Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to miner with nvidia  (Read 264 times)
gravi (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:52:39 PM

Hello, Im recently studying cryptocurrency stuff and looking for what to miner in windows 7 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and how to do it  Huh Currently CpuMiner is easier and is running here so I thought to increase the hashs
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

It's important that I mention that a 750 ti isn't good (as in strong/efficient) in mining ANYTHING. It's a bad card for mining and you shouldn't mine anything on it if you want profitability or any decent amount of coins.
With that said, just enter on Google "cuda miner + (coin you want to mine)" and you'll most likely end up with a mining software made for Nvidia cards for that particular coin/algorithm and a guide on it.
rehe

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:30:31 PM

Hello, Im recently studying cryptocurrency stuff and looking for what to miner in windows 7 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti and how to do it  Huh Currently CpuMiner is easier and is running here so I thought to increase the hashs
You can calculate here for any GPU and CPU: www.whattomine.com
botmanside

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:52:11 AM

you're a studying, really?
no you're just asking stupid questions, because you're lazy to read and learn something,
you student...

RTFF && RTFM...
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:59:14 AM

Your 750 is 4 years old tech. It would still be able to mine a cryptonote coin but it's not very efficient - it gets obliterated by a single Vega 56. It would be akin to trying to offer Uber services with a Chevy Nova.

Don't bother with Monero. You might be able to do ETN. It probably won't break even with electricity on Ethash.

As others have said, you should do more research - there are tons of old threads detailing what a 750 used to do.
Makak4R

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:06:21 AM

Your 750 is 4 years old tech. It would still be able to mine a cryptonote coin but it's not very efficient - it gets obliterated by a single Vega 56. It would be akin to trying to offer Uber services with a Chevy Nova.

Don't bother with Monero. You might be able to do ETN. It probably won't break even with electricity on Ethash.

As others have said, you should do more research - there are tons of old threads detailing what a 750 used to do.

agree here. the best and easiest way for you now  - run miner for electroneum
how - take a look for this thread here, it is very detailed described for newbies
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2126975.0

it is very straight forward there so you should not have a problem there to setup!
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:12:09 PM

best coins to mine for nvidia 1060 3gb with speed

btx (12mh)
eth + dec (22.5mh +220mh dcr)
etc + dec
eth (24.5mh)
gobyte (600kh)
smartcash (450/500kh)
bitcoinz (290 sol)
mona (24mh)
metaverse (24.5mh)

there are plenty
gravi (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:48:34 AM

you're a studying, really?
no you're just asking stupid questions, because you're lazy to read and learn something,
you student...

I just asked while it is not favorable to buy a new hardware and did want to know what is possible for to miner with old video cards, sorry to bother you
jaramiyo13

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:17:59 PM

I recently started to mine XVG and LUX on my laptop. Which is not a great think (NVIDIA GTX 740M) But I have been taking great results. Around 15 XVG daily, which is not so bad, and 0.002 LUX.

I can really feel that my GPU is not overloaded, even if I an running 2 .bat files at the same time and mining on the same small laptop to Yiimp on 2 different currencies. What I want to say is, depending on your possibilities (mine are low) you can really get good results mining coins like XVG, send directly to Binance and then trading them when you like, or mine LUX directly to their wallet and start staking. Which I believe is a good idea as well.

On my opinion, the NEO/GAS connection is a good thing.

Hoping that something helped you  Grin Grin
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:21:15 PM

The best advice for you is to mine a equihash crypto.
You have to find an alt with equihash algo, where nVidia GPUs are the best and a little crypto, with a not too big difficulty because your GTX750Ti is a low GPU.
There is a lot of cryptos with equihash alg.

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:42:42 PM
Merited by emanbea07 (2)

Sometimes , i was ver confused what applications , links or devices that can mine bitcoin or altcoins, so i am hoping that i can learn in this thread about mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: