Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto-wallets that REQUIRE you to download the blockchain  (Read 90 times)
Redlinebitminer (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:02:29 AM

Hey all. Not sure if this is the place to post this but I have a question. I am looking for wallets that REQUIRE you to download the whole blockchain in order to use it. Case in point is Siacoin. She needs the whole core to be downloaded to use the wallet. I have a buddy who wants to do some investing and wants to hold a bunch on wallets instead of on exchanges. He wanted to know which altcoins absolutely need to have the core downloaded to use the wallet. Are there any other coins besides SC that need the core?

Thanks!
LAODINGTOU

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:04:51 AM

Most of the money is decentralized, so you need to download the whole blockchain data, unless you have a simple wallet and a full wallet to download.
Redlinebitminer (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

I know that the wallet from the official website is probably best but I think he wants multi-crypto wallets like Jaxx. But Jaxx doesn't support Sia because Sia needs the whole blockchain downloaded to use the wallet. So to get the wallet I needed to download the SC core UI. Does that make sense? I may not be articulating myself correctly lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: