Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It is too late to start mining?  (Read 516 times)
tuananh639393 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:19:26 AM

Hi everyone, I only have 3-4 months in Cryptopcurrency, I do trading, and investing in some ICOs also. I just start thinking about Mining and interested in that, but I wonder that is it too late to invest in this field since I know that more and more people get involved in Mining and it  more difficult to Mine, reduce the profit,v.v...
Could you guys give me some advice, I really appreciate that, and whether I join in this, what is the best now to mine: I consider between ETH and Zcash, may be you guys have the others option.

Thank you very much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ben8jam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:24:01 AM

Yes, it's too late. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 02:24:48 AM

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin
YES some of us got lucky , made some money with mining
YES some of us got unlucky , lost some money , bc when price started to fall , sold the coins , miners

ORIGINAL TOPIC HERE Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
LSteve

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:40:29 AM

You just have to do your own analysis, every business is a risk. I haven't started but I already ordered equipment to build my first rig with future plans of expansion. If assuming flat pricing for the particular Crypto to be mined  I'll get a payback period of less than year,  there are very few investments that will get you that that kind of return, and that's a conservative scenario not considering any upside.

Do your research and only go in if you feel comfortable. Perhaps your're saying it's too late cause you missed the train and missed those huge Bitcoin returns but this market is just starting.
mountrock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:44:16 AM

I have never done mining either. In my opinion it is all about economic calculation.
tuananh639393 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:47:28 AM

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !
It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin
YES some of us got unlucky , lost some money , bc when price started to fall , sold the coins , miners

Thanks you so much Cheesy
cn1

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:50:31 AM

...what is the best now to mine: I consider between ETH and Zcash, may be you guys have the others option.

whattomine.com might help you decide.

It's obviously still worth doing for many, many people because many, many people still mine  Grin

How worthwhile for you, if at all, will depend on variables such as power costs, hardware on hand or cost if purchasing, temperature/space, etc

danialzo

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:02:32 AM

No one can tell you !
Do your own research !

Liked the answer! Pretty much telling us the story and 2 different perspectives. I'd say asking this question means that you probably heard the news, don't have enough information nor trying to acquire. IMHO you should look at mining as a long term risky investment (both time and money).

1. Understand the cryptocurrency (no need to know very technical details)
2. Research about the mineable coins
3. Pick few coins you understand, love, and believe
4. Find out how much you can afford to invest (as old saying "Never invest money you cannot afford to lose")
5. Find out what hardware is best matching your budget and coins you love
6. Suggest to think it as a long term investment
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:20:34 AM

Hi everyone, I only have 3-4 months in Cryptopcurrency, I do trading, and investing in some ICOs also. I just start thinking about Mining and interested in that, but I wonder that is it too late to invest in this field since I know that more and more people get involved in Mining and it  more difficult to Mine, reduce the profit,v.v...
Could you guys give me some advice, I really appreciate that, and whether I join in this, what is the best now to mine: I consider between ETH and Zcash, may be you guys have the others option.

Thank you very much.

Generally not worth it.  If you want to learn about mining pick a coin and by a small amount of hardware.  If you are able to profit from your initial investment roll them into another mining rig and so on.  Don't go all in at once without knowing how to mine or what it takes.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:32:07 AM

depends on your power cost and if you can get cards for $300 to $400
sub .11 cent or .12 cent power and if you have a good space to set up rigs
burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:38:39 AM

Sooo... Mining is profitable?  Roll Eyes

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:50:29 AM

Thank you very much.

I think the electric price in Vietnam is cheap (I expect it should be 1700VND/kwh).
So at current price, basically you could ROI in about 7 months for ETH mining.
Many people asked this question and some of them never joined mining, and in the end, they regret about it.
Not sure about the future price, so dont need to predict it, just do it and create the future!
zxc003

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:11:09 AM

It does not matter when you start mining, it matters when you sell the coins. So, mine, sell small amount only for electricity and HODL! Cool
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:24:49 AM

Depend on prices of GPU and electricity. If u could find a cheap one. I counted if I put all my money Iwhat I spend on rig in coins and just hodl) I would be x3 from that time) U must understand that most profitable mining is when u can predict a perspective coin and can found it earlier than others) but in that way why just dont buy this coin or take part in ICO)

levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:26:23 AM

no, you can mining now, and still make a profit. the crypto currencies price is still increasing.
if you start mining now, and next year the price increase to the highest, you will get much profit
tuananh639393 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:17:51 AM

Thank you very much.

I think the electric price in Vietnam is cheap (I expect it should be 1700VND/kwh).
So at current price, basically you could ROI in about 7 months for ETH mining.
Many people asked this question and some of them never joined mining, and in the end, they regret about it.
Not sure about the future price, so dont need to predict it, just do it and create the future!

yes, the elec. price in Vietnam is not so expensive, but thing is more elec u cost, more expensive price for that. Btw, i've ready calculate a bit, so like you say, around 6-8 months I can get ROI.
Thank so much for your advice.
tuananh639393 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:21:02 AM

Depend on prices of GPU and electricity. If u could find a cheap one. I counted if I put all my money Iwhat I spend on rig in coins and just hodl) I would be x3 from that time) U must understand that most profitable mining is when u can predict a perspective coin and can found it earlier than others) but in that way why just dont buy this coin or take part in ICO)

Really good question, that why I need advice from everyone. But, like you said, just buy coin and hold, then there is nobody in mining?
tuananh639393 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:28:21 AM

No one can tell you !
Do your own research !

Liked the answer! Pretty much telling us the story and 2 different perspectives. I'd say asking this question means that you probably heard the news, don't have enough information nor trying to acquire. IMHO you should look at mining as a long term risky investment (both time and money).

1. Understand the cryptocurrency (no need to know very technical details)
2. Research about the mineable coins
3. Pick few coins you understand, love, and believe
4. Find out how much you can afford to invest (as old saying "Never invest money you cannot afford to lose")
5. Find out what hardware is best matching your budget and coins you love
6. Suggest to think it as a long term investment

Thank you for your advice, I'm interested in Mining and still consider about it, but i just find out a website about investing that they have Mining,you just pay them and they will return the coin for you everyday. When i calculate the interest, it's almost the same( a bit lower) with building a rig and  mine. But you dont need to have a big investment at the begining, that why I confuse a lot.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:05:21 AM

profit is higher than before thanks to bitcoin, so no it's not too late, you can enter now with oen rig and do $500 a month, which is high amount of money for just 6 card, i would probably go easy at first and see what will happen, you can add later more rigs
FilipeHenriques

Activity: 499
Merit: 12

Just a bitcointalk member

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:55:21 PM

With a 400k $ investment in processors you will get it back in about 1 year, then its all profit and energy expenses. If i had such a large amount of money I would definitely start mining but since I don't well... Only investing right now..

hello
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: