Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Coin Flip Game At CoinWorld.US  (Read 449 times)
coinerd (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:32:43 PM

Hey guys we're bringing a new game online today.

Coin World Crypto Coin Flip

This is a simple betting game right now it offers one option.

The game works like satoshi dice in that it hashes up some values from the transaction, calculates a number, and based on that number you win or lose.

The last 20 bets are streamed to the page, and each bet lists enough information for you to manually verify the calculation if you like.  The hashing code is on the page and the site is done in PHP.

AT THIS TIME the bet is not a simple "less than our number" bet.  I've divided the 65536 numbers into three fields so for ht eplayer to win the calculated value has to be less than 16084 or more than 49452 for the player to win.

There are an extra 600 numbers added to the house area simple calculations i think this means odds to win are 50.92% for the house.

I've done some testing on a couple of coins everything runs ok. Several scripts are yet to be funded, i don't have enough of all of these coins right now, and I'm afraid that with less than 1% odds in our favor and the house eating TX fees we're going to lose on this round.

In any case there is a funding address on each page. You can donate to the script to get it running if you want to try it out or see it work with your coin.  As we see how these odds work out we may adjust either the odds or the min/max on the flips.

VERY IMPORTANT:

Do not send bets to this script from a wallet that you don't own.  Much like mining or satoshi dice the address where your winnings are sent depends on the blockchain and in a shared wallet it may not be the address you sent the bet from.

This means that when you send from an online wallet service, or an exchange account, or any other wallet where more than one person share addresses - someone else is likely to get your coins.

This is not an error with the script, it's a function of how these coins handle inputs and outputs.

Infinitecoin has 1m coins in it and a 1k coin max bet, there's just a couple coins in DGC as well.

Tradecoin has some funds but the blockchain is slow and the site currently requires 1 confirmation to process.

I'm sure I might be missing a couple of points but I'm here for questions, if you have them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

You have more than a couple of DGC in there...   Wink

-tb-

coinerd (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:41:43 PM

!!!!

Last time I looked it was <15 Wink

I'm a little nervous about this game it's more complex in the back end than the lotto is.  Thanks to whoever added the extra DGC and I hope this is fun. We'll see if the house just loses it all.

As this evolves I'm thinking about adding some other bets at different odds but I prefer a little variety over the "less than our number" games.

Maybe dividing the fields into smaller squares or some such.

A bet with a higher prize only if you come out above or below the house numbers.

Any ideas?  Also any math guys because somewhere in here odds cross probability and my brain gets tied in a knot.

For instance i can tell you what the odds are that a number from the possible spectrum will be generated. But what's the probability of the number being in the middle, and is it affected by how TXid's are generated?  No idea.  I'm also not sure if hashing the timestamp at the front or at the back of the address is more likely to larger variance in the output hash.

We're definitely gambling with you on this one.
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:44:05 PM

add other coins? like RED, ELP, STR, and GLX etc
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:01:22 PM

I would love to add all of the alt coins.

There is a cost to adding a coin and a cost to running it -  also I don't own the server.

For now it's not possible for us to "keep up" with alt coins as fast as anyone decides to release one.

We may review our list of coins soon as some of them are not performing and seem to lack any community.

No disrespect intended to any coin, or coin dev.  It's just a practical reality.
flyingcat

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:04:59 PM

There is a cost to adding a coin and a cost to running it -  also I don't own the server.

For now it's not possible for us to "keep up" with alt coins as fast as anyone decides to release one.

We may review our list of coins soon as some of them are not performing and seem to lack any community.

No disrespect intended to any coin, or coin dev.  It's just a practical reality.

I noticed some coins have never had games played, I guess you want to add some coins that have activities, anyway it is just a suggestion, it's to your benefits. For me, if you add some of these, I'll play for sure.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:33:08 PM

I noticed some coins have never had games played, I guess you want to add some coins that have activities, anyway it is just a suggestion, it's to your benefits. For me, if you add some of these, I'll play for sure.

Noted.

I've deleted a giant rant about coin devs and miners screwing each other and anyone who tries to interact with this community.

I'm not spending all week getting those coins added in so that you guys can tell me the exact same thing again next week.

It's become clear how this works and soon I may stop trying to develop for the alt-coin community at all. I've wasted now a couple of thousand hours learning how this works and all I ever hear is "it sucks it doesn't have my coin of the day on it".

It's getting impossible to take this seriously.  Maybe I should have been warming up on C++ instead and floating pump and dump coins with super blocks and other bullshit that's completely detrimental to the long term health or adoption of the coin as a currency.

Yeah, I'm wrapping this one up before I alienate 100% of my potential audience.
coinerd (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:34:03 PM

NAN has been funded with 100 tokens, if anyone wants to give it a go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: