Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 130 times)
bjbear123 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:27:59 PM

What do I do, I have this bitcoin waiting to transfer however it is just stuck, I paid the correct sat fee of 41/sats it was $12 fee.

Can someone help accelerate it please ? I have tried accelerating with a online accelerator it however it didn't help

I sent this via blockchain.info and they do not have an option to reverse the transaction or for me to attach a higher fee

Thankyou for your help

TX ID: 3d8ef90203109c65fe669ff20edad9a8cc40d9555d73f5827bf2b8016e54f4d8

BTC: 1Q3B9pr84adJJxBNmo3w3FaEWgcCjCSPTv | ETH: 0x1A053Df90E06f59fc7Aeb12F7a7Ea1f47FA53748 | LTC: LYUQYCy7S68Yry2qv3XRC7xx62GbHZEWhH | BCH: lol Wink
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4983

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:29:44 PM

What do I do, I have this bitcoin waiting to transfer however it is just stuck, I paid the correct sat fee of 41/sats it was $12 fee.

Can someone help accelerate it please ? I have tried accelerating with a online accelerator it however it didn't help

I sent this via blockchain.info and they do not have an option to reverse the transaction or for me to attach a higher fee

Thankyou for your help

Who told you that 41 sat/byte was the correct fee?
At this moment, the recommended fee is 390 sat/byte (https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/).
In other words, your fee is a little over 10% of the "correct" fee...

As for your options, it seems you didn't opt-in RBF when creating the transaction, so your options are limited to:
1) contacting blockchain.info's support, ask them not to re-broadcast the transaction, and wait untill most nodes dropped it from their mempool

2) export the private keys, import them in a decent wallet, double spend the inputs of the unconfirmed transaction in a new transaction with the correct fee

3) if you are also the receiver, you can attempt a CPFP

4) you can pay a miner to include your transaction into the block he's currently working on. Make sure you only accept such a deal from a miner owning a big pool. I know f2pool sometimes accepts paying accerlations (contact Quickseller or macbook-air and ask them pollitely), ViaBTC also offers such a service, btc.com is the last pool i know that offers this deal. Expect to pay a lot more than you would initially have payed if you added the correct fee...

Good luck!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bjbear123 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:34:37 PM

Thankyou for your help

At this moment, the recommended fee is 390 sat/byte (https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/).

As for your options, it seems you didn't opt-in RBF when creating the transaction, so your options are limited to:
1) contacting blockchain.info's support, ask them not to re-broadcast the transaction, and wait untill most nodes dropped it from their mempool

At the time when I made the transaction 41/sats was the recommended fee on blockchain.info, however shortly after I made the transaction this changed and now my transaction has never been included in a block.

Sorry what is RBF, there Is no such option when sending a transaction out of blockchain.info.

I manually rebroadcasted the transaction yesterday but it did nothing, if the transaction is not rebroadcasted for a long period of time, then does the funds get returned to my blockchain.info wallet ?

BTC: 1Q3B9pr84adJJxBNmo3w3FaEWgcCjCSPTv | ETH: 0x1A053Df90E06f59fc7Aeb12F7a7Ea1f47FA53748 | LTC: LYUQYCy7S68Yry2qv3XRC7xx62GbHZEWhH | BCH: lol Wink
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:37:15 PM

Thankyou for your help

At the time when I made the transaction 41/sats was the recommended fee on blockchain.info, however shortly after I made the transaction this changed and now by transaction has never been included in a block.

Sorry what is RBF, there Is no such option when sending a transaction out of blockchain.info.

I manually rebroadcasted the transaction yesterday but it did nothing, if the transaction is not rebroadcasted for a long period of time, then does the funds get returned to my blockchain.info wallet ?

I was still editing my first post while you were replying... There were some other options added.

As for your questions: when did you create the transaction? Optimal fees have been really high for weeks now.
EDIT: https://bitcoinfees.info/ It seems the optimal fee hasn't touched 41 sat/byte for at least a year now...

For the second question: if you (and blockchain.info) stop rebroadcasting the transaction, it will eventually be dropped by most nodes. Each node has it's own settings, but the default setting is to drop unconfirmed transactions after 72 hours, or when the total mempool grows over 300??? Mb, or when they reboot (altough, i think this is no longer true for the most recent versions of bitcoin core). IF your transaction is dropped from most node's mempools AND blockchain.info removes the unconfirmed transaction from your transaction history, you *should* be able to re-use the unspent output to create a brand new transaction (be carefull about the fee this time!!!)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bjbear123 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:40:01 PM

Thankyou for your help

2) export the private keys, import them in a decent wallet, double spend the inputs of the unconfirmed transaction in a new transaction with the correct fee

4) you can pay a miner to include your transaction into the block he's currently working on. Make sure you only accept such a deal from a miner owning a big pool. I know f2pool sometimes accepts paying accerlations (contact Quickseller or macbook-air and ask them pollitely), ViaBTC also offers such a service, btc.com is the last pool i know that offers this deal. Expect to pay a lot more than you would initially have payed if you added the correct fee...

Good luck!

Thank you for these extra suggestions, I used my 12 word recovery phrase and imported my wallet into Exodus wallet, This has given me access to the private key where most of those funds was held, however the balance is '0'.

What wallet do you recommend that could allow me to use a double spend ? I would be quite happy to start again and send the funds with a higher transaction fee. I now have access to my private key but there is 0 balance as the transaction is broadcasted already.

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 03:47:12 PM

Thankyou for your help

Good luck!

Thank you for these extra suggestions, I used my 12 word recovery phrase and imported my wallet into Exodus wallet, This has given me access to the private key where most of those funds was held, however the balance is '0'.

What wallet do you recommend that could allow me to use a double spend ? I would be quite happy to start again and send the funds with a higher transaction fee. I now have access to my private key but there is 0 balance as the transaction is broadcasted already.

I guess bitcoin core would be your best option... You can import the private keys, rescan the blocks. I think that if you do this, initially, the unconfirmed transactions won't be broadcasted to your new wallet (unless blockchain.info is still rebroadcasting them).
Then, you can create a raw transaction from the debug console, sign it, then broadcast it.

Do expect having to wait 1-2 days for the initial sync and scan, and you'll need a HD with ~250Gb of free diskspace.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:01:32 PM

if the transaction is not rebroadcasted for a long period of time, then does the funds get returned to my blockchain.info wallet ?

Yes, the Bitcoin ballance get returned and you can use the Bitcoin again in blockchain.info wallet after the transaction does not confirm for a day or two. Happened to me few times when using blockchain.info wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: