Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 09:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX570 is not recognized after modding BIOS, any help?  (Read 159 times)
Pudle_Pump (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:32:52 AM

Hi all, my first post here on the forum, been lurking since 2013 though Tongue I recently put some money down to build a 6 card, 570 rig. I have 5 cards running right now, the 6th is arriving on my doorstep tomorrow. The first day I had my core parts I only had received my two MSI RX570 Gaming X 4G (4gb) Twin Frozr editions. I followed a tutorial online on modding the BIOS and they did run successfully... until I plugged my 3rd card in. I wanted to try out a few different brands of cards for my first build to see what performed the best, and I'll be getting all exact identical cards for when I have the money to build my H110 13 GPU mobo I have sitting around. The third card is a Sapphire 570 Pulse 4gb OC, the last two are ASUS 570 Strix / ROG / OC 4gb. I tried removing all but one MSI card, modding that and seeing if it would work.. but I still got the same error. When I open up XMR-STAK (I'm mining Electroneum) It states no AMD devices are found, and some wrong with OpenCL/backend. I flashed it back to it's original stock state and it works perfectly fine again. All cards are currently OC'd @ 1150 core & 2010 mem. That's the most stable I've been able to run with no crashes.

Getting back to my question on modding these BIOS, I used Polaris and I copied 2:1500 into 2:1625/1750/2000 saved and flashed it, rebooted my PC, ran atikmdag patcher and it patched successfully, ran CMD as admin and entered
"bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS"

"bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON"
Restarted PC again, unzipped a fresh copy of XMR-STAK miner, went through the setup (monero, wallet, password ect..) but once it tries to start mining AMD devices not found.. Not sure what to do, I try to Google and research as much as I can before ever asking questions like this, as this is my first post, but I'm out of ideas and not sure where to turn. All the applications I used are up to date, I'm using the AMD blockchain driver, Win-10, plenty of memory allocated for RAM from the HDD for the cards.. I'm thinking it has something to do with me entering something wrong in Polaris, or the patcher? I have no idea at this point, any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated. If anyone has an up to date link to a tutorial for modding the BIOS on any of the above stated models of 570's I'd gladly take a shot at that. Just for clarification, when modding BIOS of GPU's, I should only have the one card I'm modding plugged in at the time, correct? Perhaps the patcher patches the driver and creates conflicts with that somehow, or the CMD entries I made are faulty?

Sorry for the wall of text, thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out.
slanislaw

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:33:55 AM

Rename atikmdag-patcher.exe file to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe

And run it again and reboot.

Is the device manager showing all your cards as recognized?

Not sure what this bcdedit.exe thing is but I never had to use anything other than atikmdag on my bios modded cards.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:23:21 AM

Hi all, my first post here on the forum, been lurking since 2013 though Tongue I recently put some money down to build a 6 card, 570 rig. I have 5 cards running right now, the 6th is arriving on my doorstep tomorrow. The first day I had my core parts I only had received my two MSI RX570 Gaming X 4G (4gb) Twin Frozr editions. I followed a tutorial online on modding the BIOS and they did run successfully... until I plugged my 3rd card in. I wanted to try out a few different brands of cards for my first build to see what performed the best, and I'll be getting all exact identical cards for when I have the money to build my H110 13 GPU mobo I have sitting around. The third card is a Sapphire 570 Pulse 4gb OC, the last two are ASUS 570 Strix / ROG / OC 4gb. I tried removing all but one MSI card, modding that and seeing if it would work.. but I still got the same error. When I open up XMR-STAK (I'm mining Electroneum) It states no AMD devices are found, and some wrong with OpenCL/backend. I flashed it back to it's original stock state and it works perfectly fine again. All cards are currently OC'd @ 1150 core & 2010 mem. That's the most stable I've been able to run with no crashes.

Getting back to my question on modding these BIOS, I used Polaris and I copied 2:1500 into 2:1625/1750/2000 saved and flashed it, rebooted my PC, ran atikmdag patcher and it patched successfully, ran CMD as admin and entered
"bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS"

"bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON"
Restarted PC again, unzipped a fresh copy of XMR-STAK miner, went through the setup (monero, wallet, password ect..) but once it tries to start mining AMD devices not found.. Not sure what to do, I try to Google and research as much as I can before ever asking questions like this, as this is my first post, but I'm out of ideas and not sure where to turn. All the applications I used are up to date, I'm using the AMD blockchain driver, Win-10, plenty of memory allocated for RAM from the HDD for the cards.. I'm thinking it has something to do with me entering something wrong in Polaris, or the patcher? I have no idea at this point, any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated. If anyone has an up to date link to a tutorial for modding the BIOS on any of the above stated models of 570's I'd gladly take a shot at that. Just for clarification, when modding BIOS of GPU's, I should only have the one card I'm modding plugged in at the time, correct? Perhaps the patcher patches the driver and creates conflicts with that somehow, or the CMD entries I made are faulty?

Sorry for the wall of text, thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out.

do your cards detected at Device manager?

I have a feeling its an insufficient memory or PCI-e lane issue

Here are some tweaks done just in case it matches your concern

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.40

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: