Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else sick of Coinbase Ridiculous fees??? Any other options???  (Read 250 times)
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:51:44 AM

If you are going to transfer your bitcoin to other exchange, it's better to convert them into alts if the amount is small because the bitcoin withdrawal fee is so expensive, use it to buy eth or ltc which has cheaper fee and sell it to get the bitcoin back later. For buying bitcoin, you can use localbitcoin or maybe search someone who want to sell you directly although it's more risky and you should use escrow for that.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Farul

Activity: 270
Merit: 309

Shinji bgt gwh

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:48:30 PM

Try another way: use localbitcoins.
The more you buy - the more profit you get. Now BTC transaction fee is ~20$. Better to buy once, but a lot.
If You Buy At LocalBitcoins
There Is A Chance You Get Scammed
And The Price Are Higher 10%-50% Rather Than Coinbase Rate

"I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away." - Shinji Ikari
🤖 Wannabe CTF Player 🌌
👼🚀
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:59:28 PM

200 euro?  So thats €10 then €20.  The first might be their fee, at current rates the second is similar to Bitcoin next block transactions fees. So i think the problem is too small a deposit, lesson is to buy and transfer BTC in order of €1k or otherwise use services where you can chose a lower tx fee (and wait).
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:04:47 PM

Instead of buying BTC and transferring it to bittrex why didnt you think of buying ETH and then transferring it to bittrex. Obviously the fees of BTC is way more than ETH. By using this method you can atleast save good amount of money in transferring the coins to bittrex. You could then convert it to BTC after you transfer the coins to bittrex. Coinbase also has LTC which is also a better alternative for this method.

You got a point. I used ETH in the beginning, but then started purchasing more BTC because Bittrex has more altcoins available based on BTC than ETH. I see your point and I thought of converting ETH to BTC once transferred at Bittrex but i was concerned that their fees would be high too! Obviously, it would not be 10% (that is what Coinbase charged me this morning on my BTC transfer! ) Next time I will try ETH again. Thanks again!
I used to use this method but not ethereum its dogecoin but after I count to get the conclusion if you use this way, you will lose equal to 15% mentioned by op
BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:33:27 PM

I started using Cryptopay instead of Coinbase as the fees are lower, and so far I'm happy with it.
Minotus

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:36:53 PM

It seems that fee issue happens on all platforms lately. I also had problems sending my coins. The fee i was asked to pay was way beyond reasonable. I had to wait a lot to find right time to make my transactions.

nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:46:59 PM

Absolutely! Coinbase owns GDAX so you can login to GDAX with your Coinbase login - you just need to validate your ID again. GDAX have much smaller fees - a lot more reasonable. I'd recommend login into GDAX whenever you want to transfer your coins to other exchanges/wallets.

GDAX is an exchange that is owned by Coinbase and shares same credentials (login and password will work on both sites) For someone in Europe, I find out Coinbase have higher price per 1BTC than www.bittylicious.com
Last time I've checked was 267$ difference in price! (200£) I've been using Bittylicious for few years, maybe not cheapest service out there, but very quick and professional. Once I put wrong reference number and to my surprise, at 07.00AM Monday morning I was contacted by support and my issue was fixed with Ethereum send to my wallet. Definitely worth to try.

1satyros1 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:36:58 PM

Just to prove to you the level of predatory behavior of Coinbase; last night around 10pm London Time, ETH reached its lowest point- around 680euro. At this time i was trying to buy as much ETH as possible using my CC. The result? THEY WOULD NOT LET THE TRANSACTIONS GO THROUGH!!!! The erroneous -bullshit- excuse:
"Error with your Card, etc' (btw I took a screenshot that I will post).  Once, ETH rebounced to above 700euro, then 'Miraculously' All of my transactions went through!!!!!!
 Also, for those of  you that might have noticed, the prices for the 3 assets that they offered (BTC cash was not listed yet..) on the upper left corner, did NOT show the price per coin!!!

This is clearly behavior of CROOKS and sadly there is no Regulator yet to slap them with a few $ million worth of fines!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: