Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:54:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you feel about projects with Super-Celebrities on board?  (Read 144 times)
CryptoMadMax (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:05:36 AM

Not so long ago I saw a news "Leo Messi joined to SIRIN LABS", Jamie Foxx with Cobinhood, Floyd Mayweather with Centra. What they want to Community of football fans, Sports fans, Jamie Foxx fans?! As for me, ICO is always close to Blockchain, Blockchain - technology. When I see huge faces not form the industry involved in ICOs I just neglect those projects. But the last one was different, found an exceptional project, in my opinion - ZaberCoin. Spend some time with WP, some time on SM and forums. I observe few innovations they want to produce into the world of real estate with blockchain inside. Just before I tried to buy ZABs, reach dat post https://www.instagram.com/p/BaW0UbuhuZ4/?taken-by=zabercoin with Sr. Richard Branson and one of the board members on the picture. Now I’m confused… My strategy doesn’t work. They got me))). What do you think about such marketing moves? And a value of projects which act like that?
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:08:55 AM

Who cares? Unfortunately too many people but really, celebs being good at one thing shouldn't mean people should give a shit about what they think of other things like politics or crypto.

And it's just an advertisement tool trying to cater toward a crypto-newbie crowd to make money off of them. The best and biggest coins weren't heavily advertised and they just grew organically. Heavily advertised coins (like most signature campaign spams) are basically just quickly pumped by ads before the dump.

Not your keys, not your coins!
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:11:35 AM

Pay money and let the celebrity do anything for you, Is it really that hard for a scammer to hire a celebrity and then raise money by showing that celebrity's face and then run away?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
mashutka

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:04:01 PM

Pay money and let the celebrity do anything for you, Is it really that hard for a scammer to hire a celebrity and then raise money by showing that celebrity's face and then run away?
I do not know how boys think, for me, for example, it matters. Famous people will not risk their reputation and help by rogues. They are rich enough to afford this kind of luxury.
Javanewstar

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:21:38 PM

Most of the time, the ICO projects with celebrity platforms are so hot that you can generally get good returns, so I will choose to invest.

georgeforeham

Activity: 152

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:53:49 PM

Personally I avoid them.

I don't like ICO's that throw stupid amount of money at celebs to endorse their ICO. I am more interested in the product, the concept and the team rather than if Britney Spears has a tweet about a specific ICO.

The only advantage I can see from it is that it might open up cryptocurrency to people who wouldn't have known about them and they will research themselves.
km4700ruda

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:12:44 PM

They are probably being paid with hundreds of thousands of dollars in order to make that advertisement. They are not interested on those projects, they are interested on the money that they are getting paid in order to do it, lmao.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:46:37 PM

I don't really care much about projects that are being advertised or promoted by celebrities. I don't even believe in commercials that sells products, what more in celebrity commercials that advertise crypto. Investing in coins just because they are promoted by famous personnel is a big NO for me. I do my research on my coins, I don't do fan-whoring.
RakelA96

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:08:50 PM

I'm sure some other famous people will soon advertised. This is great for future crypto. Common people will believe to invest in cryptocurrency
i'am waiting for jack ma joining the crypto world Very very interesting, but apart from all that, they just get paid to advertise their coins
that's it.. endorsement
Gogochen

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:15:33 PM

Generally speaking, the ICO project has a celebrity platform, which may make a good profit in the short term, but in the long term, it is necessary to pay attention to the development of the project itself.

drunkcoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:25:32 PM

I don't think anything serious. Celebrities just get money for promotion. It doesn't mean that project is great. However it means that the project already has enough money but it doesn't guarantee that everything will be great. I'd better analyse the whitepaper rather than ads.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: