Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:38:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: volatility  (Read 266 times)
JCM (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:40:58 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 01:02:01 PM by JCM

Which altcoin has the lowest volatility?
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:48:13 PM

do you mean an altcoin with the lowest volatility? Well based in my experience, there are lots of altcoins with the lowest volatility that i cannot compare which the lowest is. But i guess base on my coins received it is the eDoge.

JCM (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:25:00 PM

do you mean an altcoin with the lowest volatility? Well based in my experience, there are lots of altcoins with the lowest volatility that i cannot compare which the lowest is. But i guess base on my coins received it is the eDoge.

eDoge has been on the market since October 16, 2016. It is unclear what the market cap is. 24 hour volume between $ 3000 and $ 4000. Not really a currency, of which you can determine the volatility.
Ohgreatanotherone

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:33:21 PM

Personally,  I think Waves and LTC are the least volatile coins on the market.

JCM (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:01:18 PM

Personally,  I think Waves and LTC are the least volatile coins on the market.
Waves, I agree with you.
Minexcoin and Stablecoin are 2 coins, which specifically focus on low volatility, but when I look at their charts, they have not yet succeeded.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:03:18 PM

You need to look at the coins with a. Higher market cap, try and ignore those with low market caps and low volume as the swings are just too volatile.

Things like xmr,eth,btc,ltc are going to be the safest bet. Remember though do your own research before you commit any money
EvaGC

Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:30:39 PM

With GLOBCOIN, you can lock-in the value of your crypto portfolio and protect it against drawdowns and volatility. Imagine you can manage your savings in several currencies and chose the most convenient one to you — That’s what our currency basket does. The correlation between the currencies in a basket helps to dampen volatility — a technique that has made our use case 1 basket (GLX) more stable than the Swiss Franc.

More info: www.globcoin.io
JCM (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

With GLOBCOIN, you can lock-in the value of your crypto portfolio and protect it against drawdowns and volatility. Imagine you can manage your savings in several currencies and chose the most convenient one to you — That’s what our currency basket does. The correlation between the currencies in a basket helps to dampen volatility — a technique that has made our use case 1 basket (GLX) more stable than the Swiss Franc.

This is a starting coin, I had never heard of it.
Will investigate it further.
They can do something about their name recognition.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:19:39 PM

You need to look at the coins with a. Higher market cap, try and ignore those with low market caps and low volume as the swings are just too volatile.

Things like xmr,eth,btc,ltc are going to be the safest bet. Remember though do your own research before you commit any money
Don't know why do people keep on suggesting low volume coins on here and as you said even on swings would really be volatile which your orders can be affected directly on a single movement unlike on those top marketcap coins which we can see stronger support and volume on daily basis.They are still volatile but its manageable unlike on those low volume coins and I would completely choose up those coins than on those coins being suggested on here.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:34:05 PM

You cannot get a definite answer to this your question, this is subjective in my opinion because most of these coins pump and dump fast with huge trading volume

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:47:28 PM

Which altcoin has the lowest volatility?

SkyCoin was/is pretty stable (USD price) but recently its been climbing in value (I almost make it sound as if that were a bad thing). Also waves is probably a good choice, you won't see this one falling below 1 billion marketcap I believe.

EvaGC

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:49:35 PM

This is a starting coin, I had never heard of it.
Will investigate it further.
They can do something about their name recognition.

They're at the token - sale stage. More info: www.globcoin.io
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:04:26 AM

Tether is the most stable coin as it is tied to the US dollar - assuming it is not a scam Cheesy
Otherwise the most dump resistant is probably NEO which has weathered the storm when all the cryptos dumped over the last few months. The reason there is such demand for NEO is the new ICOs that are recently being released on their blockchain, and the fact that you can earn GAS just by holding NEO in your wallet. If you buy it on binance then they will collect the gas for you! But better to hold it in a secure wallet of course

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:23:39 AM

Look out for Waves as most here suggested, it's charts are pretty stable but don't do anything before you inspect the charts yourself. One suggested btc as well but if you ask me, it's not stable at all. My point is, everybody has their own opinions and interpretations about situations, try to make up your own.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:04:35 AM

Waves is a good stable coin, or you can use USDT for 100% stable coin value.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Adamant06

Activity: 161

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:16:11 PM

Waves is a good stable coin, or you can use USDT for 100% stable coin value.
If you mean price volatility, i think it is used to describe price fluctuations of a commodity. Volatility is measured by the day-to-day percentage difference in the price of the commodity. The degree of variation, not the level of prices, defines a volatile market. Since price is a function of supply and demand, it follows that volatility is a result of the underlying supply and demand characteristics of the market. Therefore, high levels of volatility reflect extraordinary characteristics of supply and/or demand.In the simplest terms, volatility is a mathematical tool or index by which we measure price movements over time for a traded financial instrument or asset. Hence, measuring that price movement over time for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is called volatility in this world too.Volatility in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency world is no different from the finance world.
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:03:18 PM

The two coins I know with lowest volatility in satoshi's are:

Aigang (AIX)

&&

BitSend (BSD)

Some others are predictable due airdrop/fork announcements for short period of time, like PRL and ETC.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:16:42 PM

Volatility is the main beauty of cryptocurrent most people forget that we are able to make all these profits because we can see a coin to 100% to 200% in few days. If you need a stable coin then go for the likes of Tether which is pegged to a Dollar, there is no other coin in the space that can guarantee you stability

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:25:16 PM

I realized the top 7 coins here ranking hardly change https://www.coingecko.com/en
signifying strength sans stabality

sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:26:09 PM

Volatility is the main beauty of cryptocurrent most people forget that we are able to make all these profits because we can see a coin to 100% to 200% in few days. If you need a stable coin then go for the likes of Tether which is pegged to a Dollar, there is no other coin in the space that can guarantee you stability

Stable is our weakness in crypto and volatile is advantage of crypto and thats the reason why we still here.
High volatile is bad for many people but for people who like challenge, its very good to improve.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: