Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:22:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] [TAT.MINIGAME] Ministry of Games passthrough, Bitcoin Game Dev  (Read 8777 times)
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:24:21 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 04:06:22 PM by ThickAsThieves

TAT.MINIGAME
A passthrough of S.MG from the MPEx Exchange

TAT.MINIGAME represents passthrough shares of The Ministry of Games (MiniGame) corporation. All games developed by the corporation will use bitcoin payment systems exclusively.

Please refer to the original contract on MPEx for full details of how the underlying asset functions: http://mpex.co/?mpsic=S.MG

The Ministry of Games will use three ways to develop games:
1. In house. The Ministry of Games will maintain a permanent staff drawing a salary (payable in the form of Bitcoin or S.MG stock warrants exclusively).
2. By working with external contractors. The contracts entered will be made public. All payments in the form of Bitcoin exclusively.
3. Partnerships and licensing deals. Revenue sharing and Bitcoin payments exclusively.

Shares
This security is a passthrough to the S.MG underlying asset at MPEx. It is entitled to receiving any dividends the underlying asset receives, less management fees. Each share of TAT.MINIGAME represents 1 share held of the underlying S.MG asset. Underlying shares are held within TAT Investments’ CoinBr MPEx Brokerage account.

How to Import Shares:
Shares may be imported from MPEx into TAT.MINIGAME at double the cost of any 3rd party fees levied to facilitate the request, or a minimum of 1btc, whichever is higher. If other passthroughs exist, shares may be imported from those for 1btc per order. Contact TAT Investments directly for instructions.

How to Export Shares:
Shares may be exported from TAT.MINIGAME into your personal MPEx account at double the cost of any 3rd party fees levied to facilitate the request, or a minimum of 1btc, whichever is higher. If other passthroughs exist, shares may be exported to those for 1btc per order. Contact TAT Investments directly for instructions.

Share transfers can only be processed once per week per user. Please don't abuse this.

Dividends
Each TAT.MINIGAME share has the right to 95% of its respective dividends. 5% will be retained for asset management fees and brokerage account fees. The amount of the gross dividend is defined as the same amount distributed by S.MG to the shares held by the issuer for this asset. Dividends will be paid within 48 hours or less of confirmed payments from S.MG.
NOTE: There is no current dividend schedule for this asset. Dividends will only be paid if/when S.MG distributes them. There is no guarantee of dividends, nor of a frequent dividend schedule.

Voting Rights
S.MG Management alone may call for a vote, by making a statement indicating a number of clear alternatives for which shareholders are to vote and a cutoff date. If voting can be efficiently and reasonably passed to TAT.MINIGAME shareholders through the BTCT.co system, it will be provided as a benefit to shareholders. TAT Investments as asset issuer will vote on behalf all passthrough shareholders only if both BTCT.co does not provide a sufficient voting system, and if CoinBr.com facilitates voting sufficiently through its platform.

Reserved Rights
Issuer reserves the following rights:
1. To change schedule of dividends to be in line with any changes in schedule the underlying asset may enact.
2. To make changes to this contract that represent the best interests of its shareholders.
3. To correct and clarify any gross errors or details herein that may prove to be open to misinterpretation.
4. To change import/export fees for transferring shares to and from TAT.MINIGAME.

Dissolution
In the event that the issuer chooses to, or is forced to, close this asset for any reason, the following methods may be used for dissolution in any combination:
1. A new operator may be vetted and chosen by TAT Investments to take over control of the asset.
2. Shares may be bought back from shareholders at a reasonable market value.
3. Shares may be converted to another existing S.MG passthrough, brokerage account, or MPEx account for each current shareholder.

In the event that the Ministry of Games corporation is sold to a 3rd party, bought out, or otherwise dissolved with a special final payment, transfer services will be halted and any funds gained by the closeout will be passed to shareholders, less a 1% closing fee.

Links
Link to asset page on BTCT.co: https://btct.co/security/TAT.MINIGAME
Link to the official forum for S.MG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224634.0
Link to the official news area for S.MG: http://trilema.com/category/smg/

Issuer Info
TAT Investments is a leading bitcoin investment company with a mission to provide highly desirable offerings to bitcoin investors in new ways, and to set higher standards for bitcoin investments.

TAT Investments has offered identity information privately to BTCT.co as a gesture of good faith, and an avenue for emergency contact.

A “dead man’s switch” will be implemented in order to pass control of this asset to a safe secondary operator in the case of the issuer’s untimely demise or hospitalization.

Disclaimer
TAT Investments makes no guarantees in the case of unexpected behavior of the underlying asset or the actions of S.MG, BTCT.co, MPEx and/or CoinBr, including, but not limited to, any loss due to default, scamming, hacking, or seizure. This is only a passthrough, and the actions of the underlying asset and sources will drive the definition of this asset in kind. Please perform due diligence in all investment decisions, and consider all risks before purchase.

IRC: on Freenode, ThickAsThieves
E-mail: tat.investments /at/ gmail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:26:04 PM

Just waiting on 1 more vote to launch!
Ronan-

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:12:21 PM

I would purchase some shares, but a quick look into the owner of S.MG (Mircea Popescu) shows he is insane, arrogant, a scammer, and an asshole.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:37:15 PM

I would smash my toes with a ball-peen hammer, but some quick medical research shows it would hurt badly.

Any references to back up the "scammer" accusation?

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 03:54:57 AM

I would smash my toes with a ball-peen hammer, but some quick medical research shows it would hurt badly.

No need for sources on the asshole, insane, and arrogant?  Grin
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:10:32 AM

Check user "MPOE-PR"'s post history

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
mechs

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:24:00 AM

I have to agree - this guy is a huge f*cking tool.  TAT, this corporation of his is a scam and why would you want to help enrich this asshole at the expense of nieve shareholders. Don't just throw your name on everything.  I know the IPO market has been weak but that is no reason to help funnel funds to this sociopath.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:56:23 AM

I have to agree - this guy is a huge f*cking tool.  TAT, this corporation of his is a scam and why would you want to help enrich this asshole at the expense of nieve shareholders. Don't just throw your name on everything.  I know the IPO market has been weak but that is no reason to help funnel funds to this sociopath.

You are making assumptions about my motivations that are false, and you are using emotion to make financial decisions. This doesn't make you outright incorrect, it just means that you are prioritizing factors that aren't typically highly valued in investing.

First, I do not list just anything. There are oodles of other assets I could list or create PTs for that are vetted and denied. I also do even more of that behind the scenes for assets that never even see the light of day.

I happen to disagree with some forum members that think S.MG is horrible because MPEx is "mean". I see it as a determined party trying to bring something new and appropriate to the bitcoin world. Will their first game be a smash hit? It's unlikely, but not impossible. Do they need to be making smash hits and kissing babies to be successful? No, these things are not required.

Second, if you think the IPO market is weak, I encourage you to rally all of the forum members that spend their time gawking at people doing things in ways they disagree with, and instead, do the work and prove to everyone you know how things should be done by taking action and creating something better.

There are people that climb mountains, sometimes stumbling, sometimes making it to the top... and then there are the people pointing at them from the bottom, laughing at their stumbles, and huffing and puffing at their successes. No one is forcing you to watch, and no one is forcing you to climb. More importantly, this is not a spectator sport, so no commentators are required.

What some people don't understand is that MPOE-PR's behavior is not indicative of who she is as a person, nor SMG's strategy for success. She happens to employ a rare method of using candor as a test. If you focus on the insults and indulge in your emotions, then you are not ready to understand the advice she offers. If you can peel away the act, and focus on the substance, you will garner diamonds from the rough.

While I personally do not employ her method of communication, I find it fascinating how people are much more interested in being insulted than trying to decipher what it is exactly she is trying to say.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:40:57 PM

+1, this may be the most lucid explanation that you'll ever get on this topic.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:23:44 PM

We're live!  https://btct.co/security/TAT.MINIGAME
kuriboh

Activity: 357
Merit: 285

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:33:17 AM

Invested in some.

I have invested in some other TAT assets and done great before, so lets see this ones.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:51:16 AM

I would purchase some shares, but a quick look into the owner of S.MG (Mircea Popescu) shows he is insane, arrogant, a scammer, and an asshole.
I agree with insane, arrogant and asshole, but he's not a scammer AFAIK.
I'd add that he's (by his own admission, nonetheless) totally incompetent regarding to the gaming industry, hence due to insanity and arrogance, this project is doomed to fail.
I'm quite surprised he managed to cater so many funds, I wonder if people can't read or what.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:06:48 PM

SMG: "Eulora" Alpha Client Now Available

http://trilema.com/2013/its-called-eulora/
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:15:17 PM

I happen to disagree with some forum members that think S.MG is horrible because MPEx is "mean". I see it as a determined party trying to bring something new and appropriate to the bitcoin world. Will their first game be a smash hit? It's unlikely, but not impossible. Do they need to be making smash hits and kissing babies to be successful? No, these things are not required.

Tat, you have your head in the sand over this. Ignoring my issues with the actual offering, the attitude shown is going to go down a terribly with journos and gamers. They'll tear it apart a new one. It'll be utterly, utterly destroyed. You cannot go into games with that attitude I assure you. This is not smash hit/kissing baby stuff, it's the basics. The bitcoin audience is way too small to support this alone, and that's if it's good enough. They also won't take the sort of shit dished out. [I am assuming here it's not gambling games]

There was even a public post saying that artwork submissions were disappointing - you just can't say that!

What some people don't understand is that MPOE-PR's behavior is not indicative of who she is as a person, nor SMG's strategy for success. She happens to employ a rare method of using candor as a test. If you focus on the insults and indulge in your emotions, then you are not ready to understand the advice she offers. If you can peel away the act, and focus on the substance, you will garner diamonds from the rough.

While I personally do not employ her method of communication, I find it fascinating how people are much more interested in being insulted than trying to decipher what it is exactly she is trying to say.

That's because she insults almost everyone, doesn't address any of the issues raised in a meaningful way, and talks absolute garbage. She shows no respect whatsoever. She doesn't use candor as a test at all - how can anyone in their right mind think that? All she ever does is rant and rave but there's very little logic involved, and certainly no hint of public relations awareness. You're just giving excuses for someone acting like a tool constantly - Don't.

This is not a PR person. This is a PR nightmare well beyond Bruce Everiss proportions - which takes some doing - and only even vaguely getting away with it because it's a Bitcoin forum.

Tat, if you'd just said you're happy with the fund but think the PR is crap then fair enough, but let's not defend the indefensible.

As for the alpha Shocked

But hey, what do I know, it's only my frigging day job!

(Funny to see the game named rather close to Eufloria too)
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:46:49 PM

tl;dr: we need more Valves, not more Zyngas. And MPOE is most definitely a Zynga.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
mechs

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:08:59 PM

tl;dr: we need more Valves, not more Zyngas. And MPOE is most definitely a Zynga.

If Zynga went around insulting their customers and potential investors
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:18:43 PM

A Zynga would be a reasonable thing to invest in. Well, sort of. I have to be careful what I say!
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 10:55:14 PM

Heh, this guy is a nutjob.  He was calling labcoin a scam (see here: http://trilema.com/2013/the-anatomy-of-a-scam/) and claimed a bunch of random people (including me, apparently) were paid shills in on the scam.

jiefangqian

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 08:21:00 AM

The btct will offline.

I hold some [TAT.MINIGAME].

What are your plans??

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:51:48 PM

Due to the announced closing of the BTCT.co virtual securities exchange, we have halted trading on this asset in preparation for a migration to TAT.MINIGAME on Bitfunder.com and/or SMG on HavelockInvestments.com for all current shareholders.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter. We will be posting detailed instructions on the next steps for shareholders.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: