Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get my litecoins from a watching only wallet to a spendable wallet  (Read 99 times)
Levigeo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:38:29 AM

Good day everyone,

On December the 3th i downloaded the electrum wallet. This wallet contains about 20 differend adresses. 1 of these adresses i used to buy litecoins with on 'litebit.eu'.2 days after the payment i still didnt recieve a thing in this wallet. Now i downloaded a Electrum-ltc wallet and used my seed there. Here i could see my bought coins and they purchase date, this is all very correct. Unfurtunatly i somehow created a 'watching only' ltc wallet which i can not spend from.

No i downloaded several other electrum wallets over and over again and removed the old ones. After the download it goes straight to the watching only wallet. I'm nog able to like recover my wallet. This seems quite odd to me since loads of people tell me to do that.

Can anyone please tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advanced,

Levi
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:52:55 AM

if you do really have the "Seed" that means you can recover your funds. just download the latest version of Electrum-ltc and instead of creating a new wallet in first step, choose "i already have a seed". that way you will have a wallet that contains the private keys and you can recover your funds.

there is no other way.
a watch-only wallet is not something that you accidentally make. you either gave the wallet your master public key (MPK) or gave it only addresses to watch instead of having seed.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Levigeo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:00:51 PM

if you do really have the "Seed" that means you can recover your funds. just download the latest version of Electrum-ltc and instead of creating a new wallet in first step, choose "i already have a seed". that way you will have a wallet that contains the private keys and you can recover your funds.

there is no other way.
a watch-only wallet is not something that you accidentally make. you either gave the wallet your master public key (MPK) or gave it only addresses to watch instead of having seed.

the thing is that i can choose "i already have a seed" because when i open de downloaded file it instant goes to my watchting only wallet with the amount of coins i bought.
Again i'm not sure what i did, but i did made a wallet only. i didnt really read into it tbh before installing.

i must have gave that watch wallet my seed before making it.

I'm a bit confused now. I dont really know much about this subject, so yeah...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: