Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: verctoin wallet - lost dat file have old wallet id and password...  (Read 111 times)
crypto_hacksaw (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:40:49 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 04:23:41 PM by crypto_hacksaw

Hi

Another one of these stories.

I used to have GPU rig, mined vert and doge, had a client on computer that got doused in liquid  Grin Grin Grin

Now I have the text files on USD, with password and wallet id, but that it.  Someone mentioned to me that its possible to recover through electrum, but Ive been unable.  I have absolutely no idea whats in there, as I dont really remember..

I have the same problem with a few others:

I have password for the following clients:

DGB
FTC
VTC
LTC
DOGE

You can imagine the pain...

Hopefully someone else has felt this knife in the gut and might be able to advise if I should just scrap it and try not to think about the things I could have bought, or whether there is some simple formula for at least a couple of these to recover..

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
legend018

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:54:40 PM

Down toward the bottom are some restore options for DOGE. Not sure if this helps, you'd have to find similar for the other coins.  I would image if you saved everything appropriately and even have the wallet files, that you should be able to get things back together:

http://dogecointutorial.com/local-wallet.html

It's also hard to figure things out with out knowing all the details such as was it on a Mobile device?  Computer? Online?  What are the names of the applications you used?
In my opinion, there isn't enough information giving and we would have to throw out guesses to how you had or have everything setup. Start with the restore process explained in the link above and see how far you can get with that.
crypto_hacksaw (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:22:59 PM

Sorry maybe I didnt make things clear enough.

Basically what I had at the time were all the downloadable QT clients that I kept on the computer.  I was mining from pools and sending the profits to the wallets.  At that time I was unaware that I needed to keep the dat file, so all I kept, (thinking that the QT was just a vessel - not very smart I know) was the wallet id, and the encrypted password

This isnt a bunch of words like ham chees knife kill etc, but rather a password that I made - which I have character perfect.

However, from what Ive gathered, this wont be enough..

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bitcoinwinnin

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:07:04 PM

Unfortunately you won’t be able to.  This is to protect accounts from scammers that get these from people
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: