Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else sick of Coinbase Ridiculous fees??? Any other options???  (Read 250 times)
1satyros1 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:44:49 PM

Are there any other alternatives to these thieves?? I purchased 200 euros worth of Bitcoin this mornning: 5% Fees!
Send my  BTC's to Bittrex, then another 10% fee!!!!!

So to fund my Bittrex abbout, I lost 15% of my money in the process!!!!!  Obviously, the people who own Coinbase are too greedy, but are there any other similar eschanges?

I am interested in: using FIAT to buy BTC and ETH, then fund my Bittrex Account ( I have also applied to Bitfinex, Gatehub, Bitstamp, Cryptopia, Poloniex, Bitpanda and few more, but it seems that that the KYC process will take another 2 months at least...)

Any input would be much appreciated! It is plain thievery to pay these kind of fees....

Thanks
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:00:35 PM

Are there any other alternatives to these thieves?? I purchased 200 euros worth of Bitcoin this mornning: 5% Fees!

So to fund my Bittrex abbout, I lost 15% of my money in the process!!!!!  Obviously, the people who own Coinbase are too greedy, but are there any other similar eschanges?

I am interested in: using FIAT to buy BTC and ETH, then fund my Bittrex Account ( I have also applied to Bitfinex, Gatehub, Bitstamp, Cryptopia, Poloniex, Bitpanda and few more, but it seems that that the KYC process will take another 2 months at least...)

Any input would be much appreciated! It is plain thievery to pay these kind of fees....

Thanks

maybe you can try my metode...
find some friends who have an account in coinbase, and then transfer all fund to your friend.
coinbase to coinbase free...

do it this until minimum WD reach. So, you must find more friend.

CMIIW

-= OI =-
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:03:51 PM

dont try bitstamp i heard it is now 100% fees

DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:05:24 PM

Thanks
You can try to do that through use alternative coin just like litecoin or another. it can become an alternative way for you to avoid the ridicolous fees by use the bitcoin. Litecoin fees was so cheap compared with bitcoin. Rather than waiting for your KYC to be approved and it may better to try another way. alternative coin seems to be a good choice for you with instant delivery and cheap fees that makes you able to send your transaction with a little time.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:06:44 PM

Yes there are always alternatives depending on where you are located. In my country there is no Coinbase but a local exchange which has reasonable fees. If you want to buy via credit card there are always hefty fees, better to do it via your bank account (deposit to the exchange).
Johj

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:08:03 PM

If you're tired of the regular trading fees, and not the actual initial purchase fees, then I'd recommend using GDAX with Coinbase. GDAX is essentially the same, and your Coinbase acc is your GDAX acc. There are no trading fees between cryptos or crypto to fiat with GDAX. Try it out!
1satyros1 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:12:08 PM

Thank you all for your replies. Btw, anyone has expereice with BitPanda? Also, I am located in Europe and looking for reasonable fees....  thanks
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:21:20 PM

Instead of buying BTC and transferring it to bittrex why didnt you think of buying ETH and then transferring it to bittrex. Obviously the fees of BTC is way more than ETH. By using this method you can atleast save good amount of money in transferring the coins to bittrex. You could then convert it to BTC after you transfer the coins to bittrex. Coinbase also has LTC which is also a better alternative for this method.
1satyros1 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:27:25 PM

Instead of buying BTC and transferring it to bittrex why didnt you think of buying ETH and then transferring it to bittrex. Obviously the fees of BTC is way more than ETH. By using this method you can atleast save good amount of money in transferring the coins to bittrex. You could then convert it to BTC after you transfer the coins to bittrex. Coinbase also has LTC which is also a better alternative for this method.

You got a point. I used ETH in the beginning, but then started purchasing more BTC because Bittrex has more altcoins available based on BTC than ETH. I see your point and I thought of converting ETH to BTC once transferred at Bittrex but i was concerned that their fees would be high too! Obviously, it would not be 10% (that is what Coinbase charged me this morning on my BTC transfer! ) Next time I will try ETH again. Thanks again!
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:30:42 PM

Thanks

You should check youtube, I always see some videos in the right on how to eliminate fees from Coinbase, I don't use it myself. I use a local exchange.

ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:41:05 PM

Exchanges has a lot of fees,thats why the owners of thee exchanges getting more rich every second,i too has experienced with local exchanges especially when they dont have any counterparts ,they will increase fees because we dont have a choice.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:17:26 PM

Well coinbase is an exchange what do you expect? If you want an lower fee then use a wallet that you can adjust it for yourself like mycelium in android and bitcoin core in desktop. I was once a coinbase user and i really liked it because there are no transaction fees in coinbase but since they announced that they will no longer payong the tx fees and it is higher fees than actual tx fees i quit using their services.
cryptolit

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 10:24:06 PM

Absolutely! Coinbase owns GDAX so you can login to GDAX with your Coinbase login - you just need to validate your ID again. GDAX have much smaller fees - a lot more reasonable. I'd recommend login into GDAX whenever you want to transfer your coins to other exchanges/wallets.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:38:34 PM

GDAX have lower trading fees, and NO network fee. So you can send BTC from GDAX to Bittrex without paying anything!
1satyros1 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:03:32 AM

Tried GDAX, but my European passport expired this month:(  Also, just thought I should share this... I have sent kyc's and opened accounts to 14 different brokers since November. Only been approved for Bittrex so far! Feel like by the time i get approved on Bitfinex (where they have many coins not traded elsewhere..) the 'party' will be over...
Antiqua

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:12:34 AM

Exchanges has a lot of fees,thats why the owners of thee exchanges getting more rich every second,i too has experienced with local exchanges especially when they dont have any counterparts ,they will increase fees because we dont have a choice.

actually i've heard that not every cost go to the owner of exchanger, but some of it go to another such as tax, etc
from my experience this method is simple but risky if sudden price movement happen when transfer coin
just try it but becarefull

Keihatsu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

crypto revolution

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:18:26 AM

In the UK, I use localbitcoins.com for BTC.

Also a new bank called Revolut has low fees for BTC, LTC and ETH. About to give it a try.

faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:22:23 AM

Try another way: use localbitcoins.
The more you buy - the more profit you get. Now BTC transaction fee is ~20$. Better to buy once, but a lot.

Gloria_16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

really the commission was simply awful, it is worth trying bots telegrams,By the way 15% is still not so ploho, could take more (
Clifmeister

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:48:44 AM

Does Coinbase really charge higher than others? As far as I know, it's the same (or almost similar) with other wallets.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: