Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie notification  (Read 1100 times)
mrtrueman (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:43:12 PM

Don't tell me you lot read EULA. You lot are funny!
I think the amount of new peeps stating the same says something.
mrtrueman (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:46:50 PM

Hi All,

Just a quick note to admins, it took me a couple of visits before I realized why I could not post or reply.

I thought my profile was faulty.

I think it would be handy for some extra notification to the fact you have no permissions etc.  I have used lots of forums but the whole newbie thing here is not that obvious really.

Regards

Mr T

So you are unable to read the T&C you accepted? But you are able to happily and quickly open a thread where you whine and cry about that.  Roll Eyes

Oh and yes, the newbie section is exactly for that: to avoid people like you to freely roam the forum and spam everywhere

the current system is keeping out all but the most determined people
Anyone with more brain than a cockroach have no problem dealing with the current system and understanding how the newbie rules work.

No crying, complaining or spamming here.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:51:03 PM

Perhaps you need a lesson in statistics.

If there are 100 newbies complaining, and 10,000,000 newbies that figured it out just fine, is it really worth anybody's time and effort to try and force the 0.001% to see something that the other 99.999% didn't have a problem with?

The amount of new peeps stating the same thing is meaningless without knowing the amount of new peeps NOT stating the same thing.
mrtrueman (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 09:59:23 PM

If there are 100 newbies complaining, and 10,000,000 newbies that figured it out just fine, is it really worth anybody's time and effort to try and force the 0.001% to see something that the other 99.999% didn't have a problem with?

The amount of new peeps stating the same thing is meaningless without knowing the amount of new peeps NOT stating the same thing.
I make it 137004, perhaps you need to brush up on your maths.

Anyhow I have better things to do than to pick holes with you full members that hangout in the newbie section giving newbies a hard time...seeya!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:24:43 PM

Anyhow I have better things to do than to pick holes with you full members that hangout in the newbie section giving newbies a hard time...seeya!

100 / 10,000,000 = 0.00001 = 0.001%

My maths seems ok.  How do you get 137004?

Perhaps you are saying that there are 137004 newbies that figured it out (which requires no maths at all, so I don't understand what you are getting at)?

Note that I was making a point that "the amount of new peeps stating the same" doesn't necessarily "say something" unless you compare it to the total number NOT stating the same.

I'm not stating that there actually are 10,000,000 users of this forum, that would be silly.  Only using the number as an example to prove a point about ratios.

Fine, we'll use your actual numbers if you like.

137004 users.
7 newbies have complained so far in this thread.

7 / 137004 = 0.00005109 = 0.005109%

A bit more than 5 times my example, and yet still a ridiculously small number.

Honestly, the forum tries to shove it in the face of the newbies at least 3 distinct times.  Most of us had no difficulty figuring it out.  Those who can't be bothered to notice aren't going to notice any other efforts anyhow, and those who can't be bothered to notice seem to have a high probability of contributing worthless drivel until they've read a bit about what's already been said anyhow.

iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:14:17 PM

Hardly giving newbies a hard time lol. I'm new and I managed to use my apparently superior intelligence to read a line of text saying I could only post in the newbies section.

Stephen Hawkins over and out.

Oh wait. It's not that hard.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: