Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:36:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: for those (newbie) waiting to buy from Bitmain site, MUST READ!  (Read 150 times)
stelee68 (OP)

Activity: 684
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:53:03 AM

I have wanted to buy from Bitmain site about a (or two) month ago. Ran into a few hurdles as I am a noob when comes to crypto mining. Well, I still am.

Missed out 3 batches from Bitmain because I wasn't ready (you will too, if you skip reading this) to buy. The batches are Dec, Jan and the latest Feb/March 2018 batch. They were all sold-out in matters of a few hours.

So, being the stubborn person as I was, I set out my journey of crypto mining in the following manner :

1. created my own coinbase account and funded it max (only usd$100 due to new account limits);
2. created xfers.io account, submitted my income docs for verification immediately (need 4-7 working days);
3. purchased my Nano S Ledger hardware wallet from ebay (USD$70 approximately);
4. realized that coinbase DO NOT support Bitcoin Cash (aka. BCC or BCH);
5. read-up on FAQ of coinbase, relieved to know that Coinbase will start accepting BCH/BCC on or by 1st Jan 2018. phew...

This is important, as Bitmain will NOT accept BTC as payment. They only accept BCC/BCH.

Below is the extract from COINBASE:

Over the last several days, we’ve examined all of the relevant issues and have decided to work on adding support for bitcoin cash for Coinbase customers. We made this decision based on factors such as the security of the network, customer demand, trading volumes, and regulatory considerations.

We are planning to have support for bitcoin cash by January 1, 2018, assuming no additional risks emerge during that time.

Hope this helps any newbie like me who are looking to purchase from Bitmain.

ps. feel free to ask question, or give me pointers/headups if I miss out something.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction  
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine      
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch    

Full/Sr Member:
Code:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
konstantine

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:47:17 AM

Yeap no BCH. You gotta do USD > BTC > BCH.
coinsmife

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:05:48 AM

what is the url for bitmain website, and do you just create an account and sign up for the waiting list. Complete noob to all of this as well and appreciate the forum suggestions!
Doug E. Dee

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 12:53:01 PM

what is the url for bitmain website, and do you just create an account and sign up for the waiting list. Complete noob to all of this as well and appreciate the forum suggestions!

shop.bitmain.com  not sure about a waiting list. I think you need to have your BCH ready to go and check the site daily. The latest batch is already sold out. You will also have to hope that they are still profitable by the time you get them, or some new advanced hardware has not come out.
truthstalker

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:05:10 PM

They sell out within the hour that the batch is released and they're website is known to slow down or crash when they are released. I would suggest setting a reminder to make sure you catch the release day.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: