Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:25:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnCMiner or BFL  (Read 1546 times)
PerryMarch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:19:46 PM

I am curious which of these two would you go with and why? I am looking to get into mining, don't really know how to go about building my own rig, so looking at these two companies as options.

Thanks!
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:10:28 AM

Butterfly Labs are your best option.
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:25:59 AM

BFL is scam, do your homework before you ask please. Just search the forum.
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:52:18 AM

Not mining is your best option...
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:59:19 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 12:06:28 PM by JackRabiit

LittleFury's! $350 gets you 3.5 gh/s on a usb stick simmilar to a block erupter! (I am so fucking sorry if you get scammed by them)
They seem legitamate

The people with bfl PRE ORDERS have been waiting for almost 12months and they are still waiting

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
farmarjack

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:25:05 AM

Knc didnt shown any asic yet , there was only a demonstration of old fpga . BFL looks bether since they deliwered atliest asic mashines yet the waiting time for the product is horendes. If you want to mine assap than the block erupter usb or blade is your only option yet they r priced too high , so do not have high expectation on early profit. U can also buy an avalon asic miner but those r even more owerpriced becaus u can only buy one if some miner is willing to sell his own one.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:30:15 AM

I would wait with an ASIC purchase until the market cools down. eg: BFL catches up with their back log.

The competition will be stronger when new legitimate ASIC vendors appear and deliver.

No matter which company you order from I think it's crucial to be in the first "2 batches" of shipments.
aceking

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:48:13 AM

this
PEBKAC

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:16:32 PM

With all the heat around the companies that sell ASIC or FPGA based hardware, I wouldn't recommend buying anything.
Especially BFL seems to have quite a bad reputation.

If you want to get into mining just for fun, you may want to consider using an easy to use client, like Bitminter.
The only requirement is having Java installed on your computer.

If the goal is to get some bitcoins out of it, even if it is less than the price of electricity you put in, just make sure you have an AMD Radeon HD 4000 series graphics or higher in your computer and install the latest drivers for it.
Bitminter (and most other clients) will support using it for mining.
You really do not need special hardware for mining. Wether it is profitable is a whole different matter entirely.

However, it is a nice way to make yourself familiar with the whole concept of mining.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 12:51:37 PM

^

use the money and buy BTC. that's the best option IMO

polrpaul

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 01:00:10 PM

Watch out for scammers - neither option is a good option unless you don't care when the goods arrive (next year).

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 04:14:43 PM

BFL took 9 month to deliver my parcel..  Grin
I think KnC will deliver faster.
Anyway, with KnC you got 2x the power you'd had with BFL.
If you order with BFL, then the delivery date is critical, since you have only half the power you'd had with KnC to return your investment.
chiodiip

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:34:35 PM

BFL is a scammy worthless company. Go with KnCminer. They have more hashpower and cheaper and they have a better price.

No contest
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:05:01 PM

Butterfly Labs are your best option.

Not sure if trolling or if serious...
ASICSRUS

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Expert Computer Geek

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 05:10:15 PM

I am curious which of these two would you go with and why? I am looking to get into mining, don't really know how to go about building my own rig, so looking at these two companies as options.

Thanks!

what country do you live in?...deal with people you can actually communicate with imho Grin

✰ If You Risk Nothing, You Risk Everything | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll | *Thread*

<3<3:::LOVE^YOUR^NEIGHBOR!!!:::|+i|_33+(((PLEASE)))====>Donate if you like me!~> 157YEcD4WQ9UbhZ7NSC2FpuaYfxHe3JgF2
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:24:30 PM

BFL is a scammy worthless company. Go with KnCminer. They have more hashpower and cheaper and they have a better price.

No contest

They did not deliver anything as of yet. I heard that they ran into some delays making the september delivery impossible.

I wouldn't buy any of these at the moment, but your argument is laughable at best.
goldwyn

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:42:46 PM

Just be prepared to wait
Qantaqa

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:32:33 PM

I wouldn't suggest either if you want them for making money. So unless you've got some money left and like playing with miners don't do it.

If you wanna play, then I would suggest BFL. They are not to popular around here, but they are actually making and delivering those thing and the price for a small unit isn't higher then a decent GPU, while it will definitely work better. You wont see it fast, their backorders are a year behind and they keep producing slower then expected. However, since they charge 300 dollars and higher for roughly 50 dollars worth of chips and other hardware, they will make them all and deliver them. The costs were in development and that is covered, the more they can provide now, the faster they will actually start making a profit.

KnCMiner has some nice rates to offer, however the product doesn't exist. They are pretending that they can deliver everything thats ordered now in october. Thats only 3 months for a product thats yet to see a prototype anywhere for fully new hardware that will have a load of revisions before it works without errors and good enough to be shipped. The optimism of the site is even worse then BFL in its early days. Off course I cant tell the future, but it would be a miracle imo if that product sees the light of day in 2013 or even the beginning of 2014. Futhermore unlike BFL you don't see any actual persons at KnCminer, there is no community and a far less professional sites. Signals that should caution you as a buyer.

davewr2013

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 02:53:28 AM

I have found that are are some serious issues with delivery. I suggest that you check out the profit calculator published on "the genesis block" (a search will find it)-- it is a real eye-opener.

It would seem that the window for mining BTC is fast closing. According to their calculator, anything delivered after October 2013 will have a real difficult time earning any coin. It seems that it is now or never -- so to speak. If KNC delivers at their price point and on time -- even November delivery might break even.

Best wishes with mining if you try it out. It's definitely slower going now than at the beginning of the month.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
farmarjack

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:50:07 PM

The only thing you can realy buy most asap is asicminer block erupter usb . Ist bether than any gpu at the moment.It has enough hash power compared to gpu and consume less electricity . Its good for trying bitcoin mining and to some small mining .
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: