that is expressing your heart, that is just like expressing your emotions and not expressing what you really know.

If you want to improve your post quality, you need a massive information in order for you to give opinions to other members about a certain topic. Reading is the best way to improve our posts, Heart is good to be expressed to your loved ones but not in this forum. Members need knowledge, the reason this site called a forum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
solovev

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:21:55 PM

1)  Big part of the new users are not following/ reading the rules.  But there are also not so well organized rules and it's not easy to find them. Newbies keep asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe this is the way to improve other members Activity points.

2)  The search engine is poor in search options and it's not easy to find what actually you are looking for. I couldn't sort by date the results and I had to scroll quite a lot.

1) agree to this, it is irritating to see the same questions being asked again and again. Most common question is "How can I get merit". Even if you tell them the answer, they do not follow the advice and keep making shit posts. Just one change is needed to reduce this- official thread about merit system should be made sticky.

2) That is the common issue with most of the forums as they use the default forum software search. You can try searching for information using Google and mention bitcointalk.org at end of the keyword.
veroniquee

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:32:10 AM

You should have quality posts and for that you need to have enormous venture in btc world
gordeevaar

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:48:18 AM

Does not seem to be working. Your post that I have quoted contains those words but it still looks like shit post. Try other variations next time.

I think the members should spend more time on reading first. This alone will solve most of the problems. Especially, the members who are replying in meta section need to be aware of the latest rules here. Then only can they can give appropriate replies to the questions being asked by new members.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:36:10 AM

Yeah, some people using very unfamiliar words just to say that they are good in english, which is not required to do, what important is try to construct an answer that is easy to understand but it should be informative also.
fornaxplayed

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:23:05 PM

Take time to read the posts of Higher members, their projection pattern and discussions and act likewise
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:38:03 PM

Take time to read the posts of Higher members, their projection pattern and discussions and act likewise
It's hard to compose a good quality post, for me it takes almost 15 minutes after posting I reviewed not twice but thrice before I click the post. Although English is not the native language we are just trying hard to learn more in English speaking here in the forum, that's right mate just look the others post or read better the OP statement before you comment.
Keep always reading here in a forum and learned a lot in every section here.
DaftAjax

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

~snip~
Yeah, some people using very unfamiliar words just to say that they are good in english, which is not required to do, what important is try to construct an answer that is easy to understand but it should be informative also.

Because they are good in English. If some unfamiliar words pop up and you don't seem to understand, then just search for it (you have internet for God's sake). Your lack of familiarity to those words are not their fault, its yours, you lack the knowledge in understanding it. English being not your mother tongue is not an excuse.

Honestly, its easy to understand, just improve your vocabulary and grammar and you'll be able to comprehend what's that person is saying.

~snip~

Does not seem to be working. Your post that I have quoted contains those words but it still looks like shit post. Try other variations next time.

He's obviously trolling you. LOL  Tongue

~snip~

I think the members should spend more time on reading first. This alone will solve most of the problems. Especially, the members who are replying in meta section need to be aware of the latest rules here. Then only can they can give appropriate replies to the questions being asked by new members.

If most of the members would only realize it. I mean, if they would just read first, be familiarized in the forum and what is the forum all about, it could significantly reduce spam replies.

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
DaftAjax

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:55:57 PM

1)  Big part of the new users are not following/ reading the rules. But there are also not so well organized rules and it's not easy to find them. Newbies keep asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe this is the way to improve other members Activity points.

Because for the first time they join the forum, they will be prompted in the main page which contains all the sections of the forum which for them is very confusing, and contains a lot of information to be taken in for their fist time (unless its an alt account, there's no problem).

If you didn't find all sorts of rules that are implemented in the forum, you can find all of them in here:
Beginners and Help

But, this thread is straight to the point: Newbies - Read before posting

2)  The search engine is poor in search options and it's not easy to find what actually you are looking for. I couldn't sort by date the results and I had to scroll quite a lot.

Well I though that has the same search engine as google. I tried to search and words that are closer to what you want to find just pops up, but not entirely the exact thing you wanted.

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
bobrova

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:12:34 PM

Because for the first time they join the forum, they will be prompted in the main page which contains all the sections of the forum which for them is very confusing, and contains a lot of information to be taken in for their fist time (unless its an alt account, there's no problem).

Any member who is serious enough with the account he is creating here should spend enough time learning the rules first. There can be options added like making the users read all the rules at the time of sign up but people just click " I have read all the rules"  and thus it will not be effective.

It is hard to distinguish between members breaking rules because they were new or unaware of the rules and ones who are doing this intentionally for some benefit. We may create a requirement for members to make an introduction here before posting anything and there others can suggest him the links to rules.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: